Badgers Win

JJ Watt, at best, would be option 6 for the Iowa d-line. There is a reason that nobody outside of Madison had heard of him before last Saturday night.

False

Watt could play anywhere...hes a heck of a player. Did you see him Saturday night? He was all over the place

Have to love a guy that calls Wisconsin players "his"? Does any Wisconsin fan remember the beat down they took in their home lat year? Do they remember kankles Clay getting hurt? I have said it before and I'll say it again, as long as B-D-dag in on the Wisconsin sidelines Iowa has a sizeable advantage over the Badgers. It's an old school big ten game, I'm going to enjoy the game and the win.

False

Watt could play anywhere...hes a heck of a player. Did you see him Saturday night? He was all over the place

Exactly. I've been more than aware of him all year. He's by far their best player now that Borland is out. And he's very good.

False

I did see him Saturday night; it was quite the performance. Kudos to him. Before Saturday night, I had never heard of him.

Well, I should amend that a bit. I had heard of him, but it was more in the sense of "he's one of two guys the Badgers are bringing back on defense for 2010."

Of course he could play anywhere; I never said he couldn't. He wouldn't start at Iowa.

Last edited:
I did see him Saturday night; it was quite the performance. Kudos to him. Before Saturday night, I had never heard of him.

Well, I should amend that a bit. I had heard of him, but it was more in the sense of "he's one of two guys the Badgers are bringing back on defense for 2010."

Of course he could play anywhere; I never said he couldn't. He wouldn't start at Iowa.

I love when you state opinions as facts

So just because you hadn't really heard much about him before Saturday night, he wouldn't start for us? I wonder how many people hadn't/haven't really heard much about Mike Daniels. My guess is quite a few. But Daniels wouldn't start somewhere else, oh no. Watt is a very good player, and has been for awhile. Just because you haven't heard of him doesn't change that fact.

So just because you hadn't really heard much about him before Saturday night, he wouldn't start for us? I wonder how many people hadn't/haven't really heard much about Mike Daniels. My guess is quite a few. But Daniels wouldn't start somewhere else, oh no. Watt is a very good player, and has been for awhile. Just because you haven't heard of him doesn't change that fact.

No, I don't think he would start over anyone on Iowa's front four. That's hardly an insult to Watt's talent as a player. The fact that I had never heard of him before Saturday night isn't an insult either.

Don't put words in my mouth.

I think Jon threw out the stat that Wisconsin has NEVER beaten Iowa when Iowa has won more than 8 games in a season. What that tells me is that Wisconsin only beats Iowa when Iowa is mediocre or down and by looking at those results they have struggled to even win those.

No, I don't think he would start over anyone on Iowa's front four. That's hardly an insult to Watt's talent as a player. The fact that I had never heard of him before Saturday night isn't an insult either.

Don't put words in my mouth.

"There's a reason that nobody outside of Madison had heard of him."

How is that NOT an insult to his ability as a player? That suggests that if he were that good, people outside of Madison would have known who he was before Saturday night. Nobody outside of Iowa City knew who Clayborn was until after the Penn State game last year, either.

He would, but I think the guy opposite Clayborn look pretty good in their own right.

That's true, but I think Watt could start over Binns. It's a toss-up, but he could start over Binns.

Sorry fans, This will be another W for the Badgers this weekend. A big one at Kinnick will be one to remember in Wisconsin FB history!

You and your fat slow offense has always struggled against our Norm Parker style defense.

You're not too far away from being another Penn State in most Iowa fans eyes. Since 2002 we've embarrassed you three times and our overall record is 6-2 vs your outdated horse and buggy offense.

Your two wins against us in the last 8 years.... by a combined 7 points.

6 of our last 8 meetings you've scored 17 points our less against us. Outside of your fat slow offense... these aren't opinions, they're facts.

"There's a reason that nobody outside of Madison had heard of him."

How is that NOT an insult to his ability as a player? That suggests that if he were that good, people outside of Madison would have known who he was before Saturday night. Nobody outside of Iowa City knew who Clayborn was until after the Penn State game last year, either.

That's true, but I think Watt could start over Binns. It's a toss-up, but he could start over Binns.

What's not true about that? Watt was never mentioned in the same breath as the other elite defensive players in the conference. You never heard his name alongside that of Clayborn, Cam Heyward at OSU, or Ryan Kerrigan at Purdue.

Maybe that game Saturday night was his coming out party, similar to Clayborn's game at PSU last year.

Watt is a slightly bigger version of Klug. He'd play on our line. But that isn't really going to decide the game.

Can I just mention the HUGE coaching advantage Iowa has in this game, IMO anyway.

JJ Watt would not start on Iowa's D-Line. He had a stellar game last weekend but he's not a consistent performer... yet. He wouldn't supplant any of our 4 guys right now... sorry.

Latest posts