Badgers Win

Stop being such sissies. The guy is right... he wouldn't start on Iowa's d-line. He would be in the rotation but I doubt he'd start. He's definitely a high motor guy and he sticks out on their defense because he's their best player.

Maybe he was being a little harsh but I don't think he said anything that wasn't true. No reason to get on the soap box just cuz you don't agree with his opinion. The most impressive thing to me about Watt is that he's pretty much their only stud on the d-line and he still came out and dominated OSU. That was a Claybornesque performance I must say.

What's not true about that? Watt was never mentioned in the same breath as the other elite defensive players in the conference. You never heard his name alongside that of Clayborn, Cam Heyward at OSU, or Ryan Kerrigan at Purdue.

Maybe that game Saturday night was his coming out party, similar to Clayborn's game at PSU last year.

He's quietly produced just fine for the Badgers.

44 tackles
15.5 TFL
4.5 sacks
4 QB hurries
5 passes defended
1 blocked kick

34 tackles
11.5 TFL
4 sacks
6 passes defended
5 QB hurries
1 blocked kicks

Binns' stats:

63 tackles
10.5 TFL
6.5 sacks
9 passes defended
3 QB hurries
1 forced fumble

19 tackles
1 TFL
0 sacks
1 pass defended
1 INT

From the looks of those numbers, Watt has been more productive than Binns has. I love Binns, and he's done a lot of good things for us the past year and a half. But Watt has been more productive, at least by the numbers.

I guess i was more surprised, not by the original post, but that five pages of hawk fans actually responded to this guy.

Hawkeye football....hands down the classiest, most fundamentally strong program in the nation, top to bottom. But...

Our O-line...will dominate, our backs...will dominate all 4 qtrs. Our d-line, just as good as yours and will not be up against as tough an o-line as ours. we can stop the run unlike michigan or penn state. Our special teams has the edge this year...that might be the difference.
Well damn now what am I going to do Saturday? No reason to watch the Iowa game I guess. Thanks for the heads up. What a D-Bag

Latest posts