BASEBALL!

Iowa has taken 2 of 3 from teams ahead of them in the standings and with +500 overall.

They have lost 2 of 3 against teams below them in the standings and very subpar teams NW and Rutgers.

Have been a wildly inconsistent team.

Went from 3rd place before Saturday's game to 7th place with lower teams holding tie-breakers for the 8 team conference tournament.

2 things I didn't realize about Big Ten baseball...

- You only play 8 teams in your conference during the regular conference season. So there are 3 teams you don't even play? Looks like currently Minnesota, Maryland and Michigan are the top 3 teams in the big ten, and Iowa doesn't even get a 3 game series against any of them. Kinda odd

- Wisconsin doesn't have a baseball team?

No Wisconsin doesn't have a team. I work up there with a lot of high school coaches and I know they are trying to get a petition going last I knew to get the U to form a team again.

No Wisconsin doesn't have a team. I work up there with a lot of high school coaches and I know they are trying to get a petition going last I knew to get the U to form a team again.

Is it a title 9 thing? I assume if they bring back baseball theyd have to start up a women's sport too?

Is it a title 9 thing? I assume if they bring back baseball theyd have to start up a women's sport too?

I believe you are correct yes. Seems like maybe UW Milwaukee or one of those kind of schools is the only D1 program up there.

With the sweep over Penn State, iowa sits in 3rd place with *easy* series left against msu, osu, and Illinois.

The illini did just take the stores over Minnesota.

Another Series Win for the Hawks! This team is mashing and fun to watch. Having a really nice season despite some key pitching injuries.

Would be so nice to see what this team could do in the postseason if they had some of their injured pitching healthy too. Fun team to watch, Heller deserves a raise and extension.

that was a hell of a pitching performance. Iowa got in trouble almost every single inning and managed to come out without giving up a run.

Latest posts