Being at the game can be soooooo annoying...

I prefer to stand up along the wall in le north endzone, under teh water tower. I don't hear as much idiotic commentary and it's a decent view. Plus, if someone does chirp a lot, you can just walk away from them and stake out another spot on the wall.
I block no one's line of sight, and no one blocks mine.

Thereby sparing you from a case of painful and debilitating basal cell carcinoma. You're welcome.

Does anyone remember the end of the Hayden years? I used to go with my dad, but he couldn't take it anymore. I finally started going once a year with him again, and he seems to be able to tolorate the crowd the past few years.

2 minutes into the game there was a passed out drunk that had to be removed from my section. 2nd quarter, another one in the next section over.

The things that people are posting on here happen at literally every game in D1 football. All fanbases have their armchair quarterbacks and belligerent drunks. It is hardly just an Iowa problem. I agree it's annoying, but some geniuses on here (like HawkForce) seem to think it's just Hawk fans. It sounds like a lot of you just shouldn't attend a D1 football game regardless of the stadium.

there is a playstation head coach in every row and its the worst when they sit within 5 seats of each other because of course they have the answers!

the worst is the guy who stands way in front of his seat and crowds over your area...this doesn't happen to me but the playstation coach does it to a lady right in front of me and i feel horrible for her im annoyed and im a row behind them

I hate when our entire crowd starts yelling at the officials, and student section chants "Bull-Spit" when it's obvious that the Iowa guy committed the foul or it was a good call on the review. Our fans have to be top 10 dumbest in the nation.

LIER! they have never yelled "bull-spit"!

Don't get me wrong, I love my Iowa Hawkeyes. I have always enjoyed sitting in Kinnick on a beautiful fall Saturday surrounded by 70,000+ Hawkeye fans. However, over the last couple of years, the people around me in the section I have my season tickets in have made my experience very annoying and un-enjoyable. I constantly hear people bickering and acting like they've had about 30 years of head coaching / coordinator experience and continuously rip the players. This does not only occur when losing, but while we have a lead in the game. Has anyone else's Kinnick experience gone down over the last few years due to fans audibly stating how terrible every single play is and what they would have done differently, whether they were on the field or calling the plays?

Have been a season ticket holder for 8 years. I think the OP brings up an interesting topic and one I was just discussing with a friend the other day. Yes, Iowa football is not riding high like it was three seasons ago. That being said, for the first time I have been considering of this being my final year of season tickets. Not because of the product on the field, but honestly I am just sort of tiring of the people around me. Because our season tickets did not move this year, I have the same guy who shows up a little late and then continues the entire game with his idiotic, beer-induced comments. He is just one contributing factor. Or the guy behind me who keeps a knee in my back the entire game ... Or the people next to me who get up 12 times in a game ...

For the first time I am honestly asking wouldn't it just be easier to watch this from home and do away with the idiots around me? Every fan base has its idiots, right? it is human nature -- idiots in every bunch ... But on gameday there seems to be a few more than normal and that honestly does sort of take away from the fun of enjoying a game at Kinnick ...

It began in 2010. 7-5 (a dropped Indiana TD pass away from 6-6) with 12 guys on the roster that would either camp or actually play in the NFL. Hard to believe.

Totally agree. That was the massive disappointment. If the hawks had done really well that year, fans could "take" a couple of years of rebuilding.

I went to the Tucson, Evanston, and Minneapolis road games that year. Brutal.

Have been a season ticket holder for 8 years. I think the OP brings up an interesting topic and one I was just discussing with a friend the other day. Yes, Iowa football is not riding high like it was three seasons ago. That being said, for the first time I have been considering of this being my final year of season tickets. Not because of the product on the field, but honestly I am just sort of tiring of the people around me. Because our season tickets did not move this year, I have the same guy who shows up a little late and then continues the entire game with his idiotic, beer-induced comments. He is just one contributing factor. Or the guy behind me who keeps a knee in my back the entire game ... Or the people next to me who get up 12 times in a game ...

For the first time I am honestly asking wouldn't it just be easier to watch this from home and do away with the idiots around me? Every fan base has its idiots, right? it is human nature -- idiots in every bunch ... But on gameday there seems to be a few more than normal and that honestly does sort of take away from the fun of enjoying a game at Kinnick ...

Shelve the season tix, buy yourself the 90" Sharp Aquos with the money earmarked for the season tix, then pick a single game that really interests you and splash out some coin for some really sweet tix. Best of both worlds Hannah Montana.

Shelve the season tix, buy yourself the 90" Sharp Aquos with the money earmarked for the season tix, then pick a single game that really interests you and splash out some coin for some really sweet tix. Best of both worlds Hannah Montana.

I'd like to go to that party in the USA.

Latest posts