Big Man Iowa Contacted

Well they can't keep hitting the D2 schools for bigs. That's all I know.
i don't like hitting the transfer portal at all. it's not a good way to build a team. he needs to go around to high schools in places like solon and west liberty and oskaloosa and just find someone. hell maybe even go to atalissa. it isn't that hard.

i don't like hitting the transfer portal at all. it's not a good way to build a team. he needs to go around to high schools in places like solon and west liberty and oskaloosa and just find someone. hell maybe even go to atalissa. it isn't that hard.
It's not ideal by any means. It's not how coaches (especially older ones that have been around 10 plus years) want to build but it's became a reality. You have to recruit the portal damn near as much as you do HS kids now.

In fact with as many kids that are doing it now I say it should slant that way more. Putting so many man hours and capital into recruiting a HS kid that might play for you 1 or 2 yrs tops when you can recruit the portal and just go after already interested kids that you have tape on at the D1 level gives you a better idea of what you're getting too.

Times have changed and changed fast. Fran has been slow to adapt to this but he's still got time. Don't want to get too far behind though.

You don't hit homeruns if you don't swing. Odds are long, but I like that Fran is looking. He could certainly sell Garza's success to this kid.

Please, Fardaws, Please

How else are we going to get the Todd Berkenpas and Troy Skinners

:cool:

Looks like they might be looking into that kid from Murray State...KJ Williams. Another high level big man transfer prospect.
I like that Fran has patience in the portal and goes for guys that'll really make any impact rather than acting like a kid in a toy store and offers any and everyone. If he wins at least he'll win something he really wants rather than wasting alot of time and resources on a bunch of guys who might treat the program like a revolving door.

Problem is in the B1G you need a huge guy like this. Our league kind of demands it.

But take a look at the teams having success in the tourney…it’s all guard play and lock down perimeter defense. We can’t have our cake and eat it too.

You want a big dude to help navigate conference play or do you want to make a run at the NCAAs?
Ummmmm no. We don’t believe in long NCAA runs.

We only bring one set of underwear and a extra pair of socks. We also carry on a plastic bed sheet cover for when we shit the bed.

ROFLMAO!!!!!!

The funniest part is that someone took you seriously! ROFLMAO!!!!

Yes guards usually are the primary factor in the tournament but bigs are needed too.

Oh I/we all would love to have big time 6'11 or so leaper who is a great defender, shot blocker and alterer, and rebounder who could score maybe 10 a game. If they could score 15-20 my oh my.

Let me ask you this and not to belittle Rebraca who played the 5 undersized but what if we had an Adam Woodbury or Gabe Olesani on this years team to control the lane. WOW

Oh I/we all would love to have big time 6'11 or so leaper who is a great defender, shot blocker and alterer, and rebounder who could score maybe 10 a game. If they could score 15-20 my oh my.

Let me ask you this and not to belittle Rebraca who played the 5 undersized but what if we had an Adam Woodbury or Gabe Olesani on this years team to control the lane. WOW
part of my frustration with fran is that if we just had someone like songergorney i think this team is still playing. maybe kansas could have beaten us by 1, but it would have come down to the last 30 seconds for sure.

If only Nunge had stuck around!

Evan Mobley is already in the NBA. LOL

Nunge's Xavier team is on the verge of playing for the NIT championship and it's no guarantee HE doesn't declare for the draft.

It wouldn't surprise me if an NBA team took a 2nd round flyer on Nunge. Bigs that can shoot the 3 ball are what teams are looking for.

That is a pretty good list.
i think he's in the bag for us. we get this guy and then assuming bowen is better than aaron craft the moment he walks in the door, which i'm pretty sure he will be, i think this team is looking at a final four next year.

dumb-and-dumber-comedy.gif

Latest posts