Ballard fails drug test at NFL scouting combine

What I'm seeing is kinda typical of some of our fan base:

While playing for the Hawks it's "Yeah, Christian, way to get the sack you're the greatest!"

After making a mistake: "Man, Christian, are you a moron or what?"

He made a bad mistake and smoked some weed but let's not blow it out of proportion.

I understand where you are coming from.......Dude has a pending paternity suit he could have used that money he just cost himself......It's a boneheaded move on his part, really no way around it.

What I'm seeing is kinda typical of some of our fan base:

While playing for the Hawks it's "Yeah, Christian, way to get the sack you're the greatest!"

After making a mistake: "Man, Christian, are you a moron or what?"

He made a bad mistake and smoked some weed but let's not blow it out of proportion.

That is almost always the reaction when Idols are found to have feet of clay.

A hero one minute, a goat the next.

Im sure it would have been perfectly ok for him to drink a few beers, but oh no he smoked a blunt red flags this guy cannot be a good human being if he commited such a heinous act. Some team is going to get a steal now...

If I was a coach I wouldn't care that he smoked....I would care that he KNEW the tests were taking place and still decided to smoke it.

That's a huge red flag...C'mon Man!

What a moron.

If I was a coach I wouldn't care that he smoked....I would care that he KNEW the tests were taking place and still decided to smoke it.

That's a huge red flag...C'mon Man!

What a moron.

This. Nobody cares about the act itself. It's the TIMING that makes it so stupid. Seriously, you know exactly when the test is coming, and you can't stay clean for it? That IS a red flag.

Im sure it would have been perfectly ok for him to drink a few beers, but oh no he smoked a blunt red flags this guy cannot be a good human being if he commited such a heinous act. Some team is going to get a steal now...

amazing, you really do not get it, do you?

That's a disappointment for the university.

Does the rookie pay scale take affect this year? If so, he might not be losing as much as some here are carrying on about. Bad judgement all around. If he's considered a legit 2nd/3rd rounder...he's already been raked across the coals in terms of personal evaluations. I doubt this plays a huge role in sliding deep down the board and costimng him millions.

It doesn't matter if folks are "okay" with it or not ... it still reflects poor judgement. That also explains a bit more of why we didn't see more impressive play by Ballard in the latter part of the season too.

What is the deal with these douchebags? If I was looking at the potential of earning millions of dollars, I wouldn't be making stupid mistakes like this.

It doesn't matter if folks are "okay" with it or not ... it still reflects poor judgement. That also explains a bit more of why we didn't see more impressive play by Ballard in the latter part of the season too.

This. For those of you who turned your heads because the University (Ferentz) didn't release more names at the time of the whole drug deal this is just a reminder that there was a problem on this years team.

When I was in High School we had some Iowa Drug Unit come visit our school and tell us that our county was #2 in the state of Iowa in drug use per capita and told us about how unhealthy it was and what a negative impact drug use can have in your life and how easily it can become addictive. Than a Senior raised his hand and asked "what county beat us?"

When I was in High School we had some Iowa Drug Unit come visit our school and tell us that our county was #2 in the state of Iowa in drug use per capita and told us about how unhealthy it was and what a negative impact drug use can have in your life and how easily it can become addictive. Than a Senior raised his hand and asked "what county beat us?"

Black Hawk Baby

Another thought (I have to credit my wife for this comment):

We treat them like gods, and then are shocked when they start to act like gods.

This. Nobody cares about the act itself. It's the TIMING that makes it so stupid. Seriously, you know exactly when the test is coming, and you can't stay clean for it? That IS a red flag.

Really? Then why do they even test if nobody cares? I would say the NFL cares or they wouldn't waste their time doing the tests would they?

Until the day it is legal to use MJ, people are going to care when others test positive. The red flag shouldn't be trying to beat the system either.

Latest posts