Beth Goetz is officially the new AD

Not sure why took so long but I suspect we should be hearing about the new OC soon as I always thought the two announcements would be around the same time for some reason, especially after Goetz was involved with announcing that BF would not be coming back as OC. With Proctor going in the portal yesterday, it's just too coincidental with the timing with all of this.

I suspect Rob will have his article out in the next 15 min!!!

Not sure why took so long but I suspect we should be hearing about the new OC soon as I always thought the two announcements would be around the same time for some reason, especially after Goetz was involved with announcing that BF would not be coming back as OC. With Proctor going in the portal yesterday, it's just too coincidental with the timing with all of this.

I suspect Rob will have his article out in the next 15 min!!!

Government jobs require a lot of steps to hire somebody, especially at that level.

Government jobs require a lot of steps to hire somebody, especially at that level.
I call BS on this. Alabama had a head coach hired in pretty much two days along with and OC. There were other colleges that had coaches in a matter of days to a week. It takes longer, but it doesn't take 5-6 months. I work at the university in a supervisory role and have hired so have gone thru the process on multiple occasions.

I really don't know much about her and stuff. Resume. Past successes. Or, outside of the obvious from this season. Which demonstrates she can do hard things and make hard things happen. And, so far, all parties involved handled that hard thing with beyond expected grace. Doesn't mean the Ferentz' didn't get their shots in, but that's perfectly reasonable. I have to assume that's a really positive sign of her abilities.

I honestly couldn't begin to make a list of the "primary" duties of a collegiate athletic director. Beyond "making sports good". My best guess would be....coordinate raising revenue (and how to spend it), lots of paperwork, and trying to lure key coaches when necessary?

At the moment, she has a really tenuous football team that still has resounding support and more success than maybe it should.
A basketball team that's increasing attendance at away games by 325%.
A newly formed wrestling program that I'm paying way more attention to than I thought I would.

I can't see one reason to mark this move in anything other than a positive light.

AL likely has some different laws that they can skirt around and they also don't likely F everything up every time they make a hire or fire, so I am fine with taking the time and getting things right.

I really don't know much about her and stuff. Resume. Past successes. Or, outside of the obvious from this season. Which demonstrates she can do hard things and make hard things happen. And, so far, all parties involved handled that hard thing with beyond expected grace. Doesn't mean the Ferentz' didn't get their shots in, but that's perfectly reasonable. I have to assume that's a really positive sign of her abilities.

I honestly couldn't begin to make a list of the "primary" duties of a collegiate athletic director. Beyond "making sports good". My best guess would be....coordinate raising revenue (and how to spend it), lots of paperwork, and trying to lure key coaches when necessary?

At the moment, she has a really tenuous football team that still has resounding support and more success than maybe it should.
A basketball team that's increasing attendance at away games by 325%.
A newly formed wrestling program that I'm paying way more attention to than I thought I would.

I can't see one reason to mark this move in anything other than a positive light.
She is the CEO of the Athletic Department. I know in a lot of companies, the revenue producers have more clout than the CEO and it's the same in athletics. The highly successful coaches of the revenue sports, along with the rich alumni have more clout than her, but she runs everything else and will have more clout if the coach loses successfulness.

“This is a great day for Iowa Athletics! Beth is a talented and experienced administrator with strong leadership skills. She has a proven track record of success everywhere she has been. Beth is the perfect choice to lead us into the new Big Ten and will be a strong voice for Hawkeye athletics nationwide. I am happy and excited for Beth, and believe President Wilson made an outstanding decision.”
Rick Heller – Baseball

“I am so excited for the future of the department and our program. Beth has been a tremendous asset to the university since she stepped foot on campus and I am thrilled she will continue to lead the Iowa Department of Athletics. I have had the opportunity to work closely with Beth and that experience and her vision for the department has been impressive. The ability to work closely with her helps our program immensely.”

Fran McCaffery – Men’s Basketball

“President Wilson hit a home run with the choice of Beth Goetz to lead our Department of Athletics. Beth is a unifying leader who communicates and listens with great effectiveness. Beth is the right person to lead our department into this ever-changing athletic landscape.”

Lisa Bluder – Women’s Basketball

“I am thrilled that Beth Goetz has been named Director of Athletics. She is absolutely one of the best administrators I have had the opportunity to work with. Beth is a championship communicator, and fantastic problem-solver; most importantly she operates with the highest integrity. I so appreciate her dedication to collaboration and the effort she makes to have a presence within our program. In this critical moment in college athletics, we are fortunate to have an incredible leader guiding us forward. It will be an absolute honor to work for her and I know the Hawks will continue to rise to new heights under Beth’s leadership. It’s a great day to be a Hawkeye!

