At what point to do blame Fran for this crap?

Some of it may be on him, but two times down the floor he was yelling at them to run the motion offense and they literally all stood there for all 30 seconds of the clock while then dribbling into 4 people. Twice in the last 3 minutes.

It has nothing to do with coaching and that record is misleading. You have to remember that it is going to be skewed in the wrong direction from what he had to start with.

I'm going to guess too that he didn't want Gessell on the floor the last couple minutes and was leaving Baer out there to try and make a basket (something Gessel can not do), also Baer was better defensively (unlike Gessel who just let Yogi hit another 3 with 2 seconds left on a shot clock ungarded.)

Sorry, but most of these are on the players. Iowa went 0-10 down the stretch AGAIN, that is NOT the coach. It's literally re tard ed to think that the coaching makes you miraculously not make baskets.

Wait, your are ripping on Mike's defense? Dude.......

Honestly this trend of late season collapses is unacceptable. Siena fans warned us of this and it just might be who Fran is as a coach. I think he constant yelling is hurting this team because these kids don't respond to it. They just hang their heads when the going gets tough and play scared. There isn't one leader out there and no matter how much Fran yells and screams nothing changes.

You can't say this level of collapse is acceptable at all. Something is wrong with our team and I'm starting to think it's at the top.

Sorry but those are the facts. Yes I remember the Lick years because this stuff can't happen this far into Fran tenure.

It's downright embarrassing.
I went back and looked at Fran's season by season results at Sienna. His teams did not collapse. Just wanted to point out a historical fact.

Some of it may be on him, but two times down the floor he was yelling at them to run the motion offense and they literally all stood there for all 30 seconds of the clock while then dribbling into 4 people. Twice in the last 3 minutes.

It has nothing to do with coaching and that record is misleading. You have to remember that it is going to be skewed in the wrong direction from what he had to start with.

I'm going to guess too that he didn't want Gessell on the floor the last couple minutes and was leaving Baer out there to try and make a basket (something Gessel can not do), also Baer was better defensively (unlike Gessel who just let Yogi hit another 3 with 2 seconds left on a shot clock ungarded.)

Sorry, but most of these are on the players. Iowa went 0-10 down the stretch AGAIN, that is NOT the coach. It's literally re tard ed to think that the coaching makes you miraculously not make baskets.
These are Fran's players. He recruited them.

You think sitting Gessel at the end was smart? How about literally being taken to the woodshed for the majority of the game because Fran can't figure out how to stop the 3 ball. Fran saved timeouts again and had Iowa sit in the 2-3 zone which hasn't worked the last two weeks.

Yeah it is coaching. This is his team and he can't get players to respond to him when he gets all ****** off. There is a big problem in Iowa City. You can't have these latte collapse.

If it were Ferentz thing place would be melting down.

Folks, we will not win another game. The committee will prob give us the tourney as a 10 seed, but we definitely don't deserve it.
Next season looks to be an NIT year or worse.

I thought Fran drew up 2 brilliant plays at the end of the game. Clemmons airballed a wide open 3 and Jok left it short. How do you blame the coach for that?

I do blame Fran for not leaving Williams, Baer and Wagner in longer though. They were exciting and firing up the team and the crowd.

NOTHING GOOD EVER HAPPENS! STOP TRYING TO SEARCH FOR HAPPINESS BECAUSE IT EXISTS NO LONGER! EVERY MINUTE GOOD THING THAT HAPPENS IS JUST TO GIVE YOU A SLIVER OF HOPE SO IT CAN THEN BE TAKEN AWAY!

In short, I really hate sports and need to quit this hobby. Also, at this moment I really hate Fran. Too many chokes and I blame the coach for this soft team.

I thought Fran drew up 2 brilliant plays at the end of the game. Clemmons airballed a wide open 3 and Jok left it short. How do you blame the coach for that?

I do blame Fran for not leaving Williams, Baer and Wagner in longer though. They were exciting and firing up the team and the crowd.
Clemmons has no business shooting that three. Uthoff is your best guy and he didn't even take one of them. No problem with the Jok three but the Clemmons shot was just stupid.

The only thing I think he effed up was tightening the bench about halfway through the BTen season. After that loss to Indiana, Uhl/Baer/Wagner have been unheard of. They outplayed the seniors tonight...can throw in Williams too.

The only thing I think he effed up was tightening the bench about halfway through the BTen season. After that loss to Indiana, Uhl/Baer/Wagner have been unheard of. They outplayed the seniors tonight...can throw in Williams too.
No issue with him not taking timeouts and late second plays? They have largely been terrible over the years.

Kids don't even care out there. You can't defend this folks. There is a problem on this team and it's Fran. He brought these kids in and they've crapped the bed 2 out of 3 years.

The nation is laughing at us and rightfully so. What a freaking joke.

Dude are you for real. The nation couldn't give a crap about us we've been a non-factor in college hoops for a loooooong time. We are the only ones that care.

---------I'm already there...Fran's got some serious issues with this program he needs to work out.

NO....he needs to work out his issues elsewhere!!!

It's a combination of the lack of seniors that make plays at the end of games and Fran.

Fran really doesn't know when to use timeouts... he actually draws up good plays.

But soooo many times he doesn't call a timeout at the end.. they dribble around and look confused then get off a horrible shot.

That hasn't worked with this group for 4 years.

Dude are you for real. The nation couldn't give a crap about us we've been a non-factor in college hoops for a loooooong time. We are the only ones that care.
Go check out Twitter. Talking heads who were praising Iowa are dumbfounded how this happened.

Twitter doesn't mean the nation cares. I live in KS this state doesn't even recognize Iowa as a basketball program.

I'm sure any educated fan who pays attention to college basketball would be baffled at what happened. They were #1 in Ken Pom not long ago and now they are 17th. Largely because of those early wins.

I just don't know how you can fall that far in a few weeks. This team is just terrible right now.

I blame Fran for not noticing that his starting 5 is good at starting halves hot and then losing leads. The score in these last two games, possibly the last 6, got closer and leads extended with less than 5 starters on the floor once the opposing team's defense settled in each half.

Maybe the starters are getting complacent and trying to stay on the floor by playing weak D. More than likely the opposition can settle in on their defensive plans with the starters in (grab Jok on every screen, get physical with Uthoff). When this team was hot it was getting great bench play and the bench players played like they were fighting for a starting spot and not passing up open looks.

In any case, that was a good game that showed some heart. The bench played a great game.

That North Florida coach was 100% right 2 years ago on how to beat Iowa. Fran can't makes adjustments and his players are not tough.

Someone needs to find that interview.

That North Florida coach was 100% right 2 years ago on how to beat Iowa. Fran can't makes adjustments and his players are not tough.

Someone needs to find that interview.

Can't argue with this.

Fran truly does get out coached alot (how can one argue with his record in close games?) and outside of Wagner, and Woody at times, we just aren't very tough. Indiana played physical tonight and got away with alot. We didnt. But should have.

Latest posts