BHGP Calls Out Mike Wilbon RE: Iowa - NW Game

261fcxg.jpg

Wow, whenever I notice that I have accumulated about 10k posts on here in the past 4 years and feel bad about myself for being such a loser, I can always count on the guys at BHGP to make me feel better. It doesn't get more loser-ish than watching or listening to national sports talk garbage and then writing that diatribe is just the icing on the cake.

I've gotta hand it to Wilbon, though. The guy gets paid decent money to talk about sports. Makes him smarter than pretty much everyone here other than JD and Tork.

Obvious troll is obvious.

Wow, whenever I notice that I have accumulated about 10k posts on here in the past 4 years and feel bad about myself for being such a loser, I can always count on the guys at BHGP to make me feel better. It doesn't get more loser-ish than watching or listening to national sports talk garbage and then writing that diatribe is just the icing on the cake.

I've gotta hand it to Wilbon, though. The guy gets paid decent money to talk about sports. Makes him smarter than pretty much everyone here other than JD and Tork.

PTI is a highly watched program that's been around for a long time. Couple that with Wilbon's comments, some of which were just ridiculous, and it was well worth the response. A Northwestern fan calling Iowa a bottom feeder is almost as ridiculous as a Cyclone fan calling any program a bottom feeder.

Wow - that is really tough. On one hand, the jNW fans have been pretty asinine this year. On the other hand, the sheer amount of butthurt from the NU fans is always hard to pass up. If there was only some way they could both lose...

Nebraska fans losing is always better than NW fans losing. And if j won, it would help us beat the shuckers in the standings. I'll wear my purple for that one.

Wow - that is really tough. On one hand, the jNW fans have been pretty asinine this year. On the other hand, the sheer amount of butthurt from the NU fans is always hard to pass up. If there was only some way they could both lose...

How about if NW loses the game and Pelini gets an extension. That would be a loss for both schools, I 'spose.

it has that history. i won't forget the 'pile on ferentz' angle that site took during the sexual assault case. they never had me, but certainly lost any chance at that point.

Even 5, 6 years later? The writing on BHGP (especially the pieces by Vint) are better than most anything the Register puts out. They're not as good as the Gazette, but they're pretty close.

Even 5, 6 years later? The writing on BHGP (especially the pieces by Vint) are better than most anything the Register puts out. They're not as good as the Gazette, but they're pretty close.

The entire point of following college football football is its history and holding grudges. And usually for things a lot less nasty, personal, and vindictive that what those dudes were flinging.

Wow I can't believe he called us a bottom feader. That makes the win against them so much sweeter. I can tell you what happened to NW saturday they ran in to our defense. And we kicked their ***. GO HAWKS!

Wow I can't believe he called us a bottom feader. That makes the win against them so much sweeter. I can tell you what happened to NW saturday they ran in to our defense. And we kicked their ***. GO HAWKS!

NW has had our number over the last 6-7 years, but I would love to know how many time in the 100+ year history of the program how many time the NW juggernaut has finished with a better season than the "bottom feeder" Iowa. I could be wrong on this but isn't NW historically THE bottom feeder of the conference....well behind Minny too?

Laughable "expert" Wilbon.

Sorry...I forgot about Indiana. Our "bottom feeder" is 100 games ahead of NW. Nothing to brag about but you need to account that we share a conference with 4 of the winningest programs in college football, and the two highest.

Maybe they are close to us in bowl wins though?...:)

1 Michigan 903-315-36 .734 0

2 Nebraska 856-353-41 .701 1

3 Ohio State 825-316-53 .713 1*

4 Penn State 723-365-43 .658 0

5 Minnesota 652-487-44 .569 0

6 Michigan State 648-437-44 .593

7 Wisconsin 644-476-53 .571 1

8 Iowa 598-530-39 .529 0

9 Purdue 592-514-48 .533 0

10 Illinois 582-544-50 .516 0

11 Northwestern 499-636-44 .441

12 Indiana 454-624-44 .424 0

NW has had our number over the last 6-7 years, but I would love to know how many time in the 100+ year history of the program how many time the NW juggernaut has finished with a better season than the "bottom feeder" Iowa. I could be wrong on this but isn't NW historically THE bottom feeder of the conference....well behind Minny too?

Laughable "expert" Wilbon.
I looked at the conference record history from 2000 forward. Over that time period there were a few years where the teams had the same conference record, but there were only 2 times where NW had a better conference record than Iowa (2000 and 2012).

Is it ironic that Iowa feels as though they should beat NW because they are "bottom feeders"; however, NW feels like they should beat Iowa because they are "bottom feeders"?

PTI is a highly watched program that's been around for a long time. Couple that with Wilbon's comments, some of which were just ridiculous, and it was well worth the response. A Northwestern fan calling Iowa a bottom feeder is almost as ridiculous as a Cyclone fan calling any program a bottom feeder.

My point is simply that if you are watching PTI at 4 or 5, whenever it comes on, you are probably a loser prole with a terrible job because about 99.9% of people with real jobs are still at work at that time, or at best, commuting home. When I look at the labor force participation rate among 18-54 year old men, I'm not surprised that PTI is a highly watched program.

Getting paid decent money to talk about sports makes one "smart".
Hmm.
What about mush mouth, Lou Holtz?
Charles Barkley?
Dick Vitale?
You can go on & on...

Yes, it does. Because they have figured out to meet their financial words without doing one iota of actual work. It's the American dream. You never need to voluntarily retire from a job being a columnist or talking head on ESPN because you aren't doing anything intellectually or physically challenging. You're just spouting off your opinion (or the one ESPN tells you to take so it diverts from common opinion to generate fake, meaningless controversy) and you might get bonus points for getting in the last word or yelling louder or having better body language than your fierce opponent, who takes the other position. I suspect the average IQ of the typical regular viewer of sports opinion programming is somewhere just slightly lower than the average viewer of NASCAR or WWF rasslin'.

Latest posts