Apparently Baylor and ISU think the 3 point shot is just about the only shot to take

Re: Apparently Baylor and ISU think the 3 point shot is just about the only shot to t

I dunno. Maybe it's because there are so many clowns on this board trying to tell us how bad the Hawks are.

And Miller doesn't do a damn thing about it.

Re: Apparently Baylor and ISU think the 3 point shot is just about the only shot to t

mikagauged.jpg
Deandre Kane.

Iowa st has a couple of things Iowa doesn't. Very solid guard play and the ability to consistently hit 3's. They could make a run in the tourney with the right matchups.

This. Was very impressed with the continued improvement of Kane. 30 pts, 9 assists, 8 rbs, and 5 rebounds.

The thing that Cyclone fans are bitter about is that we've heard 1000x that "the better team didn't win" and "home cookin at Hilton is worth 10 points".

Which is exactly what Iowa fans heard about last years game in Carver? Are you an idiot?

Do we really need to go down this road again? Point is moot. Iowa State is playing even better than they were in the beginning of the season. Why can't we enjoy having two good schools in the state this year?

Have to agree with CWood here. Who cares? Hilton is one of the toughest places to play in the country.

I'm not sure I understand the question, but it doesn't really matter. I wouldn't care if every single player was a transfer as long as they win and don't get into trouble.

Here are the guys that haven't transferred in and have been Cyclones since they were freshmen though....

Ejim, Niang, Thomas, Morris, Naz Long, Sherron Dorsey-Walker, Percy Gibson, and Tyler Ellerman. 8 out of 11 guys isn't so bad is it?

Serious question because I don't know. How many players have left with eligibility remaining (excluding White who went to the NBA) since Fred took over at Iowa State? Will all 8 of those players you listed stay or be allowed to stay all 4 years?

Serious question because I don't know. How many players have left with eligibility remaining (excluding White who went to the NBA) since Fred took over at Iowa State? Will all 8 of those players you listed stay or be allowed to stay all 4 years?

Serious question.
How many NCAA tournaments did Iowa participate in the last 2 seasons?

2 seniors in this year's rotation, for the record. Ejim and Kane.

Who cares about the game last night....If Iowa could shoot like that, we'd win a lot more games....They certainly have the talent that can shoot it....hasn't anyone else notice that's how the game is played, and it usually starts w/good guard play....drive and dish....and everyone else just hovers around the arc...ISU has the green light all the time, just like the MSU's, OSU's, Wisconsin's, etc...etc...etc...

Iowa State is 12-0 all time against Baylor in Hilton. I'm glad they won...don't like Baylor at all but let's not get carried away. Both of Iowa State's wins against Kenpom top 25 teams have been at Hilton...Iowa is #12 and Michigan is #21. Oklahoma on the road is the next game. They are #57 in Kenpom so it's not what I would call a big win.

Iowa State has a very good team. Iowa State is likely going to end the season with a very good record. However, we may not know if they are a top 10 team rather than more of a number 20 type team until the NCAA Tournament. Their only top 25 Kenpom road games this season are at #10 Oklahoma State and at #14 Kansas. What about Baylor you ask. They are #32 on Kenpom. Kansas State is #42. Texas is #65.

We all know Iowa State has historically been a better home team. They only have 2 true road tests against ranked teams according to Kenpom. Since the NCAA Tournament is not played at Hilton it isn't until then that we'll know for sure. Although getting the road wins at Oklahoma State and/or Kansas will go a long ways in convincing me. Wins at Baylor, Texas, Kansas State and/or Oklahoma will help.

Iowa State is 12-0 all time against Baylor in Hilton. I'm glad they won...don't like Baylor at all but let's not get carried away. Both of Iowa State's wins against Kenpom top 25 teams have been at Hilton...Iowa is #12 and Michigan is #21. Oklahoma on the road is the next game. They are #57 in Kenpom so it's not what I would call a big win.

