Basabe tabbed as B1G 2nd teamer

How is he anyway comparable to Terrance Williams? Williams was an extremely good ball handler and passer in college, Basabe is obviously neither of those things. He's a very good, garbage player on offense, not a guy you can run your offense through.

If you want to make a comparison for Basabe I would say he's a poor man's Hakim Warrick or Stromile Swift.

Warrick and Swift are much longer than Basabe. My comparison to Williams is in regard to what he can be if he moves to the three. He obviously has no future at the 4 in the NBA.

Warrick and Swift are much longer than Basabe. My comparison to Williams is in regard to what he can be if he moves to the three. He obviously has no future at the 4 in the NBA.

This is just stupid smoot. The kid is nowhere near done developing. He was 18 ******* years old last year. Fran said yesterday that he played last year around 212 and that his current weight is 234 pounds. I wouldn't be suprised if he's taller than the 6-7 listed. He was listed as 6-7 as a 17 year old senior. Most guys continue to grow into their late teens/early 20s.

That's still a terrible comparison. Basabe is incredibly long too, Warrick is only 6'8-6'9 and both players were incredibly raw coming into college. Williams ran the point some times at L'ville. Both Warrick, early in college, and Swift lived off of garbage points on offense like Basabe does. Williams had more than one triple-double in college. Did Basabe even had 10 assists all of last year? Yeah if Basabe suddenly learns how to handle the ball and pass maybe he will be like Williams, but that's like saying if he learns to shoot the 3 he can become Dorell Wright.

Every draft profile lists Milsap as 6'7, find me one place where Basabe is not listed as 6'7? Keep trying to dig your way out of this hole.

O your right... Lets look at data that is 2-3 years old. Lord knows 18 year olds don't grow. Good point

Milsap is much thicker than Basabe and it's not even close.

1315837886.jpg

'

Yeah that's a real accurate comparison.

blair.jpg

Even closer :rolleyes:

Milsap is much thicker than Basabe and it's not even close.

1315837886.jpg

'

Yeah that's a real accurate comparison.

blair.jpg

Even closer :rolleyes:

Basabe has no chance at the NBA but comparing how he is built to the way a 26 year old NBA player looks is stupid. Milsap was 6'7 215 coming out of high school. Guess what Basabe was? Believe it or not when guys get into D-1 and NBA strength programs they bulk up, shocking I know.

Paul Millsap - Yahoo! Sports

Melsahn Basabe - Yahoo! Sports

It's nice to see a reality check from an objective source for the homers on here that think Cartwright is a stud and Gatens is good.

Cartwright is league average at best. People blow him because he played a ton of minutes and recorded a decent total assist #. Nevermind the fact that he builds houses with the bricks he thows up and is a turnover machine.

Gatens is nothing more than a spot shooter off the bench on a good team and an average one at best in that capacity. He lacks the athleticism to give him any consideration for this list.

Many of you think we have a top Big 10 pg, a top pf and a sf that deserves all-conference recognition, but fail to correlate this great roster of talent to our amazing record last year. You must not realize that BJ Armstrong was never better than a 2nd teamer and Horner/Oliver were never better than third teamers. All three of those guys were superior to Cartwright.

Reality:
Basabe is the 2th-4th best pf in the league

Cartwright is the 4th-5th best pg in the league

Gatens is the 4th-5th best sf in the league

How dare you provide a back-down-to-earth analysis!

O your right... Lets look at data that is 2-3 years old. Lord knows 18 year olds don't grow. Good point
Keep changing your argument boy. So you're saying its possible Basabe grows in college too? I agree with that.

I am saying its possible dbag. Ill remember everytime I look up a players stats to look at their draft profile. I was unaware that was the standard. I completely and utterly am sorry for being so ignorant to ignore every nba profile that lists Mr. Milsaps height and weight.

I am saying its possible dbag. Ill remember everytime I look up a players stats to look at their draft profile. I was unaware that was the standard. I completely and utterly am sorry for being so ignorant to ignore every nba profile that lists Mr. Milsaps height and weight.

You should be, because you are embarrassing your self with the argument you are trying to make.

You should be, because you are embarrassing your self with the argument you are trying to make.

Making logical points maybe embarrassing to you, which must be why you rarely make them. That being said if Mel bulks up like Milsap he will get a look in the league.

Making logical points maybe embarrassing to you, which must be why you rarely make them. That being said if Mel bulks up like Milsap he will get a look in the league.

Yeah because I'm the on making arguments like "there's no way Basabe is 6'7" without any actual facts to back it up. Sorry you don't like to be proven wrong with real facts, take it as another learning lesson and move on.

Paul Millsap
Chuck Hayes
Brandon Bass
Tyler Hansbrough
Elton Brand
Glen Davis

Guys off the top of my head who are between 6'6" and 6'8" and play power forward in the NBA. To say Mel couldn't play in the league is ludicrous. Will it be hard? Of course hardest thing he will ever do. Will he be an all star, very unlikely. Could he be in a Glen Davis role? Yes sir!

Barring something weird he will be in Iowa for 4 years

You both realize he led college basketball in rebounding too? Millsap is much more stocky than Basabe at this time but as others have said Basabe is only a Jr.

I saw a fun fact a few years ago that every player who led the NCAA's in rpg made the NBA the next year. I am not saying Basabe will do this but it is some food for thought. If Basabe is leaving early he is doing it with some awful advice.

Latest posts