• Ricky Stanzi-QBR 157.6

Votes: 11 19.6%
  • Drew Tate-QBR 146

Votes: 12 21.4%
  • None because it’s going to end up being Stanley

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters

StanziUSA

lot of good discussions in the best offense about who would be the QB. I listed each QB’s best QBR of their career in the poll.

Personally I’d rank them:
Banks-Heisman Runner up #1 in passing efficiency in the country in 2002, #1 in total yards/TDs in the B1G 2002, 2002 AP Player of the year,Davy O’Brien winner, and B1G OPOY. Awards says it all.
Stanzi: Great W/L record, Bowl record, best year threw for 3000 yards, best completion % and best QBR of the 4.
Tate-(Biased) Personally one of my favorite Hawkeyes ever, made huge plays which is why you could flip him or CJ here
Beathard: Took is to a Rose Bowl with GD as his OC. Shit that should make him #1.....

P.S Stanley is about to push all of these guys if he hasn’t already....

Banks definitely had the best season of anu of them.

Stanzi had the best career numbers. Also had the best weapons.

Tate could put a team on his back. If you asked which guy I'd want out there with the game on the line, it's Tate.

And CJB was a winner, and a leader.

A big year from Stanley could put him ahead of all of them though. I'm buying in!

I’m hopeful on Stanley, if the running backs can have a good year and the o line goes from good to great, he very well could. Banks is the obivous goat under Ferentz, but I love all these guys. Stanzi gave me so many heart attacks though.

I would say Banks but the only reason he got to play was because McCann ran out of eligibility.

Brad's an easy #1. #2 gets tricky...you can make a case for Stanzi, Tate, Beathard and Stanley by this time next year. Nate could move to #1

I voted Banks as the best and I think that he is. However, Drew Tate was one of my favorite Hawks ever. He could take over a game and was as gritty and tough as nails.

Brad's an easy #1. #2 gets tricky...you can make a case for Stanzi, Tate, Beathard and Stanley by this time next year. Nate could move to #1

He also easily had the most talent around him at the skill spots and on the OL. His entire team was stacked outside of the short, inexperienced CBs.

Its very hard to compare him against a guy like CJ who had terrible pass blocking OLs and only two skill guys (Wadley & Kittle) who would have played a lot on a 2002 level team. And Kittle never really got a lot of traction his SR year due to injury.

He also easily had the most talent around him at the skill spots and on the OL. His entire team was stacked outside of the short, inexperienced CBs.

Its very hard to compare him against a guy like CJ who had terrible pass blocking OLs and only two skill guys (Wadley & Kittle) who would have played a lot on a 2002 level team. And Kittle never really got a lot of traction his SR year due to injury.
Let’s not act like CJB had 4 Stevie wonders running around...TWO 1,000 yard rushers, off the top of my head he had what 3or4 NFL OL, Tevaun Smith/Kittle/Kreiger-Coble/McCaron all made NFL rosters. A better argument would have been compare each QBs offensive coordinators. Even that’s a stretch to say CJB is better than BB who was a hair away from being named Iowa’s second heisman winner.

KF has been a coach for a very long time according to you guys.
giphy.gif

Let’s not act like CJB had 4 Stevie wonders running around...TWO 1,000 yard rushers, off the top of my head he had what 3or4 NFL OL, Tevaun Smith/Kittle/Kreiger-Coble/McCaron all made NFL rosters. A better argument would have been compare each QBs offensive coordinators. Even that’s a stretch to say CJB is better than BB who was a hair away from being named Iowa’s second heisman winner.

You're right. CJ didn't play with a bunch of Stevie Wonders but his supporting cast was not up to par with BB's.

What guys on the 2015 or 2016 team would have started over a guy from the 2002 team? I can think of 4 guys from the CJ era that are better than their counterpart from the 2002 team.

OG Daniels
MLB Jewell
CB King
CB Mabin

Who else from one of CJ's teams is superior to the guy Banks played with in 2002?

Banks had a arguably the best supporting cast, but he was also far and away a better runner than anybody else on the list. Tate was a scrambler and CJ wasn't shy about taking the yards available...but Banks was the only true dual threat.

Since the object of the game is to score more points than the other team and the best way to do it for a QB is by throwing the rock into the endzone, I would vote for Stanley.

Banks definitely had the best season of anu of them.

Stanzi had the best career numbers. Also had the best weapons.

Tate could put a team on his back. If you asked which guy I'd want out there with the game on the line, it's Tate.

And CJB was a winner, and a leader.

A big year from Stanley could put him ahead of all of them though. I'm buying in!

Good assessment, but my "game on the line" guy, in order:

1) 2009 Stanzi
2) 2004 Tate
3) 2015 CJB
4) 2002 Banks

And the separation between all four is about a millionth of a percentage point.

I think you got the top 4 right.

Stanley can battle with Rudock and JVB for 5th place. Stanley's TD numbers are good. His Win-loss record not so great.