At what point will ANY of the coaches be held accountable?

The players have been downright awful today.

You can blame the coaches for the preparation, but the kids on the field have been bad all day.

let's start a thread to see if anyone gives a **** if the op is ashamed to be a fan. im guessing it will be a real short thread.

The players have been downright awful today.

You can blame the coaches for the preparation, but the kids on the field have been bad all day.

Im not denying that the players have played horrible at all. The d, as proven on this last drive, doesnt have ANY talent. But to say that we are in as bad of a spot as now down 2 possessions, if we had attempted from the get-go and at least secured a fg, where we would be down a touchdown.. is plain bizarre.

aaaaannnnnnnd another cokk-sucker goes into the ignore bin

The only thing Ive really seen the coaches do "right" today, which is unproven and purely my opinion, is putting 33 back to return kicks.

The players have been downright awful today. You can blame the coaches for the preparation, but the kids on the field have been bad all day.
Im not denying that the players have played horrible at all. The d, as proven on this last drive, doesnt have ANY talent. But to say that we are in as bad of a spot as now down 2 possessions, if we had attempted from the get-go and at least secured a fg, where we would be down a touchdown.. is plain bizarre.

you are such a joke.

I am ashamed to tell people I am a Hawk fan. I know every team has good years and bad years, but we have consistent bad coaching and delusional fans (just wait, at least 5 or 6 will post on this thread to prove my point).

3 things stuck out CLEARLY to me today.. so far.

1) start with a fast paced offense, which is one of our best systems this year. Agree or not, look at the numbers. Then, we slow it down and settle for 2-3 yard runs, leading to a field goal. FAIL 1

2) Whichever coach it was, I do not know. But to allow someone who is NOT EVEN THE PLACEKICKER to line up and not call a timeout, or signal the fake is pure, unacceptable failure as a coaching staff. FAIL 2

3) We (again) get the ball before halftime, with 2 minutes AND timeouts. What do we do? Well who knows, because at first it seems were ok RUNNING the clock out, then oops, we get a first down and waste all but 17 seconds of the time we had, not using timeouts, and THEN decide to go for possible field goal range, touchdown? If you disagree with me, than you disagree with the announcer who made mention to the fact you need to use the timeouts, his thinking was on par with mine. FAIL 3.

At what point will any of these coaches be held accountable for the repeated failures, week in and week out that have time and time again proven to cost us games?

Simple solution clean house! this is ridiculous its not like you can take those two time outs with you into the next half use them ferentz get your head out! WE WANT TO WIN A FREAKING BIG TEN CHAMPIONSHIP!

How about consitantly running routes 2-3 yards short on 3rd and long?? To contrast that, ALLOWING free catches 2-3 yards past the first down marker to the other team on 3rd and long???? I am so sick of this staff and king ferentz' arrogance.

briney, youre correct. Its poor coaching, yet many will come here and blame the players instead of where the problems lie. And this loss isnt the first time Ive said this. Ive said this coaching staff is bad since 2002. Talent has bailed them out time and time again, and this year, they dont have that. More and more people will see the glaring inability as a staff that these coaches have.

look at the bench shots, there is absolutely ZERO fire in the players, and it all starts with the lack of intensity in the coaching staff.

the iowa press need to grow a set and ask the highest paid state employee why no results. oh thats right, all ceos get the duck sucked no matter how bad the perform.

so youre clearly stating you are not intelligent enough to present a reasonable argument to the facts I have proposed.. so you would rather insult.. OK DERP DERP

No, I'm saving the first sentence made it completely clear you are an ******** and not worth my considerable intelligence or serious discussion.

If you want to have big boy discussions in the future I'd suggest starting a post with something other than an attention grabbing ***** *** crybaby statement. The kiddie room is over at Hawkeye insider.

When they stop consistently taking us to bowl games, 8+ win seasons, bowl wins, occasional conference championships, occasional BCS bowls.

Yep. To put this solely on coaches is a pure misread. Not to say coaches are exonerated, but execution was the bigger problem today. Unfortunately, inexperience and bye weeks don't mix so well.

Latest posts