Awesome Stanzi Article - He hates hippies and loves America

HaydensDad

“I don’t know how other colleges are, but when you walk around here, you’ve got people . . . you’ve got guys walking around in dresses and just these hippies,” Stanzi said. “They’re doing nothing. There’s the Ped Mall area down there, right in the middle. Those people are going nowhere. Those people are the people who don’t like America.”

I didn't realize that he had "Made In America 1987" tattooed on his back.

The article discusses how he wasn't really joking with his America comments.
A must read for all hawk fans.

No patriot act | TheGazette

Those people are the people who don’t like America.â€￾

And yet, those are very likely the same people showing up on game day to watch him play, who cheer him on because he plays for the Iowa Hawkeyes.

Apparently he's not the brightest bulb after all.

How does he know they "don't like America?" Kind of presumptuous, no?

I'll take the political opinions of somebody majoring in "Interdepartmental Studies" with a big grain of salt, thanks.

He should spend more time concentrating on not throwing deep to DJK into double coverage with McNutt WIIIIIDE open over the middle.

Agreed. He was being asked questions about being patriotic, and really just blabbing on off the top of his head. Some people are reading far too much into his comments.

How does he know they "don't like America?" Kind of presumptuous, no?

I'll take the political opinions of somebody majoring in "Interdepartmental Studies" with a big grain of salt, thanks.

He should spend more time concentrating on not throwing deep to DJK into double coverage with McNutt WIIIIIDE open over the middle.

Surprising that he didn't vote.
Wow I didn't expect people to be so defensive of hippies. I guess we have more hippies on this board than I thought.

Wow I didn't expect people to be so defensive of hippies. I guess we have more hippies on this board than I thought.

That wasn't very patriotic of him! Well maybe it was considering the choices.

:cool:

I've been away from IC too long...I haven't seen a real life hippie for quite some time. Assuming you don't count homeless dudes strolling down Ingersoll looking for soda cans.

And yet, those are very likely the same people showing up on game day to watch him play, who cheer him on because he plays for the Iowa Hawkeyes.

Apparently he's not the brightest bulb after all.

I sincerely doubt that the patchouli / ear gauges crowd in the ped mall follow the Iowa Hawkeyes.

Stanzi is a weird guy.

He's a good dude though. My brother got to know his family a little bit living in Ohio and they are cool folks.

Full disclosure...I always have Old Glory flying in front of my house. I may be biased.

Last edited:

Perhaps we shouldn't be. He obviously can talk the talk, but not as many are willing to walk the walk. And there was certainly time in his schedule to read up on any issue he would be voting upon.

Not so much defensive of hippies as shaking my head in general at his comments. It just doesn't pay to offend your audience.

And Iowa City is just so darned liberal that it offends is delicate sensibilities? I can't wait to see what happens if he gets drafted by the 49ers. :D

I sincerely doubt that the patchouli / ear gauges crowd in the ped mall follow the Iowa Hawkeyes.

Saturdays are for Hacky Sack, not football.

images

I tailgated in Indiana with Stanzi's boys from Ohio. Good dudes, and they had some funny Ricky stories. I'm pretty sure Ricky was referring to the ultra liberals that frequent the ped mall, but don't frequent the shower.

By the way...does anyone else see the irony of Ricky busting on hippies?

Stanzi1.jpg

Hint: The hair.

Haha, I was thinking the exact same thing. I was looking at the pictures from the I-Club event this morning, Stanzi is in desperate need of some Barbasol and clippers, looks like a sasquatch at the table. Don't get me wrong, I like the kid.

Well, I hate ultra right wing nut jobs, but I love America. There are a bunch of goofy sorts on the ped mall, but that's what makes America great: it takes all kinds, and for the most part they're basically harmless. In fact, I would venture to guess, the vast majority of them are downright peaceful people.

Exactly. That crowd probably doesn't even know there is a football game on Saturday. I guess the "hate America" comment cuts a little too close to home for some of our "dear" posters on HN.

Latest posts