Badgers, Badgers, Mushroom, Snake and only the West Title is on the line official game thread

Speaking of 1999….I would take Ladell Betts Kevin Kasper and a shitload of bubble screens over what I am seeing from the Iowa offense now

I think you just nailed the offensive adjustments we will see in the second half. More of the same, hoping for better results.
You’ve got to try something different. Hell, no-huddle uptempo the next three possessions. If that leads to more turnovers, at this point I’m fine with that.

Welp, time to adjust expectations. We have some extremely winnable games the rest of the way out. Take care of business and we hit a nice win total, good bowl, and a chance at a top 25 finish.

Big Ten West would take a major turn of fortunes, which sucks because it looked like ours to lose just a couple weeks ago.

OL is very bad right now. Linderbaum plus a motley crew of not ready for prime time players. If Iowa was a spread team with a bunch of athletes at the edges, that's something you could scheme around to an extent but, being built the way we are, it's crippling.

I see 3 very winnable games left on the schedule. That's 9 wins plus a shot at a 10th in a bowl game. I would have signed up for that in a red hot minute back in August.

I'm sure the torches and pitchforks crowd is out in force, but I think it's another chapter in the book of Life as a Developmental Program. We need 5 guys that are "OK+" (with ideally 1 or 2 "good+" guys) to make this work and it's just not our reality this year.

Not this time, this team wins 2 mores at absolute most, and if they happen to play poor vs NW or Ill... 6-6 is a real possibility.

This offense is that poor.

not a counter argument to what you are saying. Just got a feeling KF will rally the troops a game or 2 too late

Welp, time to adjust expectations. We have some extremely winnable games the rest of the way out. Take care of business and we hit a nice win total, good bowl, and a chance at a top 25 finish.

Big Ten West would take a major turn of fortunes, which sucks because it looked like ours to lose just a couple weeks ago.

OL is very bad right now. Linderbaum plus a motley crew of not ready for prime time players. If Iowa was a spread team with a bunch of athletes at the edges, that's something you could scheme around to an extent but, being built the way we are, it's crippling.

I see 3 very winnable games left on the schedule. That's 9 wins plus a shot at a 10th in a bowl game. I would have signed up for that in a red hot minute back in August.

I'm sure the torches and pitchforks crowd is out in force, but I think it's another chapter in the book of Life as a Developmental Program. We need 5 guys that are "OK+" (with ideally 1 or 2 "good+" guys) to make this work and it's just not our reality this year.
You think Jones and Tracy aren't athletic on the edges? Not to mention Bruce and Johnson?

Switch the scheme.