State of passing game

Iceman

When you have a back leading the country in rushing, safety's and linebackers coming up yo stop it, and you still muster 62 yards passing.....it's a problem. You would think play action would work!

What just stumps me, is...
I've been consistent watcher and fam of Hakweye football since 1989. And in all their best...and even their not best

That play action has always been one of their most consistently effective plays in the toolbox.

Either coach. Just about any QB. Rose/BCS bowl or Outback bowl level, they could run that play action. And did run it. Where did it go? I mean, we see it a bit lately, but it's like they just forgot about it or something.

If we has a QB that could make things happen with his feet and was able to throw the ball farther than 15 yards and a couple wide receivers that could get open down field how good could we be? Unfortunately we dont

McNamara aint getting it done. He is a step up from Hill but then who wouldn't be. Probably a lot to do with receivers and schemes but doesn't seem to be able to throw long and isn't a threat with his feet. McNamara just isn't very good

Ohio State will load the box and Jim Brown couldn't get yards in that scenario

If we has a QB that could make things happen with his feet and was able to throw the ball farther than 15 yards and a couple wide receivers that could get open down field how good could we be? Unfortunately we dont

McNamara aint getting it done. He is a step up from Hill but then who wouldn't be. Probably a lot to do with receivers and schemes but doesn't seem to be able to throw long and isn't a threat with his feet. McNamara just isn't very good

Ohio State will load the box and Jim Brown couldn't get yards in that scenario
I think it's a combination of things
1. Non accurate QB
2. Non mobile QB
3 Routes & play calls
4 O line giving good pockets
Need to improve on all the above

At least their last half was their best half of football so far. But we are now at four one-half games. This cannot continue. At least the second halves tend to be the best ones and that is a plus. I like that we have a package for our second QB. How about a package for the third? Wide receivers are not getting open enough. Tight ends are not as much of our offense as we need them to be. There is work to do but some good signs there.

CM has a noodle arm. Not sure if he is afraid of getting hit and proper technique goes out the window when he throws the football. Or all the lower body injuries has created a situation where he can’t get any torque on the ball.

Either way, passes beyond 15 air yards aren’t pretty. If they could/can get this vertical passing game fix, this offense would be everything that we have been clamoring for.

Latest posts