Iowa State has a very good team. Iowa State is likely going to end the season with a very good record. However, we may not know if they are a top 10 team rather than more of a number 20 type team until the NCAA Tournament. Their only top 25 Kenpom road games this season are at #10 Oklahoma State and at #14 Kansas. What about Baylor you ask. They are #32 on Kenpom. Kansas State is #42. Texas is #65.

We all know Iowa State has historically been a better home team. They only have 2 true road tests against ranked teams according to Kenpom. Since the NCAA Tournament is not played at Hilton it isn't until then that we'll know for sure. Although getting the road wins at Oklahoma State and/or Kansas will go a long ways in convincing me. Wins at Baylor, Texas, Kansas State and/or Oklahoma will help.

Good points! ISU's schedule looks ok SOS wise but their 3 toughest games have been at home. BYU is their best road win and that doesn't look as good as it once did. BYU is coming off losses to Loyola and Pepperdine, so BYU is not impressive.

They still have a very good team though and when shooting well can beat anyone. A team like Ohio St would be tough for ISU because of the way they defend he perimeter yet still have some inside presence.

There are seven good teams in the big 12 and Iowa State will play them all on the road. The odds of winning on the road between the #50 and #70 team are so similar it's almost negligible. 50 is an arbitrary line drawn to make Iowa State's sched look bad when it's not.

How Iowa State does in the tourney won't tell me too much honestly. Iowa State lost to Hampton in 2001 and that didn't make that team frauds or anything, it happens. Teams can lose in 1 game scenarios.

Good points! ISU's schedule looks ok SOS wise but their 3 toughest games have been at home. BYU is their best road win and that doesn't look as good as it once did. BYU is coming off losses to Loyola and Pepperdine, so BYU is not impressive.

They still have a very good team though and when shooting well can beat anyone. A team like Ohio St would be tough for ISU because of the way they defend he perimeter yet still have some inside presence.

It wasn't to tough last year even without Babb. Iowa State still was able to get its points against OSU in what was pretty close to what you could call a road game.

Teams that D up really well don't worry me with Iowa State. Hoiberg finds holes and the team always gets their points. What worries me is teams like Iowa. Teams that get up and down the court quick and can score with ISU. Those teams will give Iowa State more of a fit as we saw when Iowa played them.

I honestly am surprised by ISU guard play. I didn't see that coming. Lots of assists and very few turnovers, plus they hit key free throws. I thought that would be the area that we would excel at, I envisoned Gessel to be one of those kids with ice water in his viens shooting 90% FTs with games on the line. Turns out he's the last person you want on the line at the end of a game. But at least we can say we recruited him as a freshman!!!!

Winning on the road is very difficult, and if your conference is worth anything, even some of the best teams are probably going to hover around or a little above .500 when it comes to a road record in conference.

ISU has shown they can play very well on the road, last year there problem was not unlike Iowa's they spit the bit against KU, OSU, Texas on the road, they had leads only to have last second shots cost them. I am guessing that ISU will lose 4 or 5 on the road this year, and it could start this weekend at OU.

Last time I checked the NCAA tourney is played on a psuedo neutral site. Both Iowa and ISU have shown they play pretty well at neutral sites. While you say it is not played at Hilton, or Carver for that matter, you cannot say its a true road game either. And if either or both were to get a high seed, there is a good chance they might get to play closer to home. And I think that is more possible these days with pod system, ISU & Iowa could be in different regions, still play close to home. Which probably means it would be more like a home than a road game for both schools given a strong fan following.

Also KenPom is not the be all end all when it comes to information. You honestly think Louisville is the number 3 team, Creighton #9, Gonazaga #20? Its a good system, but it has its flaws too.

Baylor's gameplan was horrible and Scott Drew should be questioned by the Baylor faithful. Can't get in a 3-pt shooting contest with teh clowns - they will own you. Why they didn't bang it down low the whole game is mind boggling.

Latest posts