Beneventi looking around

Oh that's great, another pre-madonna perhaps....I just don't get it....you commit to Iowa (best thing since sliced bread), and now you're opening things up? WTF is going on w/these damn kids nowadays

He was offered by Texas and louisville. He will also camp at texas in June. A little worrisome, but this is not his first taste of being recruited by bigger programs than iowa. He was a big ND target. Still tweeting positive things about iowa

He was offered by Texas and louisville. He will also camp at texas in June. A little worrisome, but this is not his first taste of being recruited by bigger programs than iowa. He was a big ND target. Still tweeting positive things about iowa

FWIW, I think I saw that other programs are going hard after the kid that DID commit to ND (thus ND losing interest in him) as well.

It's early, folks.

They aren't Hawkeyes until they sign.. and that's a year away.

Not surprising, but that's got to be a record for a decommit (which is what this effectively is)

I was surprised when Iowa offered Boyle...and I think Jack was, too
Hopefully that is not the reason. Hope the staff can tell him why they did it. Assuming Boyle was offered as a Safety or athlete. If not then the staff must have a reason for recruiting Boyle at QB. Maybe they think he is better. Though I would hate to lose Beneventi, at least it is early, and I hope he is only looking around because he got an offer he wasn't expecting, not because Iowa offered someone he was not expecting them too.

Well, we signed Wiegers after Beneventi committed and that didn't seem to phase him and Wiegers is rated as a better prospect at QB than Boyle. My take is he got a Texas offer and realized that more doors may be opening and before he decides he wants to look around. I doubt it has much to do with Boyle. I am still hoping the Hawks offer Cook from Regina and get him going at another position. Need to keep those legacy recruits.

I thought I read somewhere that Iowa was going after Boyle for a safety prospect, not a QB but I might be wrong (what's new).

I was surprised when Iowa offered Boyle...and I think Jack was, too

i assume you have read the article out there on scout or whatever service had the article. your assumption was mine too. my 2nd assumption is that iowa would be good at communicating to a recruit their intentions. i.e. we are or are not going to recruit another qb....he sees them offer boyle.....and thinks....that's not what i was told. who knows what they are telling boyle about position they are recruiting him for. we all know ferentz likes qbs on his team per their leadership skills. and one would also assume that if they told beneventi they were only recruiting 1 qb to play qb they meant it and perhaps they are recruiting boyle for another position.....

wow, that was longer than i anticipated! :) hopefully the above is understandable.

Cook committing might explain some things here. Sounds like Cook had the offer for some time now, and was probably a silent commit, which I'm sure Beneventi was aware of. So I'm guessing he either started poking around at other schools, so Iowa offered Boyle, or Iowa offered Boyle and Beneventi started looking at other schools.

I wouldn't mind a combo of Cook/Boyle instead of Beneventi if that comes to happen. Let those two battle it out for QB and the other can contribute at another position.

Cook said that he wants to start out trying to be a QB so I can see why Beneventi is looking around. Doesn't make much sense to me to have a four star QB committed and actively recruiting players for Iowa and then offer a two star QB recruit and a QB recruit who isn't even rated. Seems like both would be better at other positions. Not only that but they could have held off on offering both of these kids.

Latest posts