Best of the Big Ten & Bowl Slotting: Sweet for Hawks

The Rose Bowl is obviously choice number one, but for personal reasons I am crossing my fingers for the Sugar. Really don't know if we could swing the RB trip this year. The Sugar would be a slam dunk.

As far as the Rich Rod deal goes, if UM gets rid if him, they are going to have to do a radical rebuild again. That is unless they want another option-spread coach. What a mess.

Last edited:
Jon,
PSU is not beating MSU and I don't think Northwestern loses out. I don't know how it will change things in your scenario, maybe Iowa still ends up in the same spot but doubt you have the scenario correct about the regular season.

Jon,
PSU is not beating MSU and I don't think Northwestern loses out. I don't know how it will change things in your scenario, maybe Iowa still ends up in the same spot but doubt you have the scenario correct about the regular season.

It's just what I think will happen, so I am basing the picks off that.

The Rose Bowl is obviously choice number one, but for personal reasons I am crossing my fingers for the Sugar. Really don't know if we could swing the RB trip this year. The Sugar would be a slam dunk.

As far as the Rich Rod deal goes, if UM gets rid if him, they are going to have to do a radical rebuild again. That is unless they want another option-spread coach. What a mess.

Agreed. It was a huge gamble to hire a sleazy coach with a gimmick offense. If they had a decent D he could've pulled it off but he was on thin ice when he arrived and it's now giving way under his feet.

I agree on the radical rebuild at Michigan...but they are 4-16 in Big Ten games the last two and a half years.

How much worse can it get?

Well Wisc and MSU do have a slight edge in the B10 race, but I don't think its automatic that either will run the table. I honestly believe Sparty will lose another game this season, they are not great and prone to meltdowns. Wisc running the table is not automatic, the games at Michigan and vs Northwestern are not auto wins. I could see Rich Rod selling his soul (if he has one) for a job saving win Wisc.

I'm also not sold on the fact that 10-2 Iowa gets the BCS bid over 10-2 OSU. Iowa does travel well, but so does OSU. And OSU has way more national appeal. I would be surprised. Anyways I still hoping for A wiscy loss, and Iowa running the table so I can take the short drive to watch them in Pasadena!

I agree on the radical rebuild at Michigan...but they are 4-16 in Big Ten games the last two and a half years.

Yeah the only way it gets worse is if they do nothing and are in the same spot next year or the year after that.

Not saying it would be the wrong thing to do. Just means a couple more down years in the Big Hole.

If Michigan fires Rodriguez and has to go through another three or four years to get back to where they were, how is that a bad thing?

This was Rodriguez's year to get them turned in the right direction, and he's quickly running out of time.

Jon,

no disrespect but i disagree here, with the exception about NW--
MSU will probably loose at PSU, given the match's up here, and the possibility of down swing for MSU and up swing for PSU, like i said in another thread between wisconsin and MSU dropping one, it's going to be MSU

Michigan has a bunch of talent, they are just not using it. Fire Rich Rod and 2 or 3 more down years for Michigan...I'm getting misty eyed just thinking about it...never mind just a sneeze coming on.

It can't get any worse. The average guy on the street could coach Michigan to a 4-16 mark in the Big 10. How you screw up a gig at a place like Michigan is beyond me.

The Rose Bowl is obviously choice number one, but for personal reasons I am crossing my fingers for the Sugar. Really don't know if we could swing the RB trip this year. The Sugar would be a slam dunk.:D

And I absolutely looove it!!!

Michigan can score on anybody, but their 3-4 defense is killing them. They can't stop the run, therefore their opponents passing game opens up too. The only scenario I can see Michigan beating a team like Wisconsin is if they get up early and force Wisconsin to be 1-dimensional.

Penn St is starting to come around with their walk-on QB. They will match-up good with Mich St.

Michigan can score on anybody, but their 3-4 defense is killing them. .

It's a 3-3-5. Their DC Greg Robinson installed the 3-4 when he got there last year, and Rich Rod changed to the 3-3-5 because its what he knows and what he did at WV. It seems rinky dink for the Big Ten.

Latest posts