Best Hawkeye Movie

Grey's Anatomy has had a few references to Iowa

-Dr Alex Karev went to Iowa on a wrestling scholarship.

_Two weeks ago two people were talking on a couch with an Iowa blanket covering the back of it.

we're just talking shows now? there was a guy on one of the flip this house series that almost always wore a hawkeye hat. apparently he's from iowa and his parents live in iowa still. setting for the show is georgia i believe

in HOUSE one time one of the Docs was about to go to the Iowa Hospital and it was implied that it was quite an honor - raised eyebrows as I recall.

4 pages and no mention of "The Waterboy"?!? This thread sucks...it really really sucks....this thread sucks...it really really sucks!

One time I was watching the Super Bowl and this guy said he went to Iowa and his team won and then all the recruits wanted to go to Iowa because Iowa is the fastest route to a Super Bowl ring.

Also, there is this movie on the youtube called Hawkeye Yellow which is totally awesome.

4 pages and no mention of "The Waterboy"?!? This thread sucks...it really really sucks....this thread sucks...it really really sucks!

Sorry dude, I guess it takes that long to find someone who has a low enough IQ to watch and remember an Adam Sandler movie.

Drexell's Class (two working titles of the show were "Oh No, Not Drexell, and "Shut Up, Kids!") starred Dabney Coleman in the role of Otis Drexell, a fifth-grade teacher at fictional Grantwood Elementary School in Cedar Bluffs, Iowa. In the backstory, it was revealed Drexell was a famous corporate raider who lost a large amount of money on a failed venture, to which he dodged his taxes and was subsequently arrested. At his court case, he was told that he would get a suspended sentence on the basis he work as a teacher in the undermanned school until he pays his back taxes. Drexell is also a divorced man whose two daughters live with him. Besides the bevy of cute kids, the cast also included two antagonists, rival teacher Roscoe Davis (Dakin Matthews) and Principal Francine Itkin (Randy Graff), who was later succeeded by Principal Marylin Ridge (Edie McClurg).

Ton's of IOWA Football references we sent them stuff from the equipment room.
On episode he goes to the bar to watch iowa vs ISU

"Can't Buy Me Love"-circa late 80's.

Ronald's paid girlfriend's boyfriend comes back from "Iowa" and shames her in pretty dramatic fashion.

Wikipedia-"At a New Year's Eve party Ronald gets pretty drunk, goes into the bathroom with a girl and has sex with her. Cindy walks by and hears Ronald reciting to this girl the very poem that she (Cindy) had written. She's completely devastated, so she starts drinking heavily. Later, as a surprise Bobby (Cindy's boyfriend) shows up at the party from the University of Iowa as he still has strong ties with most of the athletes. After he learns about her relationship with Ronald through a few of the athletes, Cindy is brutally dumped in front of a lot of people. In anger and frustration she tells the party-goers the truth about her relationship with Ronald and his "cool" pretenses. She scolds her friends for falling for his act and for being "a bunch of followers"."

Fast forward to 1:08:25---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taS5VBhF7J4

"Good luck with the Hawkeyes, Bobby"--TV Interviewer

"Cindy, back here he's the star, but out there, Bobby's just another guy trying to make the team"--The Ron-Ster

Hot Friend: "Wow, that's a severe suede!"

Cindy: "Bobby sent it to me from Iowa"

Hotter Friend: "Yeah, the best suede comes from Paris, Milan...and Des Moines" (note she pronounces the "s" on Des Moines)

But of course, th best "Iowa" movie reference is This Is Spinal Tap:
"
David St Hubbins (on phone): "We've had some cancellations (names numerous towns)...and...Des Moines" (again with pronouncing the "s")
(Pause while Janine talks on other end...and...back to David)

David St Hubbins: "I don't know, I think it's in Indiana or some place"

The movie "Country" you can hear the yaba daba doo diddty thing in the back ground and Wilford Brimley says something about Fry's got it going.

The movie "The Big Chill" ste in Michigan, they were talking about Michigan, in the scene about the Wolverines big game was against Iowa.

Tom Arnold's "The Jackie Thomas Show" a short lived sit com from the early 90's. He kept an iowa helmenton the set and wore a jersey and referenced the hawkeyes a lot. Lousey show but watched it for iowa references.

Wrong on teh Big Chill, they were playing Kirk Gibson-led MSU

Latest posts