Baluga to the NFL per KHAK

Not surprising but I thought he would atleast wait to see how he handles GT's ends before he made it official.

Gotta go where the money is. I wish him all the luck in the world. RR will do fine moving into that slot.

Got that right, Archie. Next man in.....and Riley Rief played very well in place of Bulaga this year.
Here is hoping that Bulaga has a great game on Tuesday night to finish up his resume to the NFL.

I know Bulaga wasn't 100% his first few games back but I almost thought RR played just as well if not better when he was at left tackle. Just like at linebacker I will never be worried about our offensive line situation.

I agree. He Bulaga kinda was pushed around a bit once he was back. I recall the Michigan game he was getting burnt as well as Wisconsin. Rief should be solid next year. Now if we can just get Dace back another year we should be stout.

I agree. He Bulaga kinda was pushed around a bit once he was back. I recall the Michigan game he was getting burnt as well as Wisconsin. Rief should be solid next year. Now if we can just get Dace back another year we should be stout.

Don't forget about having to replace Calloway, either. Could be interesting for the first couple of weeks. New center, new tackles, etc. Thankfully the schedule is pretty manageable the first couple of weeks.

Don't forget about having to replace Calloway, either. Could be interesting for the first couple of weeks. New center, new tackles, etc. Thankfully the schedule is pretty manageable the first couple of weeks.

I would never call an in-state rivalry game with ISU manageable...

I would never call an in-state rivalry game with ISU manageable...

I'm more worried about the Arizona game than I am ISU next year. They lose a lot on defense - a defense that gave up 430 yards of offense to Minnesota. Plus, The Great Austen Arnaud is their qb, and he forgets which team he's on when he lines up against the Hawks.

I'm more worried about the Arizona game than I am ISU next year. They lose a lot on defense - a defense that gave up 430 yards of offense to Minnesota. Plus, The Great Austen Arnaud is their qb, and he forgets which team he's on when he lines up against the Hawks.

Not just the Hawks.

So true! Arnaud gets a little to emotional in big games. You like the emotion but only if he can handle it. So far he has not.

I know ISU's defense is losing 6 starters but I think it will be better next year. Lyle is the biggest loss imo. More so than Smith. But I think we improve in speed and we have a fantastic defensive coordinator

Kind of surprised that Bulaga is making the jump this year. After being talked about as a top 5 pick in the preseason, he spent some time hurt and followed it up with a ho-hum season, getting manhandled by the likes of Brandon Graham and O'Brien Schofield.

Granted, he is still one of the top offensive tackles in the nation, but his draft stock certainly dropped to late first round at best. Why not stick around another year on what should be an even better Iowa team and improve his draft stock to a top 10 pick? I wonder if KF advised him to make the jump (if so, please disregard my message as KF forgot more about offensive linemen in the NFL than I have ever known).

I know Bulaga wasn't 100% his first few games back but I almost thought RR played just as well if not better when he was at left tackle. Just like at linebacker I will never be worried about our offensive line situation.
Like the 2007 season?
I think we will be ok, but it is always of concern to me.

I thought I read Dace has filed the proper paperwork. its just a matter of getting the 6th year approved.

Latest posts