Below average OC until Kirk retires?

Scott Leclair

An new OC is going to happen at seasons end. I think Iowa needs to spend whatever it takes to make a huge splash getting an OC. Knowing he could possibly be Iowa next head coach. Does Kirk squash that and get some no name OC or do they go freakin crazy and get a damn stud OC?.?.

An new OC is going to happen at seasons end. I think Iowa needs to spend whatever it takes to make a huge splash getting an OC. Knowing he could possibly be Iowa next head coach. Does Kirk squash that and get some no name OC or do they go freakin crazy and get a damn stud OC?.?.

The answer is it's highly likely he'll hire someone who is as plain as him.

All of this offensive mess is on KF's shoulders. He wants someone who is plain and boring and who doesn't often take big chances. KF likes a safe offense and he's become more conservative as he's gotten older and the game of football offensively has progressed. Not a good mix.

It’s funny that anyone thinks Iowa offensive coordinators have been anything but a scapegoats for Kirk. This is kirks offense very much controlled by him. This is the first couple of years that the oline has been terrible.

A new OC is going to happen at seasons end. I think Iowa needs to spend whatever it takes to make a huge splash getting an OC. Knowing he could possibly be Iowa next head coach. Does Kirk squash that and get some no name OC or do they go freakin crazy and get a damn stud OC?.?.
If Twenty-five years hasn’t answered this question for you then I just don’t know what to say.

If Kirk is the head coach he will go with somebody he knows who runs the offense he wants. So probably

1). Jon Butamayr
2). Tim Polasek
3). Paul Chryst

I'd like to see Joe Philbin considered, he's currently an offense analyst with OSU. He specializes in O Line which definitely needs help but not a lot of play calling experience.

I'd like to see Joe Philbin considered, he's currently an offense analyst with OSU. He specializes in O Line which definitely needs help but not a lot of play calling experience.
How about Philbin as o-line/o-coordinator, ditch Barnett and hire a QB Coach/playcaller

I feel like Tim Polasek was kind of forced out of the program for kind of being a hot headed douche canoe? Or am I thinking of someone else?

I feel like Tim Polasek was kind of forced out of the program for kind of being a hot headed douche canoe? Or am I thinking of someone else?

never heard that, but wasn't a fan of his. I know this...the OLine that came in under his watch are the ones we have now. and woof

never heard that, but wasn't a fan of his. I know this...the OLine that came in under his watch are the ones we have now. and woof
I know we had a coach that was known for displaying some uggliness on the sidelines and really got into the players in an extreme and animated fashion on the sidelines.... so much so that it was rumored to turn off a lot of players and fans who witnessed it. I "thought" that was Tim Polasek, but I could be thinking of someone else.

I say we bring in Kevin Gilbride, Sr. and see if KF tries to punch him when he throws the ball with a 2-score lead in the second half.

I know we had a coach that was known for displaying some uggliness on the sidelines and really got into the players in an extreme and animated fashion on the sidelines.... so much so that it was rumored to turn off a lot of players and fans who witnessed it. I "thought" that was Tim Polasek, but I could be thinking of someone else.

I commonly pass by the practice field on my way into work, and he definitely worked blue.

you might be thinking of the guy on DLine thta went to Nebraska and was arrested a few seasons later. forgot his name

I have no confidence that Kirk will hire anyone with any sort of youth or any ingenuity, that said, Paul Chryst would be a home run imo

You may be thinking of a former d-line coach, Rick Kaczenski. He went on to Neb, lost his job there and was charged with domestic assault.

https://www.thegazette.com/iowa-haw...zenski-is-nebraskas-new-defensive-line-coach/

Latest posts