Apathy has set in for most fans....

hawkeyz10

...judging by the number of threads, post, and views in this forum it appears there is a great deal of apathy with the program. I even bet on the hawks to cover and I am apathetic about losing money.

This is the first time in a long time where I didn't really feel anything after the game. I'm not upset and I'm not mad. I guess I've just come to expect it at this point.

This is the first time in a long time where I didn't really feel anything after the game. I'm not upset and I'm not mad. I guess I've just come to expect it at this point.

As I sat there with my wife I told her, I just expect this now. You just knew when it was close at the end we would manage to lose. I really don't think Kirk can right this ship.

I predicted this loss so I wasn't shocked when they lost. The way they lost surprised me though. New staff, same team. Play well for awhile, then the coaches pull back and the other team pulls it out. Coach to win, coach to score, coach aggressive for all 60 minutes. I became apathetic during the psu game when I predicted they wouldn't win another game that season.

I predicted this loss so I wasn't shocked when they lost. The way they lost surprised me though. New staff, same team. Play well for awhile, then the coaches pull back and the other team pulls it out. Coach to win, coach to score, coach aggressive for all 60 minutes.

Spot on, man.

FreedComanche

I came here to start this very thread. Glad to see it's here already.
Ambivalence describes my outlook on Hawkeye football at this point.
I expected that Iowa would lose this game. I still see us finishing 3-9 and if KF can shrug and say "that's football" then why should I get worked up over another loss.
Meh.......maybe we can avoid embarrassment vs Missouri St.

Apathy has certainly set in for me. The good news is I cant really be disappointed. Which is a pretty cool feeling. Although I'm sure winning would feel better.

Call me fair weather but after last year I gave up my season tix. First home opener in 20 years I have missed. I am so glad that I wasn't there. Having free Saturdays almost seem s liberating. I shouldn't feel that way and Its really amazing how indifferent I feel about iowa football 5 years ago I would have never though I could feel this way. I had an errand to run during the opening kick and I actually forgot about the game briefly. Looks like my fall Saturdays are going to be drastically different and likely more productive.

7 losses in a row is more than a trend, it's a direction. I too was more resigned than upset afterwards. But hey, Missouri State is up next week. That should be something to build on. Right?

Latest posts