Back to the Lickliter years...

Stanzi

Talent levels on this team are about the same as those Lick teams. They can't even compete with middle of the road teams. No one on the team that can make a play. Not fun to watch at all. I thought we were done with those dark, dark times, but I was wrong. Fran is bringing them back!!

Yeah, right. They are having a cold shooting nite and they are having trouble getting open so I was hoping Fran would have them running plays with a lot of double screens to get open shots.

I don't know about the LIck years, but they sure looked pretty bad through most of this game. I'm wondering if they have packed it in a bit............or at least hit a wall.

take away the 12-0 run in football last year and Iowa sports men/women are mediocre or below average. The wrestling team hasn't even won the National title in a while now. Does anyone know how many Big 10 titles Iowa has won in all sports combined in the past 10 years? The only one I can think of is wrestling a couple of years ago when we were co-champs with Ohio St. The Iowa men's track team won the outdoor title like in 09 or 2010. Iowa sports has pretty much been middle of the Big 10 pack for a while now. I'm tired of this. For you Iowa fans who are content with the men/women hoops just making the tournament or the football team making the Outback type bowls, then more power to you. I'd really like to see some Big 10 titles come to Iowa City, but I just don't see it happening, especially with Gary Barta as our AD. I's also like to see Iowa in the Final 4 again, but I don't have my hopes up for that happening in the so near distant future.

Lick's second team could and probably would beat this team. If Cyrus Tate didn't get hurt, that was probably an NIT team.

They definitely are going through their growing pains. If they team isn't healthy that will just accentuate their inexperience even more. I doubt they will be much of a factor in the conference. It will be interesting to see who is on the team and what they will be like next year. They definitely could use a couple of real athletic guards, especially with the incoming recruiting class.

I tried to tell you guys that this team would not play well with the guards that we have on the roster. I didn't count on Uhl getting worse as the seasons go by. Wagner has no offensive game and a limited defensive game. With Jok injured, Baer is our most consistent player. A former walk on.
Fran has really screwed the pooch in the recruiting game. There is no other way to put it. And the pieces he has coming in aren't going to do anything for us at the PG spot or on the defensive end.

I tried to tell you guys that this team would not play well with the guards that we have on the roster. I didn't count on Uhl getting worse as the seasons go by. Wagner has no offensive game and a limited defensive game. With Jok injured, Baer is our most consistent player. A former walk on.
Fran has really screwed the pooch in the recruiting game. There is no other way to put it. And the pieces he has coming in aren't going to do anything for us at the PG spot or on the defensive end.
take away the 12-0 run in football last year and Iowa sports men/women are mediocre or below average. The wrestling team hasn't even won the National title in a while now. Does anyone know how many Big 10 titles Iowa has won in all sports combined in the past 10 years? The only one I can think of is wrestling a couple of years ago when we were co-champs with Ohio St. The Iowa men's track team won the outdoor title like in 09 or 2010. Iowa sports has pretty much been middle of the Big 10 pack for a while now. I'm tired of this. For you Iowa fans who are content with the men/women hoops just making the tournament or the football team making the Outback type bowls, then more power to you. I'd really like to see some Big 10 titles come to Iowa City, but I just don't see it happening, especially with Gary Barta as our AD. I's also like to see Iowa in the Final 4 again, but I don't have my hopes up for that happening in the so near distant future.

The football coach has been here for what 18 years and people are just starting to realize that he is a mediocre coach??? Fran has been here long enough to get an idea of where this ship is going. I think we are taking on water. I know a lot of you are trying to be optimistic and talking up our recruits but what B1G team are you comparing recruiting to?? You could ask this same question about the football team. I believe I saw an article that indicated that Bart's makes almost one million a year............huh? for an athletic director?? Really??? And no one question this? There should be an investigation into what's going on here. In fact wouldn't mind knowing how much is going into the pockets of those who are running the show. There's an odor the is starting to get stronger and stronger................ why does Barta sound a lot like Farta?

Talent levels on this team are about the same as those Lick teams. They can't even compete with middle of the road teams. No one on the team that can make a play. Not fun to watch at all. I thought we were done with those dark, dark times, but I was wrong. Fran is bringing them back!!

The Hawks are way above Lick. That was a very low bar.

Latest posts