Bench Mabin for Jackson

He sure was getting picked on.. That WR and QB aren't bad though... Not so sure Jackson would have fared a whole lot better. The D overall sure left a lot to be desired out there. Besides the TOs they sure let them march up and down the field. Kudos to them in taking what was given to them but man I would have liked to see Iowa dominate alittle more than that.

He sure was getting picked on.. That WR and QB aren't bad though... Not so sure Jackson would have fared a whole lot better. The D overall sure left a lot to be desired out there. Besides the TOs they sure let them march up and down the field. Kudos to them in taking what was given to them but man I would have liked to see Iowa dominate alittle more than that.

They're certainly not Jerry Rice and Joe Montana as Mabin made them appear. It's so aggravating watching Iowa's D make mediocre players look all world when they play us. 2 yr starter shouldn't be getting toasted nearly every play against Miami of Ohio. Lazard has to absolutely licking his chops.

Well executed back shoulder throws against man coverage are almost impossible to cover. Ask any NFL corner. I was surprised we played so much man. On one TD pass, they gave the QB way too much time and you can only chase a receiver around the endzone so long. The other TD pass was a blown coverage. It was a typical 'smash route' and either Mabin should have been 'sinking' a lot deeper in the flat or Snyder was late getting over the top. Couldn't tell what coverage they were in from the limited view on TV, but I don't think they were in man. Some of you love to exaggerate and place blame, sure he needs to get his head around faster, but sometimes plays are just well executed. No need to panick or get carried away. And I have no idea why Bowers needs to sit?

Well executed back shoulder throws against man coverage are almost impossible to cover. Ask any NFL corner. I was surprised we played so much man. On one TD pass, they gave the QB way too much time and you can only chase a receiver around the endzone so long. The other TD pass was a blown coverage. It was a typical 'smash route' and either Mabin should have been 'sinking' a lot deeper in the flat or Snyder was late getting over the top. Couldn't tell what coverage they were in from the limited view on TV, but I don't think they were in man. Some of you love to exaggerate and place blame, sure he needs to get his head around faster, but sometimes plays are just well executed. No need to panick or get carried away. And I have no idea why Bowers needs to sit?
Bowers was out of position,went for every fake, slow to react.....he looked like he was sleeping. He has not improved.

Bowers was out of position,went for every fake, slow to react.....he looked like he was sleeping. He has not improved.
Out of position? He didn't know where to line up? What game did you watch? He missed on one play that I noticed, but played a solid game. Did you see King whiff TWICE? Should we bench him??? We win a football game and all anyone on here does is bitch and criticize, etc... Amazing.

Out of position? He didn't know where to line up? What game did you watch? He missed on one play that I noticed, but played a solid game. Did you see King whiff TWICE? Should we bench him??? We win a football game and all anyone on here does is bitch and criticize, etc... Amazing.

Hawkeye Gamefilm commented on Twitter that Bower was not having a good game..

and I'm not defending any position cause I didn't watch Bower..I just really respect Hawkeye Gamefilm

They're certainly not Jerry Rice and Joe Montana as Mabin made them appear. It's so aggravating watching Iowa's D make mediocre players look all world when they play us. 2 yr starter shouldn't be getting toasted nearly every play against Miami of Ohio. Lazard has to absolutely licking his chops.[/QUOTE]

Probably not. Game in IC, and he's no tearing if up against UNI..

I did key on Bower. I was really hoping that he had improved. This is not personal, or nitpicky. Maybe, this is the effect of losing Coach Reed.

Hey dumbass, people can disagree with you. If you knew half of what you thought you knew, maybe some people on this forum would show you some respect.

From his Twitter header:

Former college DB. Football researcher. I do X&Os, film, data, & coding. Former NFL Team Employee. Consultant for NCAA & NFL teams
Very few people know who he actually is..Jon Miller is one..I learn from reading him

Bench him for anybody. Fleming never looked that bad last year.
He did struggle a little, but I only give him half the blame. The d-line was not getting a lot of pressure on some of those drives. It's hard for any CB to cover a receiver for more then 4-5 seconds.

Latest posts