Arob not transferring according to Keith Murphy

spudhawk

I wonder if he can rejoin the team a la Montel (sp?) Marion.

I can't see anyother reason for him to return, he could play football somewhere.

Here is the tweet:

MurphyKeith Keith Murphy
Adam Robinson says he will not transfer, will return to Iowa. Apologizes for letting everyone down. Asks forgiveness.

Here is a DMR report about the situation: http://hawkcentral.com/2011/01/16/a...»+Iowa+Hawkeyes+coverage)&utm_content=Twitter

Last edited:
Kirk had a lot of good things to say about Adam at the mid-December press conference. Everytime I have been around Adam, the kid is always wearing a smile and just warm on the whole.

He has made a mistake and he will pay for it.

A good step in the right direction to atone for his mistake is to stay in school and keep workings towards earning a degree, whether or not he every plays football again. It's a very good move, because his life doesn't end with his guilty plea on possession of MJ.

I wish him well, no matter if he ever plays for Iowa again or not

I don't think he needs to apologize to us hawk fans. He needs to apologize to his teammates, coaches, and family. IMO, if he uses this latest experience to better himself, then more power to him. I don't think he should ever be allowed back on the team, but not my decision to make.

I know my first response should be to laud the kid and wish him well, but I am just not wired that way. I keep thinking of inexperience in the backfield and missed blitz pickups without him. I really would like to see him back in pads.

I do hope he gets his life a little more together, and I was certainly never in place to throw any stones at him.

He does not have a red shirt available.

I dont know if a return option is open to him or not. I would wager there is no shot at being in spring ball. The next 8 months of his life has to be all books, and doing right there, as well as spotless social behavior.

I dont know if a return option is open to him or not. I would wager there is no shot at being in spring ball. The next 8 months of his life has to be all books, and doing right there, as well as spotless social behavior.

I definitely agree with this. I am sure he won't be involved in spring or even welcome to workout with team in weight room, study table, tutors, etc. But I would guess this decision wasn't made in a vacuum either, you have to think that he had some input from staff about his return.

My guess this is also a move that Robinson (et al) hopes gets the attention of KF for a chance at a return...but I would wager there has been little to no talk of this. Probably all something Adam hopes at least opens a door in June to at least discuss it.

He can go right up to August with this hope, then can go to a UNI if he wanted to for camp.

I remember when I heard he was kicked off the team thinking, "Wow, UNI just got a pretty good running back."

I'm guessing if he's not transferring, it probably means he thinks the door might still be open with the Hawks.

wow, just wow. this says A LOT about Kirk. I dont want him. With Coker, we have a shot at Big Ten Title.

I think Kirk will let him rejoin the team. The timing of Arob's "mistake" couldn't have been worse with the DJK situation happening just a week or two prior.

Iowa would have a better team in 2011 with ARob a part of it, if he puts his transgressions behind him, of that I have no doubt.

But even if he does make it back, I think he comes back in a reserve role, as it's Coker time

yeah, and word is kirk is going to reinstate him. i dont get your point?

Where has that been mentioned by a solid source? Because word was that 20 Iowa players had failed drug tests and were going to be suspended, and Prater was going pro.

yeah, and word is kirk is going to reinstate him. i dont get your point?

That Kirk doesn't have control over admissions, and that Adam enrolling for the spring semester doesn't mean Kirk is going to let him back. Where is this "word" coming from? It isn't coming from that article.

Where has that been mentioned by a solid source? Because word was that 20 Iowa players had failed drug tests and were going to be suspended, and Prater was going pro.

If his sources are the same as Matt Perrault, the word is probably coming from Hawkeye Reports premium board.

Adams actions in the last several months were entirely consistent with someone to whom football was just not important. I wouldn't assume that any of that has changed just because he's returning to Iowa. It's entirely possible he's not transferring because he just doesn't want to play football anymore.

IMO that's much more likely than the idea he's comming back with the hopes to rejoin the team.

Iowa would have a better team in 2011 with ARob a part of it, if he puts his transgressions behind him, of that I have no doubt.

But even if he does make it back, I think he comes back in a reserve role, as it's Coker time

We've all learned Iowa can't have too many backs!

I doubt he'll get a chance without 1 yr of perfect behavior I don't know
if he'll be that patient. I'd love it if he'd try.

Latest posts