Awesome Stanzi Article - He hates hippies and loves America

Re: Spent time in a classroom in any of the liberal arts classes at Iowa?

Went to graduate school at the UI (1990s). I would say a very goodly (more thatn 25) percentage of people I was in class with would be somewhere to the left of Castro and close to Mao. Daily discussions about how horrible the U.S. was, how the U.S. was responsible for most of the turmoil and strife in the world, how "visionary" guys like Che Guevara were the role model for enacting "real change" and other such drivel.

Stanzi's just speaking his mind. It is a free country after all :)

Matt & Miller are freaking out about it. Evidently,Perrault thinks Stanzi is the most horrible person in the world

Hey, Ricky? Stop running your mouth about politics, you're way out of your depth. Just be a good meathead and throw TDs to #7, #15, and #82. :rolleyes:

The irony here is Stanzi can talk to the media and DJK the record setting WR cannot?

Last edited:
Whats wrong with what Rick said? People need to get the sand out of their vag and stop taking things so personal.
Rick hates hippies. Rick hates Commies and Liberals... i happen to agree with him on all three.
However, if he said he hugs trees, forgives marx and loves Obama i wouldnt care. but, right wing america would throw a fit.
why does it matter that Rick hates hippies?
people whine to much

gahhh i hate hippies

you can tell that people in this thread (and matt perrault) did not watch and listen to the video interview. his attitude is more much clear.

he didnt vote because he is dedicated to football and didnt want to "go out and guess". he even poked fun of the political ads and how no one talks about themselves, but rather but the other guy did wrong.

i have no problems with his comments. morehouse asked good questions about standing up for his beliefs on a liberal campus, and about how being patriotic isnt always the "cool" thing to do. i am sick of the standard canned cliche answers from athletes.

“I don’t know how other colleges are, but when you walk around here, you’ve got people . . . you’ve got guys walking around in dresses and just these hippies,†Stanzi said. “They’re doing nothing. There’s the Ped Mall area down there, right in the middle. Those people are going nowhere. Those people are the people who don’t like America.â€

I didn't realize that he had "Made In America 1987" tattooed on his back.

The article discusses how he wasn't really joking with his America comments.
A must read for all hawk fans.

No patriot act | TheGazette

Stanzi = better than Cam Newton (in my book)

Surprising that he didn't vote.
Wow I didn't expect people to be so defensive of hippies. I guess we have more hippies on this board than I thought.
The correct term is "America-haters". Most of them voted for Hussein Ob(s)ama (the number 1 America-hater)

And yet, those are very likely the same people showing up on game day to watch him play, who cheer him on because he plays for the Iowa Hawkeyes.

Apparently he's not the brightest bulb after all.
So how do you know they are "the same people showing up and watching him play". I grew up in the 60's and 70's and "hippies" weren't the biggest sports fans on the planet.

“I don’t know how other colleges are, but when you walk around here, you’ve got people . . . you’ve got guys walking around in dresses and just these hippies,†Stanzi said. “They’re doing nothing. There’s the Ped Mall area down there, right in the middle. Those people are going nowhere. Those people are the people who don’t like America.â€

I didn't realize that he had "Made In America 1987" tattooed on his back.

The article discusses how he wasn't really joking with his America comments.
A must read for all hawk fans.

No patriot act | TheGazette

Speaking as an old hawkeye from the 70's, I love Ricky and I love my country and I defend his right to make a horse's *** out of himself. Have a great senior day. I'm glad you love your country. I'm sorry you hate Iowa City.

Give me a break people. Why does everyone hang on "one" comment. Like we've never said things that are offensive. Get over yourselves.

Good for Rick. Hippies suck ;)

Hippies DO suck.

images

Rick's in good company.

Last edited:
Surprising that he didn't vote.
Wow I didn't expect people to be so defensive of hippies. I guess we have more hippies on this board than I thought.

Not suprising he didn't vote, he probably isn't registered in Iowa. I would imagine his is still registered in Ohio.

Latest posts