Barta & Mason must be held Accountable

What articles have you read that have Iowa going to the East? BHGP has Iowa in the West with Michigan and Wisconsin, and Jon has written the same thing on this site.

Based on the new information, what Jon has written on the front page (as far as divisional alignment goes) makes the most sense. Putting Iowa into the East makes as much sense as ISU being in the Big 12 South.

Jon had an article that said Iowa headed East? Iowa, Big 10 Mashup: Iowa to the East? | Hawkeye Nation
Jon and Deace talked about the possibility on their show today.
Here is another link, and there are more. Wisconsin, Iowa to be in separate Big Ten divisions | CollegeFootballTalk.com
http://www.maizenbrew.com/2010/8/26/1651764/division-alignment-and-9-game

Much like conference realignment, the speculation is changing by the minute. The MSU tweet with Iowa in the West is the most promising though.

Last edited:
Yes the divisions are for athletic purposes (specifically football) but those athletic departments reside at the Universities. This gives the Presidents ultimate authority over the fate of their schools/athletic departments

That's what I thought. I realize the athletic departments are part of the university. But if the divisions do nothing for research, academics, etc., then where the team ends up in the division should rest on the AD's. What the hell do the presidents know about competitive balance and rivalries and making football schedules?

I understand that you have a knack for following me around and replying to nearly all of my posts. Scram Shada you're not wanted.

I understand that you have a knack for following me around and replying to nearly all of my posts. Scram Shada you're not wanted.

I think you're wrong on that last point, and I actually just finished watching the show on BTN because I was finishing up some English homework and that took me a couple hours.

I'll say this, if I had started a thread like this, and then had that thread turn out to be disastrously wrong, I'd expect to take my medicine.

What's wrong about it, i didn't predict it, i said if we are in the east, which was being speculated at the time, than they need to be held accountable

Thread name change

Barta & Mason need to be given credit.
Agree. this was a stupid thread. remember how we were all making fun of ISU for its "the sky is falling" panic when the Big XII was almost folding?? talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

What's wrong about it, i didn't predict it, i said if we are in the east, which was being speculated at the time, than they need to be held accountable

You can believe what you want, and like others have said, if you were ready to burn Barta and Mason at the stake, you should also be willing to give them credit.

I'm gonna go ahead and hold them accountable for getting just about everything Iowa ever could have hoped for.

Iowa is a huge, huge winner in all of this.

Fair enough, they deserve credit. Still gonna miss Wisconsin, Illinois and PSU.

I never cared about Illinois at all anyway. But again, Delany seemed to hint that the protected crossover games could change in the future (when the conference goes to 9 games). So don't be surprised if in 2015 we drop Purdue and pick up Wisconsin and Penn State/Illinois. We might stick with Purdue, but I definitely see us getting Wisky if they go to 2 protected crossovers.

Latest posts