At what point will ANY of the coaches be held accountable?

bchilds420

I am ashamed to tell people I am a Hawk fan. I know every team has good years and bad years, but we have consistent bad coaching and delusional fans (just wait, at least 5 or 6 will post on this thread to prove my point).

3 things stuck out CLEARLY to me today.. so far.

1) start with a fast paced offense, which is one of our best systems this year. Agree or not, look at the numbers. Then, we slow it down and settle for 2-3 yard runs, leading to a field goal. FAIL 1

2) Whichever coach it was, I do not know. But to allow someone who is NOT EVEN THE PLACEKICKER to line up and not call a timeout, or signal the fake is pure, unacceptable failure as a coaching staff. FAIL 2

3) We (again) get the ball before halftime, with 2 minutes AND timeouts. What do we do? Well who knows, because at first it seems were ok RUNNING the clock out, then oops, we get a first down and waste all but 17 seconds of the time we had, not using timeouts, and THEN decide to go for possible field goal range, touchdown? If you disagree with me, than you disagree with the announcer who made mention to the fact you need to use the timeouts, his thinking was on par with mine. FAIL 3.

At what point will any of these coaches be held accountable for the repeated failures, week in and week out that have time and time again proven to cost us games?

I am ashamed to tell people I am a Hawk fan. I know every team has good years and bad years, but we have consistent bad coaching and delusional fans (just wait, at least 5 or 6 will post on this thread to prove my point).

1) start with a fast paced offense, which is one of our best systems this year. Agree or not, look at the numbers. Then, we slow it down and settle for 2-3 yard runs, leading to a field goal. FAIL 1

2) Whichever coach it was, I do not know. But to allow someone who is NOT EVEN THE PLACEKICKER to line up and not call a timeout, or signal the fake is pure, unacceptable failure as a coaching staff. FAIL 2

3) We (again) get the ball before halftime, with 2 minutes AND timeouts. What do we do? Well who knows, because at first it seems were ok RUNNING the clock out, then oops, we get a first down and waste all but 17 seconds of the time we had, not using timeouts, and THEN decide to go for possible field goal range, touchdown? If you disagree with me, than you disagree with the announcer who made mention to the fact you need to use the timeouts, his thinking was on par with mine. FAIL 3.

At what point will any of these coaches be held accountable for the repeated failures, week in and week out that have time and time again proven to cost us games?

Agree with everything except the first sentence.

If the coaches can just get out of their own way we have a chance to win. If we try everything we can to not score any points, it's going to be a long weekend.

Really you're ashamed? When you tell other people you're a Hawk fan; do they go "oh my Kirk is way too conservative"?

I agree with you 90%. Unfortunately, this is commonplace during the KF era. I'm almost afraid to watch the second half. However, I am not ashamed to be a Hawk fan.

Last edited:
It's the OP's #3 that really has me going right now.. That last possession was an absolute blonde moment by the coaching staff, and we've seen it before. It makes no sense at all.

But will never ashamed to be a hawk fan.

All of your points are spot on, I have never in my life seen a coaching staff that never, ever learns and I Tony LaRussa manages my favorite baseball team so that is saying something. My 6 year old daughter could manage the clock better than these guys and the thing that bothers me the most...these players deserve a much better effort out of the coaching staff

When they stop consistently taking us to bowl games, 8+ win seasons, bowl wins, occasional conference championships, occasional BCS bowls.

get bent.

Ok, the first sentence is an exaggeration, but when a lot of your friends are michigan, ohio st, miami and sec fans.. it puts your teams "success" in perspective.

AS*HAMED. Then stop being one.

Latest posts