Beef O'Brady's Bowl..Lou Holtz..wow...

PawkHawk1

He's doing color, or something...I'm not sure why, or what, he's doing.

The game is tied 21-21 with a few seconds left in the 3rd quarter, and Lou says that Southern Miss is taking it into overtime.."not a good idea". He has no clue that it's the end of the 3rd qtr, not end of game. The announcer, Mark May, quickly throws in an "end of 3rd qtr" comment, sort of reminding Lou. Funny stuff.

But then Southern Miss decides to go for it on 4th and 1, and Lou says, confidently, "Hey, ifsh you're gonna goth forsh it on 4sh and 1, then yousth should goth forsh it on 3rd and 1 too.

? huh?

This is good tv. I'm having a blast listening to him. Fruit cake; just in time for Christmas!

Last edited by a moderator:

The game is tied 21-21 with a few seconds left in the 3rd quarter, and Lou says that Southern Miss is taking it into overtime.."not a good idea". He has no clue that it's the end of the 3rd qtr, not end of game. The other announcer quickly throws in an end of 3rd qtr comment, sort of reminding Lou. Funny stuff.

But then Southern Miss decides to go for it on 4th and 1, and Lou says, confidently, "Hey, ifsh you're gonna goth forsh it on 4sh and 1, then yousth should goth forsh it on 3rd and 1 too.

? huh?

This is good tv. I'm having a blast listening to him. Fruit cake; just in time for Christmas!

I just tuned in. Wish I would have heard that exchange.

dang, I just realized I have Ole Miss in our bowl office pool, but L'ville was -3.5 so I need the D to shut them out here!

Lou just said after a Louisville penalty, a 5 yarder, that instead of 3rd and 1 it is now 3rd and 7. WTF. nice math Lou.

The game is tied 21-21 with a few seconds left in the 3rd quarter, and Lou says that Southern Miss is taking it into overtime.."not a good idea". He has no clue that it's the end of the 3rd qtr, not end of game. The announcer, Mark May, quickly throws in an "end of 3rd qtr" comment, sort of reminding Lou. Funny stuff.

? huh?

You must have turned it on just as this was being said, because it didn't quite happen like you said, Holtz has lost it, I won't argue that, but to be fair to him Mark May said something about Southern Miss should go for it on 4th down because they didn't come here for a tie and Holtz said it couldn't be a tie because of this thing called overtime now. Mark May mad himself look just as dumb about the game being a tie when the game was in the 3rd quarter. So May was the one that brought up overtime in the 3rd quarter, not Holtz.

Latest posts