Beneventi looking around

You might be the biggest troll on here you don't have a clue about recruiting or being recruited. It's disturbing at what point and how many additional QB offers would Iowa have to throw out there before you think the Beneventi kid (who before the Boyle offer was ALL IN) should become mystified by Iowa's decision to continue to recruit his position before he opens things back up? Should he just sit around when he has probably 10 other good programs knocking on his door? Just wait watch Bielema come in and swoop this kid up.

So wanting to coaches to get the players they offered is being a troll? Why don't you send a note to the coaches and let them know that they should have never offered Cook and Boyle, I'm sure they are looking for your advice as much as I am. Now go troll someone else d0uchebag.

You're an IDIOT dude the kid committed because he assumed he was going to be the QB in the recruiting class...then Ferentz decided to offer another QB Boyle. That's why the kid is opening things up NOT because he got cold feet. When you get a clue come back and talk recruiting.

When YOU get a clue, come back and post.

Get real. You REALLY think a QB has an "exclusive" in a recruiting class?

And don't forget BOYLE didn't say yes...watch us lose BOTH of them! Mark my words.

In the last ten minutes, I have seen three of your comments - all crazy negative. If you want to troll, be more discrete. Otherwise, it is really obvious that your comment is irrelevant.

In the last ten minutes, I have seen three of your comments - all crazy negative. If you want to troll, be more discrete. Otherwise, it is really obvious that your comment is irrelevant.

seepig knows nothing else but what you are seeing first hand. is and always will be a negative troll.

You're an IDIOT dude the kid committed because he assumed he was going to be the QB in the recruiting class...then Ferentz decided to offer another QB Boyle. That's why the kid is opening things up NOT because he got cold feet. When you get a clue come back and talk recruiting.

Well when our FB recruiting staff pulls their heads out and looks around it shouldn't be a mystery WHY WOULD WE START ******* OFF 4STAR RECRUITS AND OH BTW WE HAVE LIKE 8 QBS on campus now....hey KIRK go recruit some other positions!!!!!!!!!!!!

And don't forget BOYLE didn't say yes...watch us lose BOTH of them! Mark my words.

You might be the biggest troll on here you don't have a clue about recruiting or being recruited. It's disturbing at what point and how many additional QB offers would Iowa have to throw out there before you think the Beneventi kid (who before the Boyle offer was ALL IN) should become mystified by Iowa's decision to continue to recruit his position before he opens things back up? Should he just sit around when he has probably 10 other good programs knocking on his door? Just wait watch Bielema come in and swoop this kid up.

I had to BUMP this brilliant recruiting analysis here.

Beneventi just got a * taken away, and Boyle gained a *. So now Beneventi is the 2* prospect and Boyle is the 3* kid. I wonder if Iowa ends up pulling Beneventi scholly offer, he has had a pretty disappointing Sr. season so far.

Beneventi just got a * taken away, and Boyle gained a *. So now Beneventi is the 2* prospect and Boyle is the 3* kid. I wonder if Iowa ends up pulling Beneventi scholly offer, he has had a pretty disappointing Sr. season so far.

I've watched Boyle play his last couple of games and admittedly those were the first times I'd seen him in action. He's impressive.

I've watched Boyle play his last couple of games and admittedly those were the first times I'd seen him in action. He's impressive.

When he was a Fr. I had a buddy who did some coaching at Dowling and said he was gonna be a stud. I think the coaches want him a QB, as he is a very good looking QB prospect. He's got a good arm, and can scramble, and throw on the run. I would not be surprised if Beneventi doesn't end up coming to Iowa. We had Weigers in last class, Boyle in this one, and Stanley in the '16 class.

Pulling his scholarship would be very un-Ferentzian. Keep in mind that Beneventi transferred to a new school and new offensive system this year and dealt with some family issues off the field as well. That doesn't fully excuse his play, which has been pretty bad, but I think the physical tools that were there six months ago (size, arm strength) are still there.

Pulling his scholarship would be very un-Ferentzian. Keep in mind that Beneventi transferred to a new school and new offensive system this year and dealt with some family issues off the field as well. That doesn't fully excuse his play, which has been pretty bad, but I think the physical tools that were there six months ago (size, arm strength) are still there.

Kid needs some consistency in his life going forward. Red Shirt season at Iowa could help with that.

I said it before the highschool season even started.. switching high schools your senior year seems like a huge deal. Especially as a star football player.

When he was a Fr. I had a buddy who did some coaching at Dowling and said he was gonna be a stud. I think the coaches want him a QB, as he is a very good looking QB prospect. He's got a good arm, and can scramble, and throw on the run. I would not be surprised if Beneventi doesn't end up coming to Iowa. We had Weigers in last class, Boyle in this one, and Stanley in the '16 class.

He's been the most dominant in the games I've watched by scrambling, but that's only because it's clear he's the best athlete on the field and it always seems to be open for him to run. When he has thrown it definitely looks like he's tossing a nice ball. I hope he stays at QB for the Hawks. It's been awhile since Iowa has had an athlete like Boyle at QB.

Iowa high schools have always produced top drawer QB talent for the program in IC. Let's see, I think Randy Duncan might be the most recent.

Well, not for the Hawks, but (off the top of my head):
- Kurt Warner (UNI) went to Cedar Rapids Regis HS (played one year at Burlington HS).
- Kyle Orton (Purdue) went to Southeast Polk HS.
- TJ Rubley (Tulsa) went to Davenport West HS.
- Sage Rosenfels (ISU) went to Maquoketa HS.
All made it to the league. All were both top flight college quarterbacks, starting multiple years for their team.

I know an assistant coach that has coached against Boyle the last few years. He thinks he's a good HS qb and ok athlete. But he's on such a good team that it props him up. He's not sold that he'll be a difference maker at the next level. He's got the physical ability clearly he's not a statue. I think he's got way more potential then say Rudock did at same point. Rudock was in a pass happy O with like 3 D1 WRs to toss it to. I think more of Boyle then the coach I know. He just thinks he's never been tested or had to throw the ball to win a game... So we'll see.

As far as Benneventi goes I'd prefer he look else where. I think 2 qbs this class is plenty and I like Cook alot. That kid is a stud athlete and when he fills out some more look out. He's already a stud on the hardwood. I think it'd be in Benneventis best interest as well instead of being burried on the bench for a few years then transfering if he would stay that long. He's got MAC written all over him..

Latest posts