Beth Mowins?

HawkeyeGunner

Ok Danny Kannel and Trent Dilfer where both let go today but haven't heard anything about our favorite announcer Beth. Has anyone heard anything about us being blessed with her being let go and out of our hair on Saturday afternoons?

They pink slipped her, so she went in and kicked the crap out of 3 executives and got her job back.

I believe this purge is all about getting rid of expensive contracts. It is not about getting rid of cheap untalented people.

I believe this purge is all about getting rid of expensive contracts. It is not about getting rid of cheap untalented people.
Yup. It's the longer tenured people that aren't necessarily the biggest names yet been around a long time and have bloated contracts. Lots of the folks had been there 5 plus years. I think a lot of the announcers that are pretty much part time aren't nearly as much of a drain on them as what so many of those talking head daily pundits are. I liked Ed Werder him being let go sucks

Seems like only the white guys are getting the ax. In this day and age companies are too scared to fire women and especially minorities.

They canned some women and a few AA dudes too.

Not sure why they canned Hassle though. Thought they didn't use him in the right way.

I heard she was calling the Meyer / Greisbaum trial...although she went to the wrong courthouse and then kept calling the lesbians transexuals. I'm going to miss her.

Man, ESPN let go of a lot of employees today. Heard they have lost a ton of money, not surprised since their product has turned into hot garbage.

They canned some women and a few AA dudes too.

Not sure why they canned Hassle though. Thought they didn't use him in the right way.

Hassel said this will give him a chance to fulfill his dream of being a play-by-play guy. Dolphin is getting up there in age... Would love it if ol' Cooter Ray Cornholer was able to call Iowa games.

Hassel said this will give him a chance to fulfill his dream of being a play-by-play guy. Dolphin is getting up there in age... Would love it if ol' Cooter Ray Cornholer was able to call Iowa games.
I remember listening to Hassel on the radio KXNO now and then. He seemed like a natural at that. I figured the stuffiness of being a studio highlight guy wouldn't be quite for him as much. ESPN gives those guys a lot of freedom to show their personalities but not nearly as much as what he was doing at WHO back in the day. He was a riot. It was nice having a Hawkeye homer up there in Bristol. I'm sure he'll land on his feet just fine. I suppose Dolphins gig is his dream job since he's mentioned wanting to call games more. So time will tell...

Seems like only the white guys are getting the ax. In this day and age companies are too scared to fire women and especially minorities.

Not true at all. They laid off:

Dana Oneil (woman)
Darren Haynes (black)
Brit McHenry (woman)
Raul Ibanez (hispanic)
Charles Arbuckle (black)
Jarrett Bell (black)
Jade McCarthy (woman)
Marysol Castro (woman/hispanic)
Reese Waters (black)
Dottie Pepper (woman)
Jaymee Sire (woman)
Chantel Jennings (woman)
Ashley Fox (woman)
Len Elmore (black)
Calvin Watkins (black)
Melissa Isaacson (woman)
Jane McManus (woman)
Johnette Howard (woman)
CL Brown (black)

But by all means, please continue to post nonsensical narratives to fit your agenda.

Man, ESPN let go of a lot of employees today. Heard they have lost a ton of money, not surprised since their product has turned into hot garbage.
if they didn't have a bunch of morons trying to outdo each other for kitschy phrases that someone might like, then maybe it would work out. I enjoy watching local sports because they don't make an scene out of each and every thing that happened in sports on that day.

if they didn't have a bunch of morons trying to outdo each other for kitschy phrases that someone might like, then maybe it would work out. I enjoy watching local sports because they don't make an scene out of each and every thing that happened in sports on that day.

It is those one-liners and catch phrases that made sportscenter so popular throughout the 90's. That's not the point, ESPN waaaay over paid for TV rights fees for these professional sports league. And the one thing they couldn't have happened....happened. They started losing subscribers their cash cow. How one feels or felt about the product itself is irrelevant.

They over paid for the NFL tv rights and it caused a trickle down effect where they had to overpay for the NBA and MLB. No one had the foresight to see streaming and cord cutting would be so prevalent.

Dana Oneil (woman)
Darren Haynes (black)
Brit McHenry (woman)
Raul Ibanez (hispanic)
Charles Arbuckle (black)
Jarrett Bell (black)
Jade McCarthy (woman)
Reese Waters (black)
Dottie Pepper (woman)
Jaymee Sire (woman)
Chantel Jennings (woman)
Ashley Fox (woman)
Len Elmore (black)
Calvin Watkins (black)
Melissa Isaacson (woman)
Jane McManus (woman)
Johnette Howard (woman)
CL Brown (black)

But by all means, please continue to post nonsensical narratives to fit your agenda.

Since they said there were 100 layoffs does that mean 81 of them then were white guys? Just askin'.

Dana Oneil (woman)
Darren Haynes (black)
Brit McHenry (woman)
Raul Ibanez (hispanic)
Charles Arbuckle (black)
Jarrett Bell (black)
Jade McCarthy (woman)
Reese Waters (black)
Dottie Pepper (woman)
Jaymee Sire (woman)
Chantel Jennings (woman)
Ashley Fox (woman)
Len Elmore (black)
Calvin Watkins (black)
Melissa Isaacson (woman)
Jane McManus (woman)
Johnette Howard (woman)
CL Brown (black)

I recognize very few if any of these people.

Latest posts