Are You Renewing Your Season Tickets?

With all the donations and stuff, it won't be the listed price. Either way, hopefully I won't have time to make trips to Iowa City. If I do, it means I didn't get the job I want.

I figured you were including donations.

I just didnt figure fresh out of college that you would want to sit in a seat the required a donation.

You get 10 points for being an alum. I think 12 was the cutoff last year for new applicants.

kirk-ferentz-meme-generator-renewing-your-tickets-i-m-winning-2c141d.jpg

Not sure yet. Tough to think about watching on TV. Love going but very pricy for the team on the field last year. 2 seats with $400 seat license each plus cost of tickets. Not to mention $100 of tailgate every week. Bad part about our seats are someone different sits to my right every week. Makes me question whether all the seat licenses are collected. Had same seats since the re-seating and yet to have the same person twice. Seems like ticket renewal sends the message that this fan thinks all is well and will keep coming, Maybe I am an unloyal Hawkeye fan if I do renew tickets?

Your entire tailgate expense is $100/week, '33? How does that break down?
I'm guessing $85 worth of Natty Lite + $15 worth of Hy-Vee hotdogs?
#winning

:p :rolleyes: ;)

I am renewing this year and if they suck donkey balls I am done for 2014. I had an extra ticket that me and my buddy went in on this year and having nobody want to even go into the stadium to watch the disaster known as Iowa football in the last half of the season was enough to make me question if I need to buy tickets or not. I could have scalped a ticket for $10 or $20 most games last year, so why pay more if I don't need too? Plus I heard Scorp is going to buy a luxury suite for all of the primo HN members this next season anyway.

Not sure yet. Tough to think about watching on TV. Love going but very pricy for the team on the field last year. 2 seats with $400 seat license each plus cost of tickets. Not to mention $100 of tailgate every week. Bad part about our seats are someone different sits to my right every week. Makes me question whether all the seat licenses are collected. Had same seats since the re-seating and yet to have the same person twice. Seems like ticket renewal sends the message that this fan thinks all is well and will keep coming, Maybe I am an unloyal Hawkeye fan if I do renew tickets?
All that means is that the person that owns the seats next to you is reselling them instead of using the tickets themselves. Plenty of people purchase season tickets just to resell them. The two seats directly in front of me are filled by different people every game, and have been for years.

Those of you that donate to the athletic department and renew (or expand) your season tickets, good for you. But that does not make you any more of a Hawkeye fan than those that choose not to.

Personally I hope there are more Hawkeye fans like the OP than those that will donate and buy the tickets regardless of the results.

Those of you that donate to the athletic department and renew (or expand) your season tickets, good for you. But that does not make you any more of a Hawkeye fan than those that choose not to.

Personally I hope there are more Hawkeye fans like the OP than those that will donate and buy the tickets regardless of the results.

R u sure? I thought it did.

R u sure? I thought it did.

Nope, I think the best message you can send the athletic department is to either enjoy the game in the comfort of your own home or go and tailgate with your friends and then go to a bar once the game starts.

I have been a Cub fan all my life and it used to tick me off to see Wrigley sell out regardless if the team won or not. Most of the people that went to the games were just there for the party.

Walking definition of fair weather. But trying to talk his way out of it.

I'll be renewing.

Oh really?

Assuming you watch Iowa Basketball games, please tell me if you watch from your season ticket seat in Carver or from somewhere else?

Don't even try to tell me you don't have basketball season tickets. If so, you are the walking definition a fair weather fan (YOUR definition, not mine).

Oh really?

Assuming you watch Iowa Basketball games, please tell me if you watch from your season ticket seat in Carver or from somewhere else?

Don't even try to tell me you don't have basketball season tickets. If so, you are the walking definition a fair weather fan (YOUR definition, not mine).

There are so many other arguments you can make to defend your stance, using basketball is not a good one. Are you a season ticket holder of every Hawkeye athletic team?

Absolutely will renew - like many have said it is about the whole day experience. Plus my last child will be graduating this year from high school and will be a freshman at Iowa next fall!

There are so many other arguments you can make to defend your stance, using basketball is not a good one. Are you a season ticket holder of every Hawkeye athletic team?

I am not and that is my point. If not renewing my season tickets to football makes me a fair weather fan, why wouldn't it apply to basketball tickets? Because they have stunk it up for 5-6 years? Hypocritical if you ask me.

I am not arguing with you, just pointing out the ridiculous notion that not renewing season tickets would make anyone "fair weather". My closet has more black and gold in it than anything else, and it has for over thirty years.

I am not and that is my point. If not renewing my season tickets to football makes me a fair weather fan, why wouldn't it apply to basketball tickets? Because they have stunk it up for 5-6 years? Hypocritical if you ask me.

I am not arguing with you, just pointing out the ridiculous notion that not renewing season tickets would make anyone "fair weather". My closet has more black and gold in it than anything else, and it has for over thirty years.

And I am sure Nike, Russell, Starter, etc appreciate it very much.

I'm renewing so I can boo Kurt and Gerg with every swing pass to Weisman and / or 3-yard flat route on 3rd and 5.
1) It just wouldn't have the same effect from my couch.
2) Because, by God, I'm no "fair weather" fan! (since I'll be in Kinnick and will have met the criteria of the pious, Hawkeye uberfan.)

I drive 4 hrs to home games.

For me renewal of season tics is more about marketplace. I really don't care who I sit next to.
But I'm far too smart to pay $80/tic for all games when they can be had so much cheaper. I wonder how many other items I am willing to pay 4 times other alternatives for same product?

Plus, I might just decided not to incurr all the travel time and expense for some crappy OOC game.

And I am sure Nike, Russell, Starter, etc appreciate it very much.

Sec has a point, I am pretty sure that unless you bought your gear directly from the school most likely the UofI only got like 5-15% of the sale depending on the business you purchased it froms contract to sell the merchandise.

Sec has a point, I am pretty sure that unless you bought your gear directly from the school most likely the UofI only got like 5-15% of the sale depending on the business you purchased it froms contract to sell the merchandise.

But then again nobody is paying me to be a walking billboard for the university either.

Latest posts