Auburn got SCREWED

With all of the money the teams, conferences, & the ncaa is making you would think they could bring in professionals to officiate men’s basketball & football games.

With all of the money the teams, conferences, & the ncaa is making you would think they could bring in professionals to officiate men’s basketball & football games.

Most certainly could especially for Games when you get down to the elite 8 or final 4

On kind of a side note, that no call on the double-dribble/foul/made FT's cost Pearl a $100,000 bonus.

Listened to that game on Sirius XM (got to watch TT-MSU). The double dribble was the killer. Didn't the officials somehow think that the ball was tipped? Or did they just flat out miss it? (more likely)

Basketball has to be the worst officiated sport. They can call a touch foul from sixty feet away and through as mass of bodies, while the official in the best position to make a call makes the correct no call. They have learned to allow the Euro step, hardly ever call three seconds, allow carrying, double dribble, goaltending, players stepping over the end line as they inbound the ball, players taking longer than ten seconds to shoot a free throw(I haven't seen that lane violation called in decades).

I don't know. Did TV execs complain that too many stoppages of play would harm the product the were paying millions and millions of dollars for? It's hard to say.

The three pointer by Guy with about six seconds left to cut it one was the real killer. And the Auburn player only being able to to make one of two free throws. He left the door open, and Virginia ripped it off the hinges.

Did anyone here have Virginia vs the winner of Texas Tech/MSU in the championship game?

I have Virginia vs MSU in the Championship game with Virginia winning it.

I'm betting @BryceC is gonna tell us he would rather have ISU win the Big12 tournament instead of being like pathetic Texas Tech getting bounced in their first game of the Big12 tournament by a bottom dweller. I mean we all know that that conference tournaments aren't meaningless, they are actually way better and more fun than the NCAA tournament. Big12 tournament title >>>>>> NCAA winner/runner up.

Wow!

Miss a obvious double dribble call and than screw them in he end... That’s Sad!!!

It's obvious in retrospect, but is not obvious in the flow of the game. Most everybody didn't really recognize it, coaches, announcers, fans. It's one of those plays that just doesn't look that obvious when it happens but ends up being a blatent rule violation.

Connor McCaffery did the exact same play/double-dribble in one of their last second shot wins. He was dribbling, the ball booted off his foot, he ran it down picked it up and started driving again.

It happens. That same play probably happens and goes uncalled a lot in a NCAA season.

Listened to that game on Sirius XM (got to watch TT-MSU). The double dribble was the killer. Didn't the officials somehow think that the ball was tipped? Or did they just flat out miss it? (more likely)

Basketball has to be the worst officiated sport. hardly ever call three seconds, allow carrying, They can call a touch foul from sixty feet away and through as mass of bodies, while the official in the best position to make a call makes the correct no call. They have learned to allow the Euro step, double dribble, goaltending, players stepping over the end line as they inbound the ball, players taking longer than ten seconds to shoot a free throw(I haven't seen that lane violation called in decades).

I don't know. Did TV execs complain that too many stoppages of play would harm the product the were paying millions and millions of dollars for? It's hard to say.

The three pointer by Guy with about six seconds left to cut it one was the real killer. And the Auburn player only being able to to make one of two free throws. He left the door open, and Virginia ripped it off the hinges.

Damn right. I think the 3 sec in the lane rule has gone by the wayside. And yes, they do seem to carry the ball a lot when they dribble. Their hand starts on the bottom of the ball and they turn it over to dribble when driving. Drives me nuts.

I have been complaining to my wife all season that it appears they have changed how double dribble is called. I saw it all year long, someone would half muff a catch, put the ball on the deck, pick it up to reestablish control, and then they start dribbling. The way it was called when I played, that was a double dribble.

Last edited:
Did anyone here have Virginia vs the winner of Texas Tech/MSU in the championship game?

I had Virginia vs Michigan....so close yet not really....

What really f'ed my bracket is I had Auburn losing to New Mexico State and if you watched that game, it probably should have happened.

I have been complaining to my wife all season that it appears they have changed how double dribble is called. I saw it all year long, someone would half muff a catch, put the ball on the deck, pick it up to reestablish control, and when the start dribbling. The way it was called when I played, that was a double dribble.

agree. change the rules for entertainment value.

I had Duke beating Auburn in my championship. So I am drawing dead, but since I had 7 of 8 teams correct in the elite eight, i was so far out in front, I only have one person who can knock me into second place with a virginia championship.

I have Virginia vs MSU in the Championship game with Virginia winning it.

I'm betting @BryceC is gonna tell us he would rather have ISU win the Big12 tournament instead of being like pathetic Texas Tech getting bounced in their first game of the Big12 tournament by a bottom dweller. I mean we all know that that conference tournaments aren't meaningless, they are actually way better and more fun than the NCAA tournament. Big12 tournament title >>>>>> NCAA winner/runner up.
Kenpom ranking of Tech’s NCAA opponents...

They will certainly have earned the championship if they win it.

I have been complaining to my wife all season that it appears they have changed how double dribble is called. I saw it all year long, someone would half muff a catch, put the ball on the deck, pick it up to reestablish control, and then they start dribbling. The way it was called when I played, that was a double dribble.

I noticed this all the time as well. A player would go to receive a pass and push the ball to the floor, then catch it, then take off dribbling. It would look so obvious to me.

Latest posts