Ballard fails drug test at NFL scouting combine

What did he test positive for? I could have been some banned substance that was in a supplement he was taking, or something like that, unless it's already been specified that it was for pot.

But he was one of the elite athletes in that draft. For a guy like Ballard, who had been rising for a while on draft boards, to make this mistake at this point...just dumb.

I agree, many mock draft boards had him going late 2nd round, but looks like he could go in the early-mid 3rd round now.

I'm at work and can't access link, but do we know for sure this is recreational drugs... or is preformance enhancing durgs possible?

My daughter teaches in a Med Lab. She says drugs are easy to mask. She says the only reason some people get caught, is because they mess up with the timing.

I don't have a problem with it.

Signed,

Funny-BabySmokingWeed.jpg

First Robinson and DJK, now Ballard. Is it fair to wonder how many ont the team do partake in the MJ?

What did he test positive for? I could have been some banned substance that was in a supplement he was taking, or something like that, unless it's already been specified that it was for pot.
It was the supplement in his reefer

First Robinson and DJK, now Ballard. Is it fair to wonder how many ont the team do partake in the MJ?

I'm estimating between 40 and 60 percent use and about 20 percent of that abuse.

We're not talking about kids that are fighting to get into Mensa. Very few go on to be doctors or lawyers.

I'm not going to stand on a soapbox here but part of the problem with society is that athletes and celebs get placed on pedestals when in reality the majority of them are just ****-ups.

I'm estimating between 40 and 60 percent use and about 20 percent of that abuse.

We're not talking about kids that are fighting to get into Mensa. Very few go on to be doctors or lawyers.

I'm not going to stand on a soapbox here but part of the problem with society is that athletes and celebs get placed on pedestals when in reality the majority of them are just PHYSICALLY GIFTED ****-ups.
As mentioned in most cases this is an intelligence test meaning the NFL guys now know he is stupid enough to offer him half the pay he was going to get so he can keep on keeping on.
Oh and its no wonder the cops love hanging around and catching up to pro athletes with such a high % using and the funds to pay the fines. BAU for our government.

Last edited:
^Some NFL team is going to put up a ton of money for the guys they draft. It makes sense to protect their investment. Like it or not, smoking MJ gives some indication that you aren't treating your body in a way that's going to give them their biggest return on investment. Ballard is an idiot for blowing this chance.

It cost him some money,no doubt. But, if he is a real player,he will stick,and get the real money in his first big contract in a few years. Sapp is a great example of how the NFL can overreact and cost themselves a stud. I hope Ballard falls to the Bears late in round 2...they need a d-tackle. If they can get Carimi in round 1,and ballard in round 2, and DJK in round 7...happy camper.

Gravy, this isn't so much about being against a law that you evidently don't agree with, it is about not following the rules of the company that you expect to receive millions of dollars from. Just plain stupid.

I agree it's stupid to take the chance, but it's stupid for the wrong reasons. Smoking does not automatically equal bad character or other drug use. They should be more concerned about players that binge drink or abuse alcohol, and that has been widely accepted in professional football as long as the game has been played.

I agree it's stupid to take the chance, but it's stupid for the wrong reasons. Smoking does not automatically equal bad character or other drug use. They should be more concerned about players that binge drink or abuse alcohol, and that has been widely accepted in professional football as long as the game has been played.

You don't get suspended for binge drinking. NFL teams don't really care about the fact that players do drugs. They care because if you are dumb enough to get caught at the combine, you're probably dumb enough to get caught during the season and get suspended.

You don't get suspended for binge drinking. NFL teams don't really care about the fact that players do drugs. They care because if you are dumb enough to get caught at the combine, you're probably dumb enough to get caught during the season and get suspended.

That's kind of my point.

Latest posts