Being at the game can be soooooo annoying...

Thatll happen when you get three straight years of bad football.

Really?

2009: Won first 9 games of the season before RS goes down with injury against NW. We lose at OSU in OT with JVB in his first start. Go to BCS Bowl (Orange) and dominate Georgia Tech.

2010: Disappointing after lofty expectations but we lost several close games and finished 8-5 after beating a good Missouri team in the Insight Bowl. Wouldn't call it a "bad" season. Just didn't live up to expectations.

2011: Finished 7-6. JVB's first year starting at QB and AIRBHG struck with a vengeance before during and after the regular season. Again, disappointing but not what I would consider a "bad" season. However, I will concede 2011 as a "bad" season for the sake of argument.

2012: Only 25% of the season in the books so it is incomplete at this point. First two games were shaky but showed a lot of improvement last week. Way too early to consider this a bad season yet. Let's see how it plays out.

Go Hawks!

Really?

2009: Won first 9 games of the season before RS goes down with injury against NW. We lose at OSU in OT with JVB in his first start. Go to BCS Bowl (Orange) and dominate Georgia Tech.

2010: Disappointing after lofty expectations but we lost several close games and finished 8-5 after beating a good Missouri team in the Insight Bowl. Wouldn't call it a "bad" season. Just didn't live up to expectations.

2011: Finished 7-6. JVB's first year starting at QB and AIRBHG struck with a vengeance before during and after the regular season. Again, disappointing but not what I would consider a "bad" season. However, I will concede 2011 as a "bad" season for the sake of argument.

2012: Only 25% of the season in the books so it is incomplete at this point. First two games were shaky but showed a lot of improvement last week. Way too early to consider this a bad season yet. Let's see how it plays out.

Go Hawks!

If you dont count 2010 and 2011 as bad seasons than you are a loser(Not just because of the amount of wins but the way they played as if they wanted to lose. Back to back losses to Minny....give me a break pal). You know who would agree with you that those are good seasons?........ISU. Even though ISU is taking care of KF Id rather not grade the team on an ISU scale.

If you dont count 2010 and 2011 as bad seasons than you are a loser(Not just because of the amount of wins but the way they played as if they wanted to lose. Back to back losses to Minny....give me a break pal). You know who would agree with you that those are good seasons?........ISU. Even though ISU is taking care of KF Id rather not grade the team on an ISU scale.

You sound hurt. Hurt in your butt.

hawktransplant:
It is amazing how fans get upset. The hawks are 2-1 this year with the loss being a close one.

So if your teenager pulled into the driveway with the car beat up, out of gas and bumped into the garage...you'd say "Hey, you made it home...so no worries". There's seeing the bright side....and then there's closing your eyes.

Sort of how I see it......

Fans are supposed to support their team.....

:)

Criticism does not = lack of support. I'd suggest quite the opposite...people support this program big time, that's why they expect excellence out of our coaching staff. And we haven't seen it in a couple of years. To make matters worse...the patterns of "incompetence" are so clear it's hard to ignore.

Don't get me wrong, I love my Iowa Hawkeyes. I have always enjoyed sitting in Kinnick on a beautiful fall Saturday surrounded by 70,000+ Hawkeye fans. However, over the last couple of years, the people around me in the section I have my season tickets in have made my experience very annoying and un-enjoyable. I constantly hear people bickering and acting like they've had about 30 years of head coaching / coordinator experience and continuously rip the players. This does not only occur when losing, but while we have a lead in the game. Has anyone else's Kinnick experience gone down over the last few years due to fans audibly stating how terrible every single play is and what they would have done differently, whether they were on the field or calling the plays?

Yup.
Drunks everwhere. (they also have to pee every ten minutes) that gets old in a hurry.
Much easier and enjoyable to watch at home.

Shelve the season tix, buy yourself the 90" Sharp Aquos with the money earmarked for the season tix, then pick a single game that really interests you and splash out some coin for some really sweet tix. Best of both worlds Hannah Montana.

This is exactly what I do. Sure, I live far away from Iowa, but even if I was close I'd prefer to watch le Hokks on my own TV.
Saisons tackets are overrated.

hawktransplant:
It is amazing how fans get upset. The hawks are 2-1 this year with the loss being a close one.

So if your teenager pulled into the driveway with the car beat up, out of gas and bumped into the garage...you'd say "Hey, you made it home...so no worries". There's seeing the bright side....and then there's closing your eyes.

Criticism does not = lack of support. I'd suggest quite the opposite...people support this program big time, that's why they expect excellence out of our coaching staff. And we haven't seen it in a couple of years. To make matters worse...the patterns of "incompetence" are so clear it's hard to ignore.

Thank You!! Anyone having a tough time with those that complain at a game at Kinnick, better get some damn ear plugs. I've been attending games for 30 years and this is the norm then and now, nothing has changed. Absolutely nothing.

I saw one poster say he requested different seats this year. Good luck with that.. It will take take you 70,000+ years to find out the seat don't matter.. :)

Last edited:
One of my favorites.

Lady from 3 rows back yells "You suck Stanzi. Im so glad youre a senior. I can believe that we had to watch you for three years!!!!!!"

Then a couple people put her in her place and I thought she was going to cry. I was very laffy.

One of my favorites.

Lady from 3 rows back yells "You suck Stanzi. Im so glad youre a senior. I can believe that we had to watch you for three years!!!!!!"

Then a couple people put her in her place and I thought she was going to cry. I was very laffy.

Except that you don't go to games because you are a prole and you live in meatchicken.

Except that you don't go to games because you are a prole and you live in meatchicken.

Ya know I have season tickets but this year and last year Ive been really busy with le work. Ive been giving my tickets to family.
Not sure what I want to do this year as I have some hunting trips planned. I did a three year stretch of going to every home game(thats a lot of trips to and from meeeeshegan).

Ya know I have season tickets but this year and last year Ive been really busy with le work. Ive been giving my tickets to family.
Not sure what I want to do this year as I have some hunting trips planned. I did a three year stretch of going to every home game(thats a lot of trips to and from meeeeshegan).

I'd take one of your penn state tickets, if you're not planning to attend that one and/or have an extra.

I'd take one of your penn state tickets, if you're not planning to attend that one and/or have an extra.

I suggest you get two. Not, um, making a weight joke or anything, but the seats are pretty narrow and you can use the second one to crush beers out in the parking lot at halftime. It's called a "drinkin' ticket."

I suggest you get two. Not, um, making a weight joke or anything, but the seats are pretty narrow and you can use the second one to crush beers out in the parking lot at halftime. It's called a "drinkin' ticket."

I stand along the wall, so le seat size makes no nevermind to me, but your point about the 2nd ducat is solid.
Hey OoTH, let's make a deal.

I can't stand it when the Golden Girl drops her ******* baton....
Ohhhhh that grinds my gears.
Who does she think she represents here?

I went to a game when I was in high school and talked about Brett Favre every play for some reason. It annoyed the people around me. If 2012 me was sitting next to me from the early 2000's, I probably would have punched me in the face because that would have been really annoying.

Latest posts