BF slams Dantonio

SpiderRico

I thoroughly enjoyed the Hawk Central interview with Brian Ferentz yesterday.....particularly the part where he slams Dantonio for "whining" to the media about Connor Cook being picked so low. BF basically said that you can't be upset when NFL teams expose weaknesses in potential draft picks because that is what they are there to do (he even referenced the fact that CJ will most likely be called out for his lack of size and BF completely understands that).....then he closed with "the fact that a senior QB wasn't a team captain probably says a lot". I always enjoy BFs honesty and the fact that he went after Dantonio, my least favorite B1G coach, made it even better!

I thoroughly enjoyed the Hawk Central interview with Brian Ferentz yesterday.....particularly the part where he slams Dantonio for "whining" to the media about Connor Cook being picked so low. BF basically said that you can't be upset when NFL teams expose weaknesses in potential draft picks because that is what they are there to do (he even referenced the fact that CJ will most likely be called out for his lack of size and BF completely understands that).....then he closed with "the fact that a senior QB wasn't a team captain probably says a lot". I always enjoy BFs honesty and the fact that he went after Dantonio, my least favorite B1G coach, made it even better!

That is freaking unheard of. Astonishing really!

BF isn't exactly a chip off his old mans block... Which is probably why I love having him on the staff. I always thought Cooks ceiling as a QB was really low. He doesn't have a great arm. All he's got is the size. Because he's not an athlete either. So you figure in that the guy is a douche that his teammates didn't even respect enough to make a captain and there you go... I mean really what senior multiple year starter at QB on a good team hasn't been named a captain? Red flag city and the NFL wasn't going to over look it.

He definitely has a little Harbaugh in him. He just needs the success like Harbaugh has had to back it up and give him credibility.

He might be a young coach, but he sharpened his craft in the NFL. He did all the dirty work and earned his way into a position coach. He knows what he's talking about when he mentions what they are looking for.

Connor Cook is a bitch. When your QB isn't a team captain that's a red flag. Remember the shady move he pulled at the trophy ceremony for the B10 Championship game? Kid is a selfish prick.

Brian coached the 14th ranked pass blocking offensive line in the Big 10 last year, and works for his dad as a position coach. I'm not sure he is in a position to critique the most successful head coach in the Big 10 over the past 5 yrs?

While I respect not hiding behind coach speak and being a straight shooter, there is nothing wrong with a head coach thinking his star QB who lead his team to the playoffs should have been drafted higher. We would all praise Kirk for having that kind of loyalty toward his players if he feels they were snubbed.

Brian coached the 14th ranked pass blocking offensive line in the Big 10 last year, and works for his dad as a position coach. I'm not sure he is in a position to critique the most successful head coach in the Big 10 over the past 5 yrs?

While I respect not hiding behind coach speak and being a straight shooter, there is nothing wrong with a head coach thinking his star QB who lead his team to the playoffs should have been drafted higher. We would all praise Kirk for having that kind of loyalty toward his players if he feels they were snubbed.

I noticed you didn't mention how the OL ranked in relation to run blocking. I also notice you didn't at all attribute the sacks to a QB who essentially played 3/4ths of the year with a sports hernia or to the fact that we played more than half the year with our 2 starting tackles on the sidelines.

I also noticed you left off the fact that BF also coached under, arguably, the greatest head coach in NFL history.

It was also obvious that you didn't listen to the interview. BF's criticism of Dantonio wasn't around the fact that he complained his QB wasn't drafted higher....it was a critique around the fact that Dantonio knows how the game is played in the NFL draft, that all the warts are going to be exposed, and yet acted astonished and surprised and whined about the fact that that happened. Well duh! When your multi-year starting QB isn't even named a team captain by his teammates, that might indicate some issues. Not to mention, interviews with those players indicated a QB that was all about himself and showed virtually no leadership.

But don't let facts get in the way of your obvious jealousy of BFs success or your apparent hatred of all things Ferentz.

Dang, I was hoping there was going to be a video of BF going all Rick Flair on Dantonio followed up by a massive leg drop.

Dang, I was hoping there was going to be a video of BF going all Rick Flair on Dantonio followed up by a massive leg drop.
I think Flair would have gone for the figure four. Hulk may have blasted him with that leg drop though. Either would be appropriate for Dantonio.

I noticed you didn't mention how the OL ranked in relation to run blocking. I also notice you didn't at all attribute the sacks to a QB who essentially played 3/4ths of the year with a sports hernia or to the fact that we played more than half the year with our 2 starting tackles on the sidelines.

I also noticed you left off the fact that BF also coached under, arguably, the greatest head coach in NFL history.

It was also obvious that you didn't listen to the interview. BF's criticism of Dantonio wasn't around the fact that he complained his QB wasn't drafted higher....it was a critique around the fact that Dantonio knows how the game is played in the NFL draft, that all the warts are going to be exposed, and yet acted astonished and surprised and whined about the fact that that happened. Well duh! When your multi-year starting QB isn't even named a team captain by his teammates, that might indicate some issues. Not to mention, interviews with those players indicated a QB that was all about himself and showed virtually no leadership.

But don't let facts get in the way of your obvious jealousy of BFs success or your apparent hatred of all things Ferentz.

aP80atj.gif

I'm not sure why Brian would even say anything bad about one of the top coaches in the conference. Maybe he should achieve a little more before he ridicules a coach for standing up for his player? I dunno that's just my opinion

Still trolling Iowa Fans..... after all these years!

Spot on...

Even when he is proven an idiot, he keeps spouting his talking points. I mean yeah, Brian has proven to be a HUGE liability if you ask the lawman. I mean the Oline has sucked the last few years under Brian, I mean he only coached an Outland Trophy winner, and took 2 walk on tackles and a former TE and turned them into a more than serviceable OL. But yeah, Brian only has a job because of his dad....o_O

Ok, I didn't read this thread before. Randolfo is for sure IowaLaw.

It took you this long to come to that conclusion? The scale of justice avatar is basically telling you that he really isn't trying to hide who he is.

So how many of you losers have "alts"? It's not pathetic enough that we spend this much time on internet message boards as it is, so you have to make it even more pathetic? Let the witty, super cool replies begin! Although, remember, I did say "we". :)

Latest posts