Arizona State's Trent Lockett

Look at everyone getting on the transfer bandwagon. Hypocrites around here. And spare me the agony of trying to say it's "different" with ISU.

We've all seen it can work, now we want in on it. CFH probably ruined CBB as now the transfer recruiting circuit is going to be hotter than the HS and JUCO recruiting circuit and I can see it easily getting messy. Great idea by CFH though he is the originator.

Hopefully he doesn't go to Iowa. Wouldn't want you to have any thug transfers on your team. :)

Oh, like Hubbard?

Hmm, I guess I missed where Gary Barta publicly denounced and ridiculed the excessive amount of kids transferring and then openly supporting the coach he hired who was taking on an extraordinary amount of transfers to turn around his basketball program.

As outspoken as McCaffrey has been against the graduate early and transfer rule, I highly doubt he pursues Lockett. Granted, his situation is unique because of the family situation. If he does, where does he play and which of the guards loses their PT or red shirts....Oglesby?

The Utah transfer is eligible next season for ISU, so I am not sure there would be enough shots for both. For those calling others hypocrites for being in favor of pursuing a transfer, I think they need to recognize the difference between 1 player vs. an entire team.

From the article: "Lockett, the Sun Devils' leading scorer, recently found out that his mother has cancer. He then informed coach Herb Sendek of his plans to play closer to home. It's still possible Lockett could return to ASU, but it's not likely. Since Lockett, an honors student, is scheduled to graduate this summer, he could transfer to another school, and under the right circumstances, play immediately."

Stay classy, ISUcy08.

I totally understand why he is leaving, and feel bad for him. I'm just getting on some of you guys for railing on our guys (calling them thugs) with NO character issues (Babb, Christopherson, Booker, Clyburn). Had nothing to do his issue, more a few of you guys railing on transfers.

i dont think this is enforced, otherwise i dont see how jeff peterson could have gone to FSU from Arkansas.

Florida State offers an MSM degree-- Master's of Science in Marketing. University of Arkansas just has the conventional MBA (although you can still focus in marketing). All the articles say that Peterson went to get a marketing degree, so that must of been what he enrolled in.

For any student seeking a grad degree in business, this requirement isn't too tough, if only because different universities tend to use different names for what is basically the same degree.

Who's twitter?

Ryan James ‏ @RyanJamesMN Close
43 schools called about Trent Lockett in the first hour after the national announcement. He is exploring his options at this time.
Retweeted by Tom Kakert
RETWEETS
FAVORITE
9:52 AM - 21 Mar 12 via txt · Details
Reply Retweet Favorite
2h David Scherber ‏ @Scher215 · Open
@RyanJamesMN know if Gophers were one of them?
2h jmag21 ‏ @jmag21 · Open
@RyanJamesMN Would he fit here? I like it a lot. If things break right, he and Trevor would make us B1G title contenders, in my opinion.

I totally understand why he is leaving, and feel bad for him. I'm just getting on some of you guys for railing on our guys (calling them thugs) with NO character issues (Babb, Christopherson, Booker, Clyburn). Had nothing to do his issue, more a few of you guys railing on transfers.

That's fine, just take it to a different thread. We're trying to have a discussion about a particular player and situation here, rather than re-hash the same argument that's been going on for over a year.

Florida State offers an MSM degree-- Master's of Science in Marketing. University of Arkansas just has the conventional MBA (although you can still focus in marketing). All the articles say that Peterson went to get a marketing degree, so that must of been what he enrolled in.

For any student seeking a grad degree in business, this requirement isn't too tough, if only because different universities tend to use different names for what is basically the same degree.

nice find, makes sense.

As outspoken as McCaffrey has been against the graduate early and transfer rule, I highly doubt he pursues Lockett. Granted, his situation is unique because of the family situation. If he does, where does he play and which of the guards loses their PT or red shirts....Oglesby?

The Utah transfer is eligible next season for ISU, so I am not sure there would be enough shots for both. For those calling others hypocrites for being in favor of pursuing a transfer, I think they need to recognize the difference between 1 player vs. an entire team.

I missed this. When did he address this issue and what did he say? Genuinely curious about it.

There's a difference between using a transfer to round out your roster, and building your team off of a majority of transfer players, several who have had character/legal issues in the past. Not saying either way is wrong, but if you really can't tell the difference, you must not be too bright.

Please, enlighten me with what the difference is.

That's fine, just take it to a different thread. We're trying to have a discussion about a particular player and situation here, rather than re-hash the same argument that's been going on for over a year.

No problem, just had to get my 2 cents in. Carry on.

Enlighten us

Here's an item from the QC Times last summer..

I missed this. When did he address this issue and what did he say? Genuinely curious about it.

Brenner: McCaffery, colleagues despise post-grad transfer

Very rich that Izzo and Weber opposed the rule, but not so much that each of them turned down adding a graduate-transfer this year. Wood, especially, for MSU has been very valuable now that they lost a prominent wing player to injury.

Every coach can rationalize why accepting a player who has graduated but is eligible right away is right for their school. Weber did so by pointing to Manascalso's "special" situation and Izzo did by saying he "handled it the right way."

Simple solution to the problem. If a student/athlete is truly interested in continuing with a graduate degree (either at his current school or another one with a graduate degree he's interested in), let the school pay for a fifth year of school, but he's not eligible to play sports.

Re: Here's an item from the QC Times last summer..

Brenner: McCaffery, colleagues despise post-grad transfer

Very rich that Izzo and Weber opposed the rule, but not so much that each of them turned down adding a graduate-transfer this year. Wood, especially, for MSU has been very valuable now that they lost a prominent wing player to injury.

Every coach can rationalize why accepting a player who has graduated but is eligible right away is right for their school. Weber did so by pointing to Manascalso's "special" situation and Izzo did by saying he "handled it the right way."

Simple solution to the problem. If a student/athlete is truly interested in continuing with a graduate degree (either at his current school or another one with a graduate degree he's interested in), let the school pay for a fifth year of school, but he's not eligible to play sports.

Your solution makes no sense. The kid at ASU will graduate in three years. Who pays for the fourth year?

Are you ********? Go back and read my post carefully. I'm confident you can figure it out.
I read your post, and in that post you called me an idiot so I'm not sure why you expect me to have any reading comprehension skills. Please explain it to me.

do you really need someone to explain to you the difference between filling a team with transfers, half of which were kicked off their previous team, and picking up a random transfer here and there? especially one that already graduated college in 3 years.

I'm not even saying what isu did was wrong, but it definitely leaves the door open to get made fun of

Hopefully he doesn't go to Iowa. Wouldn't want you to have any thug transfers on your team. :)

There is a big difference between a guy who wants to be closer to a sick relative and someone who was kicked off his previous team.

Latest posts