Big 12 getting ready to end Big 10 expansion

Hawks7

Since TLN will show high school football games there have been strong rumors of Oklahoma, Oklahoma st, bolting for the PAC 12, Texas am and Mizz going to the sec. Kansas and Kansas st going to the big east. Texas going independent, I believe the big ten has a great chance of expanding again!!!! Why would the big ten not look at southern schools such as Florida st, Miami, and Georgia tec? I believe the big ten could offer these schools more than the Acc could in terms of Money. In turn these key markets would add more revenue for all schools, I believe this would be a win win for the schools and the big ten. This would also help recruiting in these great states, I believe Georgia and Florida are constantly in the Top 5 for D1 football prospects. I'm I crazy to think that we should look at these schools for further expansion?:confused::confused: Any concerns for adding these schools?

You forgot about Baylor, Texas Tech, and Iowa State going to the Mountain West.
The Big ten will not get above 14 teams. The next two are Notre Dame and Rutgers

The Big ten will not get above 14 teams. The next two are Notre Dame and Rutgers
I'm really not sure if Texas tech Baylor and Iowa st go to the mountain west!!!! I could see Texas t going to the big east!!!! Iowa st and Baylor maybe mountain west bound:confused:

I really don't think ND comes to the big ten unless they have no other option!!!! Rutgers i just dont know about- rumor mill is stating big ten is going after UNC and Duke Rumor mill.....

Since TLN will show high school football games there have been strong rumors of Oklahoma, Oklahoma st, bolting for the PAC 12, Texas am and Mizz going to the sec. Kansas and Kansas st going to the big east. Texas going independent, I believe the big ten has a great chance of expanding again!!!! Why would the big ten not look at southern schools such as Florida st, Miami, and Georgia tec? I believe the big ten could offer these schools more than the Acc could in terms of Money. In turn these key markets would add more revenue for all schools, I believe this would be a win win for the schools and the big ten. This would also help recruiting in these great states, I believe Georgia and Florida are constantly in the Top 5 for D1 football prospects. I'm I crazy to think that we should look at these schools for further expansion?:confused::confused: Any concerns for adding these schools?

I don't see the Big Ten expanding any time soon or in reaction to the SEC and PAC12. The conference most likely to expand before all others is the PAC 12. Larry Scott wants to go to 16. The SEC may expand if it can add a Texas team, that would be A&M. How they balance the divisions is anybody's guess. Right now the candidates for expanding the SEC and PAC 12 are Big XII schools and possibly an ACC school.

Here is my guess:
Texas: Independent
Texas A&M: SEC
Oklahoma: PAC 12
Oklahoma St: PAC 12
Texas Tech: PAC 12
Kansas: PAC 12

PAC 12 Divisions:
East: Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Kansas, Texas Tech, Colorado, Utah, Arizona, Arizona State
West: USC, UCLA, Washington, Washington State, Oregon, Oregon State, Stanford, California

I'm pretty sure Kansas and Kansas State are going to stay together whereever they would go. Texas I could definately see going independent. That is looking more and more likely. I can see A&M and possibly Oklahoma going SEC. Kansas, Kansas St. Oklahoma St. and possibly Texas Tech PAC 12. Missouri I can see in the Big East, and then Iowa State and Baylor I bet would look at Conference USA. I don't see Big Ten doing anything that doesn't involve Notre Dame, and you could look at a number of different schools to pair up with them to make 14.

And Nodder Dumb is not about to join. They would become just another team in the Big 10 and would lose some of their 'mystic' as an elite football school. In the Big 10 they would be just another team, sharing equally with everyone else. THEY think they are way too good to do something like that. The school administration and of course the faculty would love to have nodder dumb join the Big 10, but football rules that school.

Would prefer that no expansion ever happened but as long as it did I would really enjoy this unfolding. However, two years ago we saw what happened to all those southern powers when there was that freakish cold weather that dipped south for the bowl games. It was low 40's and Wisky pounded the hell out of a happless Miami team more intent on huddling around the heaters on the sideline than playing football. In the slop and mud and cool weather PSU outmuscled LSU who complained bitterly that because the field wasn't fast they were at a disadvantage.

No, never gonna see those southern folks join a conference that plays football in two seasons instead of just one........they can't handle it.

Here's how I see the Big 12 ending:
Texas becomes an independent.
A&M and OU join the SEC.
The other seven join the Big East, which splits into two conferences for everything but football. The Big East's current 8 schools are one division and the Big 12's 7+TCU are another division.

In the off chance the OP is serious, there is no way the Big10 expands with those schools.

Texas would love to go independent in football similar to Notre Dame, but their other sports would be screwed, their other sports carry more weight than people think

I wish some one would comment on this, where you at John Miller

This is just a wild guess, but I'm guessing you didn't get the comments after you started this thread in the timely manner you wanted because it was 2 AM when you started this and not a lot of people are on HN at 2 AM on a Sunday night.

This is how I see the big 12 going down,
Texas = independent
A&M + Oklahoma = PAC 12
Oklahoma State + Kansas + Kansas State + Missouri = Big east
Baylor + Texas Tech = Mountain West
Rest to Conf USA.

Everything will proceed as I foresee:

NCAA will ban HS football on the LHN

aTm and OU will stay, as will KU and everybody else

Not enough people will subscribe to the LHN

ESPN will lose a ton of money

ESPN will expand the LHN to the Big XII Network

ISU will have a home, and have enough money to pay for their new video scoreboard

I thought they put a kabosh on the Texas showing HS games thingy. I thought that idea was squashed.

Anyway, ND will be forced to join some conference sooner or later when the expanding to superconferneces deal really takes off. OCC games will be limited because there will be so many conference games, so it will eventually get difficult for ND to field a tough season schedule similar to the past. I think they will eventually be forced to join one.

I thought they put a kabosh on the Texas showing HS games thingy. I thought that idea was squashed.

Dan Beebe put it on hold, but ESPN continued it and signed contracts with schools to put their teams on TV. I assume the NCAA will weigh in one way or another, and if they don't allow it on the Longhorn Net, ESPN will put it on somewhere else. I don't think Beebe has much power in the whole thing. If the NCAA says it's okay and ESPN/UT want to do it, they will.

Any continued Big 10 expansion would involve a school that is very good academically AND would help the Big 10 expand its TV "footprint."

The most logical additions would probably be Rutgers and Virginia/Maryland.

In other words, if the Big 10 expands, it's likely going to break up the ACC and Big East.

I think the Big 12 may die a slow death similar to how the Southwest Conference did. Nebraska and Colorado have already bolted. Texas A&M may be exploring a move to SEC. Slowly over time I think we will see more schools move away from Texas until the Big 12 finally folds.

Latest posts