Barta Believes Ferentz's Longevity Will Speak For Itself In Recruiting

Real Iowa fans went to the games when guys like Ray Nagel went 16-32 and when Frank Lauterbur went 4-28 and when Bob Cummings went 18-37 because they are loyal to the program. Fair weather "fans" like you do the rest of us a favor by staying away.

A real Iowa fan would back Ferentz even if he hired all three of his sons, his son-in-law, and daughter as part of the football program. Ferentz is Iowa football.

Heres an analogy. You are like the loved one of a drug addict who keeps giving them money and a place to live. You are enabling.

The fans who are cutting off financial support are doing it because they care. They realize the program has a huge problem and it's only going to get worse if measures aren't taken.

They are willing to sacrifice what they love to do to try and save the program from going any lower.

Looking the other way and denying there is a problem is easy, putting you're foot down is hard.

Congratulations... that's the biggest load of crap I've seen in a long time.

A real Iowa fan would back Ferentz even if he hired all three of his sons, his son-in-law, and daughter as part of the football program. Ferentz is Iowa football.

Pay attention. I said nothing about supporting Ferentz. I said real Hawkeye fans support the PROGRAM through good times and bad.

37114438.jpg

Real Iowa fans went to the games when guys like Ray Nagel went 16-32 and when Frank Lauterbur went 4-28 and when Bob Cummings went 18-37 because they are loyal to the program. Fair weather "fans" like you do the rest of us a favor by staying away.

Oh here we go … someone just itching to tell us the rest of us what it was like “back in the day” when Iowa football was horrible. Well guess what, the University of Chicago was a national powerhouse at one time. My point: Things change; you can’t live in the past … and never settle for mediocrity.
I am in my 40s, previous season ticket holder for 10 years, former I-Club board chapter member, have two Hawkeye tattoos … and have been a “fan” since the ripe old age of 8 years old. So maybe that does make me a “fair weather fan”??. Oh, and guess what, when people like me DO start staying away … that IS a problem and that WON’T do you any favors. And I am not the only “fair weather fan” (using your term here) that no longer makes thetrek to Iowa City. Pretty soon you and your cronies from the pre-Hayden days will have all of Kinnick Stadium to call your own and sit with your arms crossed and talk about how bad Iowa football used to be.

Oh here we go … someone just itching to tell us the rest of us what it was like “back in the day†when Iowa football was horrible. Well guess what, the University of Chicago was a national powerhouse at one time. My point: Things change; you can’t live in the past … and never settle for mediocrity.
I am in my 40s, previous season ticket holder for 10 years, former I-Club board chapter member, have two Hawkeye tattoos … and have been a “fan†since the ripe old age of 8 years old. So maybe that does make me a “fair weather fan�?. Oh, and guess what, when people like me DO start staying away … that IS a problem and that WON’T do you any favors. And I am not the only “fair weather fan†(using your term here) that no longer makes thetrek to Iowa City. Pretty soon you and your cronies from the pre-Hayden days will have all of Kinnick Stadium to call your own and sit with your arms crossed and talk about how bad Iowa football used to be.

I'll never be a true fan because I wasn't alive when those guys coached. No matter how old I get, that will never change.

I'll never be a true fan because I wasn't alive when those guys coached. No matter how old I get, that will never change.

PC you weren't missing much.....I have no idea how many radios my dad replaced listening to Zabel and Gonder on the radio when Iowa was coached by Bob Commings, they were bad.....I guess back then I appreciated that it Iowa football and have been a fan ever since, but my loyalties are wearing thin w/the Barta & Ferentz show...

PC you weren't missing much.....I have no idea how many radios my dad replaced listening to Zabel and Gonder on the radio when Iowa was coached by Bob Commings, they were bad.....I guess back then I appreciated that it Iowa football and have been a fan ever since, but my loyalties are wearing thin w/the Barta & Ferentz show...

The guys at radio shack must have loved your dad, Lol. "The Hawks must of lost again here comes Mr. NEIC."

If an employee gets paid a top salary in his profession and maintains results worthy of such a salary then his should be able to stay as long as he wants. If he doesn't then they need to fire his dumm mass. If he is a decent person that employee will resign realizing he is doing a terrible disservice to his employer and allow them to hire someone else who may do a better job. If he is a piece of crap human being he will milk out every penny regardless of the damage he may do to the company. Time will tell what we have in Iowa City, Iowa. I'm hoping what is broken gets fixed by the employee then all is well that ends well.

I ran the numbers and they do show that Gary Barta is correct about coaching stability.

Since 1950 Iowa's win rate doubles under head coaches of 7 or more seasons. Under coaches of less than 7 years Iowa has been 59-134-7 (30% wins). Under coaches of 7 years or greater Iowa is 310-201-10 (60% wins).

I for one like the coaching stability and winning twice as many games, as does our AD.

I ran the numbers and they do show that Gary Barta is correct about coaching stability.

Since 1950 Iowa's win rate doubles under head coaches of 7 or more seasons. Under coaches of less than 7 years Iowa has been 59-134-7 (30% wins). Under coaches of 7 years or greater Iowa is 310-201-10 (60% wins).

I for one like the coaching stability and winning twice as many games, as does our AD.

Kind of meaningless stats though. Logically, being a winning coach gets you more years to build up your record, being a losing coach gets you fired by 7 years at the most. Like your motivation however.

Kirk has to be gone after this season ... Iowa fans ... stop freaking buying tickets ... YOU are helping this idiot keep his job as AD ... Stop going to games ...

I see what you are saying but potential recruits looking up into the stands to see 53,000 fans sure won't help recruiting.

But, I think you are saying stop buying tickets, let's punt, and start all over.

Latest posts