Basabe

I'm not seeing this great athleticism that people are speaking of. I don't see Basabe jumping out of the gym. Granted he runs the floor well and he has long arms but I don't see him as a speedster or a great jumper. I don't see him being close to athletic as anybody on that Laker roster. I think he will be a great contributer for the Hawks but I don't think he gets a sniff at the NBA after all 4 years.

I completely agree with this. I think Iowa fans think he is a great athlete due to the lack of athleticism that Lick brought in before him.

and the more open minded fans see more than those tunnel vision people do, he has 3 more years of developing, this is not a Lick recruit and is not being coached by Lick, this not a bunch of division 3 coaches put together by Lick nor is it a staff with daddy and a bunch of buddies put together by a coach that was still in on the job training mode, so until we see the final product stay tuned and watch

An NBA player's dunking peak is not during his late 20s and early 30s. No idea where you came up with that...

NBA player's dunking peaks in his early 30's? Where do you get that? It's probably his early 20's and they usually peak as a player in terms of skills+athleticism in their late 20's.

And people laugh at me when I say that Basabe will take a long and hard look at the NBA (and the NBA will be looking long and hard at him) after his Jr season.

If he develops a marginally effective jump shot from 15, and an adequate back the the basket game from the block by the time his JR season rolls around he gone.

Just wanted to bump this thread since Duff's earlier thread got closed.

So Duff, in your expert NBA opinion, does Basbabe go higher or lower in the draft than Zeller?

I love Basabe but for the love of God catch the ball in the post. There have been way too many passes come his way that hit his hands and goes out of bounds.

And people laugh at me when I say that Basabe will take a long and hard look at the NBA (and the NBA will be looking long and hard at him) after his Jr season.

If he develops a marginally effective jump shot from 15, and an adequate back the the basket game from the block by the time his JR season rolls around he gone.

The passes Basabe receives to the post which do not happen often enough are often very I'll timed off balanced players passes at the wrong time. He already Calvin Johnson's the passes he converts or has to create his own shot. This happens because Hawks can't feed post. Ask Basabe Ask Woody Ask Olessni

Latest posts