Arkansas Reportedly Met with Steve Forbes in Iowa City

All Fran nonsense aside, did Arkansas really fly to IC to interview Forbes while he was in town for the funeral of his father???? What could they possibly expect from an interview in that situation? That's just weird. I doubt they saw Forbes at his best.

It never made any sense to me that Arkansas or any other major conference would ever think about coming after Fran. Frans next gig after Iowa will be coaching at a Mid-Major.

All Fran nonsense aside, did Arkansas really fly to IC to interview Forbes while he was in town for the funeral of his father???? What could they possibly expect from an interview in that situation? That's just weird. I doubt they saw Forbes at his best.

That's what I was thinking. Bad taste.

To me, it seems that one of the bottom lines concerning Fran leaving IC is the fact that he has children in the IC school system. Iowa City is one of the best cities in America and his children have and are recieving an excellent education in a wholesome and safe environment.....

He also has an experienced team coming back with two highly regarded recruits and talented players who red-shirted last season ready to go when the season starts.....

Expectations are high and more than likely will achieve better results than 2 years ago. I am looking forward to it for certain.....

:cool:
It would be difficult to achieve worse results than two years ago. But Frannie Mac-coached teams certainly are capable of trying.

Business is business. Especially when it comes to college athletics. I somehow doubt Arkansas dropped in unannounced.

I'm sure they asked and I'm sure he agreed. I just don't understand their expectations of this situation.
Um, maybe to gauge the interest of a possible new head coach, who obviously signaled a willingness to talk.

Or maybe they just wanted to extend condolences.

Here’s what I think happened:

The New Mexico Twitter guy or someone he knew found the flight tracker info and ran with it. There was no “ace source.”
I am not a twitter guy, but I hope someone calls this clown out for making up a source. Source suggests a person, not guess work from tracking a plane. Guys a clown.

Here’s what I think happened:

The New Mexico Twitter guy or someone he knew found the flight tracker info and ran with it. There was no “ace source.”
giphy.gif

See, told ya... :)

Fran Looking Around?

I am not a twitter guy, but I hope someone calls this clown out for making up a source. Source suggests a person, not guess work from tracking a plane. Guys a clown.
Not only does he not give a shit if someone calls him out, that would be exactly what he want.

The reason he did it was to draw attention to himself and get clicks on his twitter profile, and we are giving him attention for sure.

Good luck with that. We live in an era where major news networks make shit up and nobody holds them accountable.

In response to Fran's rhetorical question, I offer a rhetorical response: I don't know, are you dumb enough to chase a referee into a tunnel following a game and cuss him out in front of other people, resulting in a 2-game suspension from your team when they are battling for a high seed in the NCAA tourney?

In response to Fran's rhetorical question, I offer a rhetorical response: I don't know, are you dumb enough to chase a referee into a tunnel following a game and cuss him out in front of other people, resulting in a 2-game suspension from your team when they are battling for a high seed in the NCAA tourney?[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't want to be the employee at McDonald's who get's Fran's order wrong

Latest posts