Big 10 Next Year...Personnel Losses

There is a thread concerning Iowa's personnel losses going into next season. So I decided it may be time to list each teams likely relevant personnel losses for next season. These are obviously subject to change. *Players with eligibility but likely to leave for the NBA.

Michigan - Morgan, *Robinson and *Stauskas
MSU - Payne, Appling and *Harris
Wisconsin - Brust
Iowa - Basabe, Marble and McCabe
Ohio State - Craft and Smith
Nebraska - Gallegos
Minnesota - Hollins and Smith
Purdue - Johnson and *Hammons
Illinois - Bertrand and Ekey
NW - Crawford and Sobolewski
PSU - Frazier and Roberts
Indiana - Sheehey, Gordon, Vonleh and Hollowell

Maryland - No one
Rutgers - Moore and Judge

Add Dela Valle to Ohio State with an asterisk...

Windsor, I remember when you did this thread last year...as I did then, just want to let you know I find it quite interesting and appreciate your efforts.

No problem. I like to look at the big picture for the conference. We lose guys but so do a lot of other teams.

Ignoring incoming players/recruits I think Wisconsin, Michigan and Nebraska finish 1st, 2nd and 4th. I don't know which team is 3rd but I have a hunch someone will sneak in there ahead of Nebraska. Also, Maryland is new to the conference but is going to be pretty good next year.

I think the bottom 4 will be Penn State, Northwestern, Purdue and Rutgers. Of course anything can happen. See Nebraska this year.

I would definitely add Decker to the list of potential NBA declarations. Currently projected as a first rounder by many.

I list guys that averaged at least 5 points per game...for the most part. That's why Abrahamson and Etherington aren't on the list.

I haven't added Decker because I've never heard a word about him leaving. If anyone else on here has I missed the post. I have only heard that he's projected in the 1st round...doesn't mean he's leaving.

I haven't heard anything about Ferrell leaving either so he's not listed. Why would he hang around? Is he projected as a 1st round pick?

Dekker is only a first round prospect on ESPN. For some reason I think he will stay. He could be a top 10 pick next year IMO.

Sounds like Ross is a goner from OSU. Hammons probably leaves PU also. The league will take a step back next year...good for the Hawkeyes.

I think Dekker was a projected 1st round pick (with some saying potential for lottery) at the beginning of this season. But he doesn't even show up on the mock draft boards now. ?

Regarding Michigan, I've read that Stauskas is a lean to be leaving, while McGary and GRIII are 50/50.

I have not heard anything on Ferrell or Dekker, I would be surprised if Ferrell left.

I think Maryland will be a "sleeper" next year, everyone back with three 4 star freshman coming in. I think Maryland finishes top 5 and fights for a first round BTT bye next year.

Maryland will be no sleeper. Goodman and a few other writers have essentially slotted them as a lock for the tourney next year. They will be damn good.

These are subject to change. *Players with eligibility but likely to leave for the NBA.

I just added Kaminsky. I have no idea if he's considered leaving but his stock should be on the rise...looks like a pro to me and is getting a lot of exposure with the Final Four run. I know some of you follow the mock drafts. Is he projected 1st round yet?

Michigan - Morgan, *Robinson and *Stauskas
MSU - Payne, Appling and *Harris
Wisconsin - Brust, *Kaminsky
Iowa - Basabe, Marble and McCabe
Ohio State - Craft, Ross, Della Valle and Smith
Nebraska - Gallegos
Minnesota - Hollins and Smith
Purdue - Johnson and *Hammons
Illinois - Bertrand and Ekey
NW - Crawford and Sobolewski
PSU - Frazier and Roberts
Indiana - Sheehey, Gordon, Vonleh and Hollowell

Maryland - No one
Rutgers - Moore and Judge

I think Dekker was a projected 1st round pick (with some saying potential for lottery) at the beginning of this season. But he doesn't even show up on the mock draft boards now. ?

He's had a pretty underwhelming season. Honestly, I've never been that impressed by him. He's solid, but I've never seen him as a first round pick. He's very much like White, in the sense that he has a tendency to disappear for long stretches.

Just looked at a mock draft on draft express.com and it has Kaminsky and Dekker as back to back picks in the first round: Kaminsky 22; Dekker 23.

The game announers for MSUx game on Friday indicated Dawson "has done enough to prove he's ready fort the NBA." Unless fIzzo convinces him otherwise, it sounded like he could be gone also.

Latest posts