Best bball conference in America

DuffMan

The Big10 sent 9 teams to legitimate post season tournaments (6ncaa 3nit). They have yet to lose a tournament game, and will likely win at least two of three today.

That would be quite a statement.

Yes, beating the following teams automatically means you're the #1 basketball conference and makes "quite a statement":

Montana
New Mexico State
Loyola
La Salle
Dayton
Akron

The other conferences should just head home now...

I disagree, a bit, ripvdub.

If the B1G had of went something like 5-4 (or worse) in the opening rounds of the NCAA and NIT, America would have dogged the conference's 'superiority' nonstop.

Now true, it really would cement the B1G's hold on its 'best bball conference in the country for the 2011-'12 season' if it were to get 4 of its team through to the S16 (and 2 of its 3 NIT teams into its 'E8'), considering their opposition in the 3rd round (& 2nd round), but going 8-1 or 9-0 in the opening rounds is nothing to sneeze at.

The Big10 sent 9 teams to legitimate post season tournaments (6ncaa 3nit). They have yet to lose a tournament game, and will likely win at least two of three today.

That would be quite a statement.

Sorry but there is only one legit post season tournament. Legit tournaments do not allow "aggressive bids" to get teams in.

Yes, beating the following teams automatically means you're the #1 basketball conference and makes "quite a statement":

Montana
New Mexico State
Loyola
La Salle
Dayton
Akron

I love the butthurt responses from fans of other conferences. The Big Ten is so good that all 4 final 4 teams will be big ten squads.

Sorry but there is only one legit post season tournament. Legit tournaments do not allow "aggressive bids" to get teams in.

If you don't think the commite takes into account financial matters when deciding who gets into the big dance you are **** all stupid.

Texas just showed how inferior the Big 12 is as a conference compared to the rest of college bball

Agreed. Texas losing to a higher seed is an embarrassment to the Big 12. Was why I was hoping they wouldn't get in the tourney, so they could embarrass us.

Montana
New Mexico State
Loyola
La Salle
Dayton
Akron

That list ilooks a lot like B12 bowl opponents. But that never stops B12 fans from bringing up their conference bowl record.

If you don't think the commite takes into account financial matters when deciding who gets into the big dance you are **** all stupid.

That would help to explain VCU getting in last year over major conference schools. Good point DuffMan.

Agreed. Texas losing to a higher seed is an embarrassment to the Big 12. Was why I was hoping they wouldn't get in the tourney, so they could embarrass us.

Agree, if only ISU couldve won to keep them out. If you let Rick Barnes into the party he will do his best to embarrass you

no dout in my mind that b1g ten will have the ncaa and nit champions this year. all big 9 have is cheeters like drew scott and frank martin. and jokes like fred hoyberg and bill self.

Can the mountain west now go back to being a one bid league? Of the four that got in, only Alf and his lobos are still alive. (yes that really pained me to type that)

Agree, if only ISU couldve won to keep them out. If you let Rick Barnes into the party he will do his best to embarrass you

Why do you think I was so disgusted with that loss. It hurt us and it hurt the Big 12's image. You can't lose to NIT level teams like Texas twice in a year. Just ask Wisconsin

Is this supposed to be a joke? If the committe was worried about money you would see less mid majors and more bad Big 6 teams with big fanbases like Arizona and Washington. I can never tell with you, but that comment is dumb. The NCAA Tourney makes money because of the format, not the names on the jerseys. Rigging the system would change the purity of the event, and that is a fact.

Can the mountain west now go back to being a one bid league? Of the four that got in, only Alf and his lobos are still alive. (yes that really pained me to type that)

And they barely beat LBSU who's 3 time All conference player could barely play.

That list ilooks a lot like B12 bowl opponents. But that never stops B12 fans from bringing up their conference bowl record.

Your back Mike! I've missed you bud! How long did John ban you? It seemed like forever!

Chris Allen scored 20 last night. I bet that made you happy

Latest posts