Beneventi looking around

Cook committing might explain some things here. Sounds like Cook had the offer for some time now, and was probably a silent commit, which I'm sure Beneventi was aware of. So I'm guessing he either started poking around at other schools, so Iowa offered Boyle, or Iowa offered Boyle and Beneventi started looking at other schools.

I wouldn't mind a combo of Cook/Boyle instead of Beneventi if that comes to happen. Let those two battle it out for QB and the other can contribute at another position.

Say what?

Cook said that he wants to start out trying to be a QB so I can see why Beneventi is looking around. Doesn't make much sense to me to have a four star QB committed and actively recruiting players for Iowa and then offer a two star QB recruit and a QB recruit who isn't even rated. Seems like both would be better at other positions. Not only that but they could have held off on offering both of these kids.

You can't let one kid dictate who you recruit. If he is so insecure that Iowa offering other HS QB's but at different positions scares him, well he has to do what he has to do. Iowa can't just recruit kids that Beneventi approves of.

Say what?

I guess I should say, that if Beneventi doesn't want to come to Iowa, then I am glad that we would have other options if needed. I of course want Beneventi as well as Boyle and Cook, as the coaches have targeted all 3 very early in the recruiting process.

I guess I should say, that if Beneventi doesn't want to come to Iowa, then I am glad that we would have other options if needed. I of course want Beneventi as well as Boyle and Cook, as the coaches have targeted all 3 very early in the recruiting process.

Ok. That makes sense.

According to this article, the offer to Boyle is exactly why he re-opened his recruiting. I really hope we can keep him. Be pretty disappointing to lose him b/c of an offer to a kid who might not even see the field as a QB. Losing our top recruit(s) is starting to become a disturbing trend.

Analyst: Cook could make a good college QB | Hawk Central

"Beneventi committed to Iowa in December but is now exploring other options, he told HawkeyeInsider.com in response to Iowa recently offering a scholarship to West Des Moines Dowling Catholic junior quarterback Ryan Boyle. Boyle didn’t commit to Iowa, but his offer was enough to cause Beneventi to re-open his recruitment."

Oh that's great, another pre-madonna perhaps....I just don't get it....you commit to Iowa (best thing since sliced bread), and now you're opening things up? WTF is going on w/these damn kids nowadays

You're an IDIOT dude the kid committed because he assumed he was going to be the QB in the recruiting class...then Ferentz decided to offer another QB Boyle. That's why the kid is opening things up NOT because he got cold feet. When you get a clue come back and talk recruiting.

According to this article, the offer to Boyle is exactly why he re-opened his recruiting. I really hope we can keep him. Be pretty disappointing to lose him b/c of an offer to a kid who might not even see the field as a QB. Losing our top recruit(s) is starting to become a disturbing trend.

Analyst: Cook could make a good college QB | Hawk Central

"Beneventi committed to Iowa in December but is now exploring other options, he told HawkeyeInsider.com in response to Iowa recently offering a scholarship to West Des Moines Dowling Catholic junior quarterback Ryan Boyle. Boyle didn’t commit to Iowa, but his offer was enough to cause Beneventi to re-open his recruitment."

Well when our FB recruiting staff pulls their heads out and looks around it shouldn't be a mystery WHY WOULD WE START ******* OFF 4STAR RECRUITS AND OH BTW WE HAVE LIKE 8 QBS on campus now....hey KIRK go recruit some other positions!!!!!!!!!!!!

You might be the biggest troll on here you don't have a clue about recruiting or being recruited. It's disturbing at what point and how many additional QB offers would Iowa have to throw out there before you think the Beneventi kid (who before the Boyle offer was ALL IN) should become mystified by Iowa's decision to continue to recruit his position before he opens things back up? Should he just sit around when he has probably 10 other good programs knocking on his door? Just wait watch Bielema come in and swoop this kid up.

This thread makes me realize why I no longer follow the exploits of a 17 year-old kid ... Until he signs the dotted line nobody knows what will happen. Unfortunately, that is the name of the game now in college football... Social media ... coaches who are relentless in recruiting ... A verbal means absolutely nothing ...

Iowa high schools have always produced top drawer QB talent for the program in IC. Let's see, I think Randy Duncan might be the most recent.

Sounds like he was looking for a reason. I'm sure he could, and has talked to staff. I believe this had more to do with texas and a little of louisville, than it had to do with Boyle. I don't think Jack lacks in confidence. There is intrigue with another program, or or another problem that lies unseen to fans and/or coaches.

Latest posts