Big Man Iowa Contacted

Good size at 245 lbs. Big enough to not get pushed around underneath and yet be mobile.

Rebounding definitely a plus. But, i think i saw somewhere that the Zags were sniffing around, and that would be pretty close to home for the young man

i would say <1% chance Fran lands him

Will he is taller/bigger than Rebraca so that would already be a plus. Hopefully the Big O still finds a way to stay on board and you can have him, Mulvey, Rebraca, and possibly this guy to clog up the lane.

All the big guys are gone from the tourney. I think Fran is fine with a bunch of forwards. He is okay with that mindset as long as they have some length and athleticism. He needs to get on it with the guards.

The Jersey boys are taking over. They know how to do it. Rutgers, Seton hall, St. Peters is the way. Villanova just next to Jersey in Philly an hour away is where it is spreading from. A bunch of good guards and forwards that can play "D" including moving well enough to guard on the perimeter. The true centers are all getting exposed as not mobile enough. A lengthy shot blocking forward with wingspan is better then the true center type. A system with multi-skilled guards and a bunch of active bigs. Motion and attack on both offense and defense.

It is coming. Willard is bringing the Jersey to Maryland :) Rutgers still gonna keep coming with it. I bet Shaheen will go to Seton Hall for a bit and then might replace Izzo. Will Fran board the train? Need to get onboard now not react later on. How much more does he need to see. Went and got a taste of what Villanova does and we were down near thirty in that tourney game. Gonzaga unlike this year had better guards that year and drilled us. Even Richmond with lower quality took it to us and stuck it in our face. How many times till you learn... if you can't beat them, join them. If you wait and the rest of them B1G gets on board before you you won't win there either. You won't have to wait till the NCAA to see it happen.

Problem is in the B1G you need a huge guy like this. Our league kind of demands it.

But take a look at the teams having success in the tourney…it’s all guard play and lock down perimeter defense. We can’t have our cake and eat it too.

You want a big dude to help navigate conference play or do you want to make a run at the NCAAs?

I want a Omuruyi type center(Rutgers). Gigantic wingspan, can run the floor, defend the ball screen stuff. I don't want an old school back-to-the basket center. I did a quick google search on the centers in the portal and lot of these guys seem to be in that 6'7-6'9 range...just big bodies, which Fran is looking for, so there are 3 or 4 guys that he can go after.

Vanderbaan is intriguing, but like the Aimaq I am sure he has a lot of suitors.

Problem is in the B1G you need a huge guy like this. Our league kind of demands it.

But take a look at the teams having success in the tourney…it’s all guard play and lock down perimeter defense. We can’t have our cake and eat it too.

You want a big dude to help navigate conference play or do you want to make a run at the NCAAs?

Yep, the last Big teams to make the final four were Mich with a top point guard and maybe Wisconsin with 3 top shooting guards and their brand of tough, mugging defense.

Pre-shot clock and 3-pt shots there was always time to run the plays through a big man in the post for high percentage shots. There were no metrics on long offensive rebounds of missed 3 pointers to say it made sense to launch it from Trey Land vs try to get a 4 foot sky hook. Plus the big money and big TV exposure made it so that all the teams want to get into the dance which led to a huge increase in the number of great players.

It was about 25-30 years ago I heard the phrase ' all the great tight ends are now power forwards in the NBA'.

Is there any mutual interest? Otherwise it's the same pipedream as the stories of all the 4 stars that visit Iowa and say how much they love it, then sign with a blue blood.

Is there any mutual interest? Otherwise it's the same pipedream as the stories of all the 4 stars that visit Iowa and say how much they love it, then sign with a blue blood.
Did you see the list of schools going after him?

Zero chance.

Like negative a million chance.

Personally, I'd like to see Iowa go after Jaylsn Gainey, a transfer from Brown University who was the Ivy League defensive player of the year. I think he'd be a good fit in the front court in Frans up tempo style. Someone tell Fran to reach out to him lol

Latest posts