Are we overlooking Anthony Clemmons?

so by by your thinking, Paige way overrated as he played in Iowa, where they have no competition,
either that or you are saying Paige is asgood as advertised because he chose UNC, and Gesell can't be that good because he chose Iowa, you really need to be carefull how you choose to put down a kid on his opposition.

I didn't put down anyone. I never said anything bad about Gesell. I said because of his high school competition Clemmons probably was better prepared to handle the rigors of an 18-game Big Ten schedule.

Some how you are interpreting my statement to mean that Clemmons is better than Gesell. I never said that!

But we all know about your reading comprehension. Wisonsin 83 - Ohio State 60.

Also, are you threatening me?

AAU ball is like the PTL, defense is non-existent. Also its Ge-sell.

Crazy quote. While it's true that I have seen and played in my share of AAU ball where there wasn't a lick of defense being played, I've also experienced that with high school ball as well. Honestly, AAU defense is probably superior just because of the quality of athletes involved.

don't know how Clemmons competition makes him better prepared than Gesell. comment can be taken anyother way than a put down of Gesell, using a players competition to guage one player vs another is not a good way to judge unless they play the same competition.
otherwise its a apple to oranges comparision

don't know how Clemmons competition makes him better prepared than Gesell. comment can be taken anyother way than a put down of Gesell, using a players competition to guage one player vs another is not a good way to judge unless they play the same competition.

Only by a moron.

You did it Herby, you freaking did it. You out dumbed yourself.

I can assure you that in the big national AAU tournaments teams are playing hard to win on both ends of the floor. You have some of the top talent in the country giving their absolute best. I think that sometimes people see highlight video clips if someone getting posterized, caught out of position or beaten like they stole something and assume the whole tournament is like that.

There certainly are top tier kids who don't understand or play good defense but there also talented kids out there who take pride in shutting opponents down. If a kid consistently performs well at this level, that kid is seriously talented and more likely to transition well into D1.

I think looking at the recruits brought in so far, I fully trust Fran & Co. in their talent evalutaions.....no J.R. Angle's or Devin Archie's to speak of! *knock on wood*

in many ways beyound your comprehension, Gesell has played against the competition that prepared him for BT play, by playing in AAU Ball he went up against some of the best kids in the country including the one and done players, as did Woodbury by playing in the NBA top 100
if you really believe because Clemmons played in Michigan, he is better prepared to play in the BT, vs Gesell plays in Nebraska.
makes you the biggest fool on here

You did it Herby, you freaking did it. You out dumbed yourself.

I didn't read far enough to figure out what the end of this thread was about, but I DID read far enough to figure out that neither herby or Columbus had anything intelligent to say........ If you're really a Hawk fan just be thankful we have recruits that we're talking about and be a bit positive about where we're headed.

AAU ball is like the PTL, defense is non-existent. Also its Ge-sell.

No exsistent? Are you kidding me?

So you think its easier to play against other division one recruits in AAU than it is to play against average highschool competition?

Also attributing Aaron Whites relative success in comparison to McCabe and May to better highschool competition is a big stretch.

Hes had more success because he is a bigger more talented and more athletic player.

No exsistent? Are you kidding me?

So you think its easier to play against other division one recruits in AAU than it is to play against average highschool competition?

Also attributing Aaron Whites relative success in comparison to McCabe and May to better highschool competition is a big stretch.

Hes had more success because he is a bigger more talented and more athletic player.

Exactly right about Whites success. Harrison Barnes is doing fine, Doug McDermott is doing fine, Marcus Paige will do fine, Woodbury, and Gesel will do fine also. No knock against them, but McCabe and May just werent as good as the afformentioned, even thought they all played against the same competition here in Iowa....

I look at Sobolewski of NW...he was not a top 150 player,but he was the lead guard for 3 years at Benet Academy in suburban chicago. Last year,he and Wisky 7fter Kaminsky led Benet to the #1 ranking in the state. Sobo was 1st team all state.
They played city teams all the time. Sobo was hardened by his competition,and was not scared one bit when he came to the Big Ten this year.
He played AAU also,so his experience in the summer was similar to Gesell.
But,I do think that high school experience is valuable.
I would be very very happy if Gesell had a year like Sobo did this year.
Clemmons has played tough competition,but again,we are all wondering why nobody beyond mid-majors took a look.

If you go out and find youtube videos of both Clemmons and Ingram, you will see that Ingram is a stud. Maybe even a better all around player compared to Clemmons. He can shoot, take it to the bucket aggressively and finish, he has hops and he defends. He will be a very good 2 guard next year. But, I think Gessell, Clemmons, Ingram, Marble and Oglesby could all play PG next year if needed. I think Iowa will be fine.

how can he be overlooked? It's pretty hard to have a clue about a kid who hasn't played in the prime time league yet let alone a college game. He may turn out to be the best of all of em. Or he may turn into eric may. Not worth talking about yet too soon

If you go out and find youtube videos of both Clemmons and Ingram, you will see that Ingram is a stud. Maybe even a better all around player compared to Clemmons. He can shoot, take it to the bucket aggressively and finish, he has hops and he defends. He will be a very good 2 guard next year. But, I think Gessell, Clemmons, Ingram, Marble and Oglesby could all play PG next year if needed. I think Iowa will be fine.

IA will have more options this fall at PG than they've had in a long time. OP's remembering too much about Lickliter on that point.

I agree about Ingram. More than Gatens' offense, we'll miss his defense next year. Ingram could help fill that defensive void on the wing and not be a liability on O, if May can't do that job as a senior. More than Clemmons, I think Ingram is being overlooked in this class. According to ESPN's ratings, he is the third best player joining IA next fall. Plus, in line with other opinion's here, he is from a metro HS conference with presumably better competition than average.

For the record, internet videos can make most D-1 athletes look like "studs".

IA will have more options this fall at PG than they've had in a long time. OP's remembering too much about Lickliter on that point.

I agree about Ingram. More than Gatens' offense, we'll miss his defense next year. Ingram could help fill that defensive void on the wing and not be a liability on O, if May can't do that job as a senior. More than Clemmons, I think Ingram is being overlooked in this class. According to ESPN's ratings, he is the third best player joining IA next fall. Plus, in line with other opinion's here, he is from a metro HS conference with presumably better competition than average.

If Ingram can improve his outside shot he will be the most athletic guard the Hawks have had in a long time, give him a couple of years but I cant wait to watch next yrs team and who will be in the top 8 -9 rotation.

Latest posts