Lisa Cellucci – Field Hockey

“I am pleased that Beth has been officially hired as our university’s newest director of athletics. Since arriving at the University of Iowa, Beth has shown a tremendous dedication to the university and a passion for our student-athletes. She has a vision that is respectful of the traditions of our athletics programs while embracing opportunities in the rapidly changing college sports landscape. Beth is highly professional, and I believe is well-equipped to navigate this new era of collegiate sports.”

Kirk Ferentz – Football

“Beth is an excellent leader and a perfect fit for the University of Iowa. Her wealth of experience will help guide our programs into the new era of college athletics. It is a great day for Hawkeye student-athletes, staff, and fans.”

Tyler Stith – Men’s Golf

“In the short period that Beth has been on campus, it has been exciting to see her impact on our staff and student-athletes. She has brought great energy, communication, and has worked quickly to unite our department. The women’s golf team is excited to have her as our leader. Go Hawks!”

Megan Menzel – Women’s Golf

“We are ecstatic that Beth Goetz has been named Iowa’s newest Director of Athletics. Throughout her short time, she has hit the ground running making sure she is a strong representative of the roots of Iowa’s culture, while simultaneously establishing her own vision of Iowa Athletics within a new era of NCAA sports where the interest in women’s sports is at an all-time high. Her role as one of very few female Director of Athletics at the Division I level is pivotal, and she has wasted no time in making herself visible and accessible to all of us at Iowa. We look forward to following her lead as she brings our university both academically and athletically to the next level.”

Larissa Libby – Women’s Gymnastics

“Today is a great day to be a Hawkeye! I am thrilled to have Beth leading us into the future. She is a passionate, dedicated, and inspirational leader that brings out the best in everyone. With the ever-changing landscape of college athletics, the University of Iowa is in good hands.”

Jeff Garbutt – Rowing

Good leaders are hard to find, but great leaders are almost impossible. Beth is a great leader, a leader who empowers people to be confident, forward-thinking, and think outside of the box. Her leadership ability can be best described as supportive, transparent, and energetic. There are great years ahead for all of us at University of Iowa Athletics and in Hawkeye Nation.”

Dave Diianni – Women’s Soccer

“Beth has shown great leadership and vision this past year. She has been listening and responding to difficult issues while guiding the staff through an ever-changing environment in the NCAA. She has been a guiding force for the athletics department and an incredible liaison to the university. We look forward to having her full-time to help navigate a new era for Iowa Athletics.”

Renee Gillispie – Softball

“The swimming & diving program is elated that Beth Goetz will be the Director of Athletics at the University of Iowa going forward. Our student-athletes, coaches, and staff are excited to have Beth leading this department into the future. Go Hawks!”

Nathan Mundt – Women’s Swimming & Diving

“I have no doubt that in Beth Goetz we have the transformational leader Iowa Athletics needs to succeed and thrive at the highest levels of collegiate athletics. I am proud to be a Hawkeye under Beth’s leadership where she sets the highest example for integrity, intelligence, communication, vision, and success. We absolutely hit the jackpot on our new Director of Athletics. We have an exciting future ahead of us in Hawkeye Athletics!”

Sasha Schmid – Women’s Tennis

“I am excited to welcome Beth as our new Director of Athletics! In a short amount of time, she has shown great leadership and an unwavering commitment and support of our track and field and XC athletes and staff. Beth has tremendous passion for the University of Iowa and the Hawkeyes. She brings exceptional experience from many levels of collegiate athletics, and I trust that she will lead our programs through this new Big Ten and NCAA landscape.”

Joey Woody – Track & Field/XC

Iowa has a new leader that everyone can be very proud of. Beth has the respect of every coach in the department because she is a strong leader, a thoughtful listener, and a difference maker that gets things done. Hawkeye student-athletes are in great hands.”

Jim Barnes - Volleyball

“Beth Goetz earned her way into the business by not making it about business. She is about the right things. The Hawks got the best.”

Tom Brands – Men’s Wrestling

“There is no better person to lead Iowa Athletics. Beth brings great energy and shows her support to all programs. Her leadership as an interim AD has made great and positive impact as she navigated through various situations. She has taken the time to gain an understanding of our program and our sport. We couldn't be more excited for her continued leadership. Congratulations, Beth!”

Clarissa Chun – Women’s Wrestling

There's still scar tissue in the football facility. Not sure how much honesty we'd get out of there publicly in regards to the hire.

The other coaches genuinely seem to back her so far. Of course, she's not following a tough act.

I wonder how bad it burned Kurt's ass when he read what his secretary typed up for him. LOL
I almost half expected their to be a 'but.....' in his comment somewhere haha. The fact their wasn't is how we know someone else wrote it all for him.

What a remarkable group of quotes praising their new boss. Real genuine thoughts I am sure.

You can say the right things without going over the top (see KF statement), or you can really go out of your way to heap praise (see phrases like "transformational leader", "hit the jackpot", "hit a home run", "absolutely one of the best...I have ever worked with", "thrilled"). A lot of the coaches did the latter, which I would assume is based upon genuine feelings.