Beth Goetz is officially the new AD

What a remarkable group of quotes praising their new boss. Real genuine thoughts I am sure.
I would have paid a decent amount of money to see their real quotes if they were able to without penalty. I think she's done great and will continue to do so. But the cynical side of me would love to see the authentic quotes.

I would have paid a decent amount of money to see their real quotes if they were able to without penalty. I think she's done great and will continue to do so. But the cynical side of me would love to see the authentic quotes.
I get it. However, I have operated under the rule that I will take what someone says at face value until I have evidence that I am wrong. Think about it this way. If these coaches had remained silent, even if they felt her selection was a good thing, what would people assume? I would rather compliment Beth and be faced with a cynical view of my comments than remain silent. Just my M.O.

Like the t-shirt says: Beth Goetz it! Sincere or not, that's an amazing series of statements from the Iowa coaches.

Curious how much looking around at other possible candidates was done, if any. Or, realistically, was she "interim" in name only? Not suggesting they should have searched--just wondering if the position was truly "open".

Thursday’s announcement concludes an official search process that began late last year. The UI hired Turnkey-ZRG to conduct the search and established a 10-person search committee, which included a mix of university and athletics department staff, one current athlete and major donor P. Sue Beckwith.

Nicole Grosland, an associate dean in the UI’s College of Engineering and the committee chair, said the search “produced an impressive group of candidates.”

“The committee had the opportunity to interview multiple sitting athletic directors from across the country,” Grosland said in a statement. “Beth emerged as a finalist with a strong vision to lead the department at this crucial time.”

Thursday’s announcement concludes an official search process that began late last year. The UI hired Turnkey-ZRG to conduct the search and established a 10-person search committee, which included a mix of university and athletics department staff, one current athlete and major donor P. Sue Beckwith.

Nicole Grosland, an associate dean in the UI’s College of Engineering and the committee chair, said the search “produced an impressive group of candidates.”

“The committee had the opportunity to interview multiple sitting athletic directors from across the country,” Grosland said in a statement. “Beth emerged as a finalist with a strong vision to lead the department at this crucial time.”
I love facts. Thank you..

Latest posts