Austin Blythe drafted

He's a great pick in the 7th round. Glad to see the Colts try to realize that, without Hawkeyes, they aren't as good as they used to be.

The Colts got one hack of a late round bargain! Congrats to Austin!
The reality is that NFL is very tethered to measurables - it provides teams cover if the guy with good numbers doesn't pan out versus taking a shot on a guy with a lot of football talent but without the numbers posted at the combine or pro day. I think he'll make the roster.

And unlike the Saints offensive linemen, he didn't hold Aaron Donald on Every. Single. Play.

gregzuerleinrams.jpg

Last edited:
The missed pass interference change the outcome of that game, there were some horrible call for both teams.

The missed pass interference change the outcome of that game, there were some horrible call for both teams.

Indeed.

The missed PI is the one everyone is clucking about, but the zebras missed two egregious facemasks by the Saints, and also a fkn head stomping. A HEAD STOMPING. For crissakes. Plus a blatant delay of game, but I don't give a shit about those process penalties.

50844744_10215501086258417_5803180121808437248_n.jpg

The facemask on Goff would have resulted in a first and goal and likely TD.

The goddamn Saints are almost at CHEAT LEVEL: PATRIOTS. I'm actually kind of giddy that the assholes got jobbed like that.

That was not a head stomp. But he did land on him with his ass, I was surprised that was not an unnecessary roughness.
Honestly I'm okay with the Rams winning.
I wish they would do overtime like college, could have seen a different outcome in the KC/ Pats game.

That was not a head stomp. But he did land on him with his ass, I was surprised that was not an unnecessary roughness.
Honestly I'm okay with the Rams winning.
I wish they would do overtime like college, could have seen a different outcome in the KC/ Pats game.

The Chiefs third down pass defense was the functional equivalent of a bloody tampon.

And unlike the Saints offensive linemen, he didn't hold Aaron Donald on Every. Single. Play.

gregzuerleinrams.jpg

Just absurd. I think I watched maybe 4 regular season games all year, one of which was the Chiefs-Rams. It was the same as the Saints. Blatant holds on Donald on probably half of the plays. I think the NFL has to let these guards hold this new generation of tackles because some of the guys are so dominant that if they played straight up teams would end games with offensive numbers bordering on Brian Ferentz calling a game against Northwestern or Wisconsin levels and the NFL knows that 9-7 games will be a dagger for the average moron fans.

Donald is just ridiculously talented. I guess I saw him in person in college when Pitt came to IC back in 2011, but I had no idea he was going to morph into that sort of beast.

Just absurd. I think I watched maybe 4 regular season games all year, one of which was the Chiefs-Rams. It was the same as the Saints. Blatant holds on Donald on probably half of the plays. I think the NFL has to let these guards hold this new generation of tackles because some of the guys are so dominant that if they played straight up teams would end games with offensive numbers bordering on Brian Ferentz calling a game against Northwestern or Wisconsin levels and the NFL knows that 9-7 games will be a dagger for the average moron fans.

Donald is just ridiculously talented. I guess I saw him in person in college when Pitt came to IC back in 2011, but I had no idea he was going to morph into that sort of beast.
He was looked at as being pretty good but yeah what a monster. He's not the biggest dude infact he's on the smaller side. I think he's closer to 285ish then 300 like most DTs. The way he uses his hands and the leverage he plays with is just unreal. Not to mention quickness of going side to side. You just have to double him no if ands or butts about it. I was impressed with how James Daniels did up against him for the most part. He had a ton of help but the guy is just that good

Adrian Clayborn gets another chance as well. This super bowl is going to have a happy ending for at least one or two former Hawkeyes.

He was looked at as being pretty good but yeah what a monster. He's not the biggest dude infact he's on the smaller side. I think he's closer to 285ish then 300 like most DTs. The way he uses his hands and the leverage he plays with is just unreal. Not to mention quickness of going side to side. You just have to double him no if ands or butts about it. I was impressed with how James Daniels did up against him for the most part. He had a ton of help but the guy is just that good

I’d never be motivated enough to look this up, but I’d love to know how many lineman got drafted ahead of him in the first 6 rounds and are out of football, in the CFL or on scout teams.

I also would have loved to see what kiper thought about Blythe after his senior year. I’m sure he had some stupid completely wrong thing to say.

Indeed.

The missed PI is the one everyone is clucking about, but the zebras missed two egregious facemasks by the Saints, and also a fkn head stomping. A HEAD STOMPING. For crissakes. Plus a blatant delay of game, but I don't give a shit about those process penalties.

50844744_10215501086258417_5803180121808437248_n.jpg

The facemask on Goff would have resulted in a first and goal and likely TD.

The goddamn Saints are almost at CHEAT LEVEL: PATRIOTS. I'm actually kind of giddy that the assholes got jobbed like that.

I didnt watch much of the game that closely until the last 10 minutes but those are some brutal evidence of missed or bad calls.

I’d never be motivated enough to look this up, but I’d love to know how many lineman got drafted ahead of him in the first 6 rounds and are out of football, in the CFL or on scout teams.

I also would have loved to see what kiper thought about Blythe after his senior year. I’m sure he had some stupid completely wrong thing to say.
Yeah he probably didn't blow anyone away at the combine or put on tape at Iowa that he should be a high pick. But he got better. It's just tough to project with guys on if they'll get better or not and if so how much..

The drafting of Kittle and King made me scratch my head more than Blythe. Kittle showed glimpses of talent after not having played or used a ton. But he was dang good when he was. Then he tore it up at the combine and still slid to 5th round. Well he's shown everyone wrong on that.

King put on tape that he was an absolute baller. He was never going to impress with his attributes so much. So he falls due to pretty much that. Goes on to just keep impressing and is 1st team all pro. I mean if you take any draft class and redo it you're going to have some huge changes to them for various reasons.

Last edited:

Latest posts