Big Man Iowa Contacted

How does a guy like that end up at Utah State Valley in the first place? Was he a late bloomer or something like he had to prove himself. How does one go from relative anonymity to about having every school on his board to pick from. Rob, any insight on this or how this went down? Anybody else baffled by this? I mean he doesn't have a questionable background or apparently any baggage. I don't get it.

I'm keeping tabs on what he decides as it's interesting as hell.
If Fran didn't keep a close eye on Keegan who knows where he would have ended up.

The Iowa AD has shown time and time again to be reactive and not proactive.

And, I agree, Iowa better can on NIL collectives and find other ways to use it. It's already falling behind. I'm really not sure the reason for the holdup and dragging of feet.
Barta still uses a typewriter with a manual return lever, liquid correction paper, an IBM computer with black screen/green text and floppy disks, keeps his business cards on a Rolodex, and has the chart of Special Hi Intensity Training on his office wall.

He will soon install a modem to connect to his internet to show how progressive he is in keeping up with the times. He will soon have a Microsoft XP where he can play Minesweepers.

How does a guy like that end up at Utah State Valley in the first place? Was he a late bloomer or something like he had to prove himself. How does one go from relative anonymity to about having every school on his board to pick from. Rob, any insight on this or how this went down? Anybody else baffled by this? I mean he doesn't have a questionable background or apparently any baggage. I don't get it.

I'm keeping tabs on what he decides as it's interesting as hell.
He wasn't a highly recruited kid initially i think he started out at Mercer originally this will be his 3rd school. I mean kids like him Garza the Murrays how do any of them slip through the cracks? Kids develop at different rates and ceilings can be misjudged. By no means is it an exact science. Literally nobody thought Garza would be anything close to what he ended up being. His work ethic is what separated him. Maybe that's this kids story to an extent I'm not sure.

Barta still uses a typewriter with a manual return lever, liquid correction paper, an IBM computer with black screen/green text and floppy disks, keeps his business cards on a Rolodex, and has the chart of Special Hi Intensity Training on his office wall.

He will soon install a modem to connect to his internet to show how progressive he is in keeping up with the times. He will soon have a Microsoft XP where he can play Minesweepers.

Just curious as to why you think he would skip over Windows 95, 98 and 2000 to go directly to Windows XP?

My 64 is working quite nicely

1650060228083.png

:cool:

Well Iowa's odds went up a little bit anyway. The Kentucky big kid that got POY is coming back. I'd have to imagine that'd them off his list

Yeah, well now that Cockburn is leaving Illinois, maybe they might come into the picture. I will miss all the fun we had with Kofi's last name though..........

Hunter Dickinson is coming back, which sucks. He is like a 23 years old going on 30.
Yeah he and the UK kid both don't project to be all that impactful in the NBA. The UK kid reminds me of Reggie Evans. And he's glad he came up when he did cause I doubt he'd have had the career he did if he were to be starting it today either. Traditional dudes who just live in the paint still have roles but not the dominant ones they used to. Evans had like a 12 yr plus career and I'm not sure he made a 3 pointer in the NBA.

Dickinson can shoot though. Maybe it's cause he's a lefty but he reminds me of Woodbury if Woodbury could shoot kinda. He may as well come back I'm sure he'll make good NIL $ at Michigan

Fardaws appears to be a Texas Tech lean, Iowa is still out hunting the portal for other prospects.
I wonder how much having Kris come back weighs into his decision. Kris won't be playing just post minutes, but he will be the focal point for our offense and everyone has to know that.

I wonder how much having Kris come back weighs into his decision. Kris won't be playing just post minutes, but he will be the focal point for our offense and everyone has to know that.
I'm not sure, but I don't think Kris will be the lone focal point of Iowa's offense. Perkins has progressed immensely, and both Sandfort and Pat can really get buckets as well. I can't see Iowa being that one dimensional when you've got four guys that can really score, which is nice for Iowa.

Latest posts