Barta Believes Ferentz's Longevity Will Speak For Itself In Recruiting

Dang it Gester....

The next person that comes on here and scares the S out of me with more "Two years" talk is gonna get kicked square in the balls. Now stop it already....it is NOT funny!!!

Kirk has to be gone after this season ... Iowa fans ... stop freaking buying tickets ... YOU are helping this idiot keep his job as AD ... Stop going to games ...

Translation: He's not getting up'ed unless things change this season. I don't see the problem with it and it's what the majority on here wants. He can't exactly say much more than that without causing even bigger problems for a program stuck in place.

I think he's right. Question is, when it speaks, what will it say?.... (I'm guessing something along the lines of "I'm a lame duck coach, stay away from this program")

It is already paying off. Iowa already had 2 awesome DEs, and a QB that picked Iowa over Wisconsin. Seeing these guys play 2017-2021 will be great.

You get Barta is playing the wait and see game out of that? How about these quotes.

“It’s a year-to-year discussion, however his body of work over the time he’s been at Iowa has really been phenomenal when you look at the number of games he’s won, the number of times he’s been voted Big Ten coach of the year, the way he graduates his student-athletes, the way he treats his student-athletes,” Barta said. “The body of work is important and then beyond that, it’s a year-to-year evaluation. I say all the time, I observe daily, but I evaluate annually. We always have high expectations, and at the end of last year, when both of us sat down, we didn’t believe we met our expectations. That said, I still believe fully that he’s the right guy to lead the Iowa Hawkeyes.”

“One of the beauties of having success is the expectations just keep climbing,” Barta said. “We sort of created our own situation. We had so much success in the middle of the 2000s and then up and down after that.”

He may say, wait and see, but he's definitely leaning one way more than the other.

Re: Dang it Gester....

The next person that comes on here and scares the S out of me with more "Two years" talk is gonna get kicked square in the balls. Now stop it already....it is NOT funny!!!

I'd better get my cup ready.....We go 6-6 or better we're having Kirk be coach here for two more years-maybe even 5-7 somehow buys him another year.

The elephant in the room....................the list of schools we've been competing with for more and more of our recruits in the last number of years.

Re: Dang it Gester....

I'd better get my cup ready.....We go 6-6 or better we're having Kirk be coach here for two more years-maybe even 5-7 somehow buys him another year.

Ball State, ISU and E Michigan can't hold a candle to the Iowa program. Recruiting won't be affected by all the negative recruiting. Teflon.

Kirk has to be gone after this season ... Iowa fans ... stop freaking buying tickets ... YOU are helping this idiot keep his job as AD ... Stop going to games ...

Real Iowa fans went to the games when guys like Ray Nagel went 16-32 and when Frank Lauterbur went 4-28 and when Bob Cummings went 18-37 because they are loyal to the program. Fair weather "fans" like you do the rest of us a favor by staying away.

Real Iowa fans went to the games when guys like Ray Nagel went 16-32 and when Frank Lauterbur went 4-28 and when Bob Cummings went 18-37 because they are loyal to the program. Fair weather "fans" like you do the rest of us a favor by staying away.
Yep. And a real patriot would give 90% of their income to the govt. Anyone that complains about taxes is a pinko commie traitor.
See how that works.

Imagine how much smarter that response would look if the analogy were anywhere close to relevant.

Heres an analogy. You are like the loved one of a drug addict who keeps giving them money and a place to live. You are enabling.

The fans who are cutting off financial support are doing it because they care. They realize the program has a huge problem and it's only going to get worse if measures aren't taken.

They are willing to sacrifice what they love to do to try and save the program from going any lower.

Looking the other way and denying there is a problem is easy, putting you're foot down is hard.

There really are no more Paternos and Bowdens, coaches who will be at a school for 40+ years, so the longer KF is at Iowa with mediocre results the more recruits know and feel they would play at a mediocre team if they go to Iowa. Right now change is good and I am not up on the big new coaching names but is Scott Frost someone we would give a chance with? Is Bob Diaco still an option? Of course Bret B is a potential coach as far as known quantities go and he had Arkansas playing really well by the end of his year two as the coach.

by the way, do you why Arkansas is called the Razorback state? NO!! Because a long time ago two settler brothers were in the hog pen and one of them said "Raise-her-back up Cecil". Ba Boom

Latest posts